Rome Cabs

SID1962

On 1/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, djh said:

I’m curious,  how long it took you to get to Rome? We are looking at booking a 12:40 flight to the US the same day as we arrive in Civitavecchia. The ship arrives at 6 am and we have priority disembarkation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

' We had priority debarkation and told them to meet us at 7:30am.  We self debarked and got off just at that time.  It was perfect, took less than an hour to get to FCO, we were there abotu 8:30 to check in for our flight.  Make sure you let them know which airline and watch signs for which terminal.  Ours dropped us ooff correctly, there were a ton in line.....workers came along to let everyone know what airlines that line was for, other airlines (Delta is who we had) were inside and not in the long line. We had plenty of time but wanted to be safe!  We had a 12:15pm flight.

7 hours ago, KatPem said:

' We had priority debarkation and told them to meet us at 7:30am.  We self debarked and got off just at that time.  It was perfect, took less than an hour to get to FCO, we were there abotu 8:30 to check in for our flight.  Make sure you let them know which airline and watch signs for which terminal.  Ours dropped us ooff correctly, there were a ton in line.....workers came along to let everyone know what airlines that line was for, other airlines (Delta is who we had) were inside and not in the long line. We had plenty of time but wanted to be safe!  We had a 12:15pm flight.

When you say you had priority debarkation was that because you were in the Haven or just that you walked off with your luggage? Our last Mediterranean cruise was 4 years ago but if I recall correctly, disembarking didn’t seem to take as long as it does for a cruise from the US. Am I remembering that correctly?

On 2/25/2023 at 3:20 AM, gatorchinsky said:

When you say you had priority debarkation was that because you were in the Haven or just that you walked off with your luggage? Our last Mediterranean cruise was 4 years ago but if I recall correctly, disembarking didn’t seem to take as long as it does for a cruise from the US. Am I remembering that correctly?

Our first time disembarking Civitavecchia arriving at 7 AM.  Our flight back home same day  is 1:35 

what is the best way and the fastest to get to the airport we don't have priority disembarkation 

thanks for the help

8 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Our first time disembarking Civitavecchia arriving at 7 AM.  Our flight back home same day  is 1:35 

what is the best way and the fastest to get to the airport we don't have priority disembarkation 

thanks for the help

The best and fastest is a private transfer. Even if you disembark at 9 am, you would be at the airport by 10 am, 3.5 hours before your flight. That's plenty of time.

I thought I would ask here, in case anyone has done this.  If we find another couple to share a Private Transfer to the cruise port,  would it be a problem if their hotel in Rome central is a few blocks or more away?   Would they not want to stop to make two pickups.

I do not know of any shared shuttles that leave Rome in the morning.  Most would get you to the ship at noon or later.  So, a private transfer might be the only way to get there earlier.  Another couple or small party would help with the higher cost.

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

I thought I would ask here, in case anyone has done this.  If we find another couple to share a Private Transfer to the cruise port,  would it be a problem if their hotel in Rome central is a few blocks or more away?   Would they not want to stop to make two pickups.

I do not know of any shared shuttles that leave Rome in the morning.  Most would get you to the ship at noon or later.  So, a private transfer might be the only way to get there earlier.  Another couple or small party would help with the higher cost.

Last summer our friends were staying at a different hotel, not that close to ours. Rome Cabs picked them up at no extra charge. 

• Like 1

I posted on my Roll Call that the 4 of us were taking a private car service from the Hilton Rome Airport.  Another couple ask to join us and their hotel was near the airport,also.  I contacted Rome Cabs and Rome Limo.  With  the amount of luggage, Rome Cab said we will need 2 cars.

Two people are a different hotel, they were willing to take a taxi to hotel for the pickup.  I asked Rome Cab - 1 pickup no extra charge, picking up at the second hotel would be €10 extra.  The other couple felt €10 was worth the money.

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2014 at 5:42 PM, SID1962 said:

PSU,

Thank you. I have no idea why I missed that. I did email them.

Tony O,

The cost for my wife and I, 4 large suitcases and 2 carry ons, from the port to our hotel in Rome is 130 Euros. It is cash only, payable when you arrive at your destination. Figure a tip and you are looking at 150 Euros give or take.

Expensive? Probably, but they have gotten good reviews here at Cruise Critic, and I would rather spend a bit more and be sure. We are both in out late 60's with minor locomotion issues, so schlepping our luggage any distance is not something we would do if we can aviod it at all.

But since we plan on winning the final Bingo and hitting the slots for a large amount, should not be a problem 😄

Thanks again,

Sid1962

that is a good price.    Not at all expensive for two people and luggage.   Plus they are reliable.  

• 3 weeks later...

