Two cabins, two bathrooms vs. bigger cabin

We are cruising in a few weeks with our two adult children (early 20's). We booked two inside, connecting cabins so we could have two bathrooms. We could change to the Family Oceanview right now for the same price. I think the value of having two bathrooms is far more important with 4 adults. Just curious what others do. BTW, we've stayed the four of us in a Grand Suite before and although we had so much room, the sofa bed and only one bathroom really made it tough.

We just cruised with our three young kids(10, 8, 6) in two separate rooms and I loved it! I don't think I will ever book us all in a suite together even if it was the same price. Having the extra bathroom and the private space was perfect!

I always had two rooms when my kids were at home with us. Sometimes I would get the balcony room and give them the interior room opposite my room they didn't care at all in fact they preferred the darkness so they can sleep late lol I think having two bathrooms is most important.

I loved the family ocean views with myself and 3 young kids. It allowed me to keep an eye on the kids (which I couldn't do in connecting cabins). I don't know with 2 adult children though. The FOV's do have a large living room area which 2 cabins won't give you. There is also a separate sleeping area with 2 bunks in addition to the sofa bed.

We have done it both ways... Family Oceanview room for 5 (2 adults, 2 teens and 1 pre-teen) and 2 connecting balcony rooms (Parents in 1 room, kids in the other) and my experience tells me to advise you that there is no real choice here, if cost does not prohibit it for you--- 2 ROOMS with 2 BATHROOMS and a door to close for some privacy, both theirs and yours. :)

Ours are older now and we are cruising in 2 connecting rooms again in Summer 2015... definitely the way to go, especially with adult children!

Edited by SnappyNappi

I loved the family ocean views with myself and 3 young kids. It allowed me to keep an eye on the kids (which I couldn't do in connecting cabins). I don't know with 2 adult children though. The FOV's do have a large living room area which 2 cabins won't give you. There is also a separate sleeping area with 2 bunks in addition to the sofa bed.

I would just advise caution on the 2 bunks... my son couldn't get comfortable in the bunk - he was 5'10" when we did the Family Oceanview Room.

We have always chosen the two rooms / two bathrooms when our two kids travel with us.

The only other consideration would be if you wanted the double cruise points for the suite and if you wanted the benefits of the suite (for example, concierge lounge w/ free drinks).

Another vote for two rooms.:D

Done both and you cant beat having an actual door to close when the adults want a time out from kids.:)

As for supervision, our rule was their [2 DDs] door stays open and ours will be either open or closed. If it was open, they were welcome to visit. If it was closed we were sleeping.;)

My DH especially enjoyed the 2 bathrooms when the DDs were teenagers...he did not want to have to share that space with 3 women during formal night dinner preparation!

And especially important, as noted above, having an adult listed for each cabin means double the wine!!!

We have always chosen the two rooms / two bathrooms when our two kids travel with us.

The only other consideration would be if you wanted the double cruise points for the suite and if you wanted the benefits of the suite (for example, concierge lounge w/ free drinks).

I don't believe that the Family Oceanview is a suite. That would be the RFS, which has two bathrooms in addition to the suite perks.:)

I also vote for two cabins and two bathrooms.

Obviously I am the odd man out, because we love being together on vacation. It is the close quarters that make for some great memories. We are all on our separate ways during the day and at the close of the day we have great family talks. Might be different if someone snored but we liked the bonding that we otherwise do not get in our regular lives. My vote is do what is best for your family.