We had a great experience with Rome Cabs for our pickup at the airport as well as our transfer from our hotel in Rome to the cruise port. For airport pickup after a long flight, a private transfer is a small luxury at just 15 euros more than getting a taxi. The private transfer from hotel to airport was actually about 10 euros less than the cost of the Princess bus transfer that we would have had to get to Fuimicino to use. They saved us time and money. 

• 2 weeks later...

When booking the private transfer with Rome Cabs, how do you know what time to tell them to pick you up at the port?  E.g. ship arrives 6am (scheduled).  I don't know if we'll be able to get off by 7, or 8, or 9am.... never taken an EU cruise; all our US cruises they have "group number" and they announce when each group is allowed to disembark, etc.  So I really don't have much control (other than saying I'll carry my own luggage off to get in the first group).. but we still have to clear customs, etc.

1 hour ago, rjhollan said:

When booking the private transfer with Rome Cabs, how do you know what time to tell them to pick you up at the port?  E.g. ship arrives 6am (scheduled).  I don't know if we'll be able to get off by 7, or 8, or 9am.... never taken an EU cruise; all our US cruises they have "group number" and they announce when each group is allowed to disembark, etc.  So I really don't have much control (other than saying I'll carry my own luggage off to get in the first group).. but we still have to clear customs, etc.

First, there are no customs formalities to speak of in European ports. You exit the ship, pick up your bags, and you're free to go.

Are you headed into a city to extend your stay or to the airport for a flight?  If the latter, I would suggest choosing a time for pickup that is at least four hours prior to your flight (if returning direct to the US). And you should plan to exit the ship maybe 20-30 minutes before your pick-up time.

Don't worry too much about the disembarkation process. It has been my experience that you can go to guest services and change your assigned tag color if necessary to facilitate the needed disembarkation time.  Or if you need to disembark first thing, the "walk off" option where you carry your own bags may work for you.

2 hours ago, rjhollan said:

We are staying at the Hilton Rome Airport hotel post cruise.  I booked Rome Cabs for 9:15am.  You usually have to be off the ship by 9:30am.

If flying back home, plan 90 minutes for the drive to airport plus 3 hours at the airport.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted to book Rome Cabs but they are sold out for my date in October from Civitavecchia to Rome. We still have a few months so is it possible the date could open up? Can anyone recommend another company? We would also be booking a transfer from our Rome hotel to FCO a few days later.

Edited by pfopma

15 minutes ago, pfopma said:

I wanted to book Rome Cabs but they are sold out for my date in October from Civitavecchia to Rome. We still have a few months so is it possible the date could open up? Can anyone recommend another company? We would also be booking a transfer from our Rome hotel to FCO a few days later.

Try Romeinlimo.com.  

Hank

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We just returned from Rome in August and used Rome Cabs. It was easy to make a reservation and they were incredibly reliable, both picking up at the cruise port at the end of our cruise, and then picking us up at the hotel on the day we were leaving to fly home. Not so easy to navigate in the city center of Rome, but the drivers were fantastic. Highly recommend them! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2014 at 5:20 PM, Tony O said:

Do you know the cost of the trip ? As from the port of Civitavecchia to Rome is about an hour away, which could be expensive

150 E. I found it was reasonable and they were easy to use and stayed in contact before and during our trip.

• Thanks 1

We used Rome Cabs in August to get from the port to the airport. I found they were very easy to communicate and they sent promptly a confirmation. They also sent another confirmation before our arrival. You always wonder if your ride will be there. This greatly helped us feel secure. Our driver was there waiting for us. He was courteous. The car was spotless. He spoke English well. He shared soccer stories and spoke about Italy to us to keep us entertained. It was a smooth ride to the airport. We would highly recommend and hope to use them again soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mkdvmz said:

Just booked transfer from Rome to Civitavecchia with Rome cabs, current rate is 160 euros

Well, not quite true....

It's 160 euros for 1-2 people.

170 for 3 people.

190 for 4 people.

And so on. 

Prices are clearly listed on their website:   https://www.romecabs.com/transferservice/civitavecchia/#

• 1 month later...

I have used Stefano's RomeCabs 2 or 3 times from Rome to port and also from port to airport.  They are always on time.  Their vehicles are always clean and in wonderful shape. Te drivers are always friendly and very helpful. I thoroughly recommend them.

Marilee

• Like 1

We used Rome Cabs a few years back.  We left a backpack (I know, how dumb) in the car.  Black interior, black bag.  My husband thought I had it.  We were on the ship waiting for our rooms to be ready and I asked DH where the bag was.  He turned white and said I thought you had it.  His wallet was in there.  Went into full panic mode.  DH went off the ship to see if it was turned in meanwhile I called Stephanie.  He said the driver found it in the back seat and handed it to an officer from the ship.  He asked me to call him back when it was recovered.  Such a happy ending to a very stressful time when I saw DH boarding the ship with bag in hand.  I can’t say enough good things about the integrity of this company.  We have transfers and tours booked for next year.