More cutbacks on Celebrity?

TeaBag

On Solstice, Honolulu to Vancouver, the Celebrity Today announced that we would have only a 23 hour day today. What's more, tomorrow and the next day will also be just 23 hours long. I can't believe they are now offering shorter days. I thought they were short enough! When will these cutbacks stop? I could be spending that hour at the buffet chowing down each day. I paid for a 10 day cruise and now I find that it is really only 9.875 days. I definitely will have to write Mr Bayley and claim compensation for my missing time. What do y'all think? :)

Edited by YVR cruiser

On Solstice, Honolulu to Vancouver, the Celebrity Today announced that we would have only a 23 hour day today. What's more, tomorrow and the next day will also be just 23 hours long. I can't believe they are now offering shorter days. I thought they were short enough! When will these cutbacks stop? I could be spending that hour at the buffet chowing down each day. I paid for a 10 day cruise and now I find that it is really only 9.875 days. I definitely will have to write Mr Bayley and claim compensation for my missing time. What do y'all think? :)

Cruise in the opposite direction and you will get a few 25 hr days.

No good for your body clock however.

:eek:

Cruise in the opposite direction and you will get a few 25 hr days. No good for your body clock however. :eek:

Funny, interesting posts. Going from England to Copenhagen and Russia in the Baltics loses something like four or five time zones. Lots of changes and shifts during that sailing. Our cruise there in July 2008 did pick up a little of that "lost" time as we sailed back from St. Petersburg to our finish point of Stockholm. We also "lost" time earlier this year sailing from Sydney to Auckland. Should I write Celebrity and seek a refund for that lost time? How long will I wait to get that money back???

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 55,144 views for this fun posting.

I agree with the poster. We have tracked all of our spring TA's and will demand either a free cruise or booking bonus on the returning fall cruises to reclaim our missing time. :rolleyes:

Ha, well don't cruise on Carnival then. Someone told me that Carnival cut out a WHOLE DAY when they took a cruise from Hawaii to Sydney. Outrageous!

Terrible, perhaps a drink will help calm the nerves.:D

Ha, well don't cruise on Carnival then. Someone told me that Carnival cut out a WHOLE DAY when they took a cruise from Hawaii to Sydney. Outrageous!

Not just Carnival, I have had it happen on both X and Princess. I suppose they all play the same money pinching games.:D

Hey, hands off our hours and days! People like you, complaining about "lost" days and hours, will ruin if for all of us that do our research and book the savvy cruises - those where we gain hours and days. If you succeed in getting the "compensation" you consider your right, you know it will be us that has to pay for it. Why does someone always have to spoil everything?:D

Try cruising from Sydney to Honolulu, you get to have the same day twice! :)

Sorry, I didn't have the brains to sail the right way. I lost a day (Honolulu to Sydney on the Mercury) Still looking for compensation on that one too, but since they sold the ship....not sure I'll be getting that one? I do check the mail every day though. It's been 6.5 years now. Have to content myself with it being one of the best cruises to date.

Edited by YVR cruiser

Sorry, I didn't have the brains to sail the right way. I lost a day (Honolulu to Sydney on the Mercury) Still looking for compensation on that one too, but since they sold the ship....not sure I'll be getting that one? I do check the mail every day though. It's been 6.5 years now. Have to content myself with it being one of the best cruises to date.

Just have another drink while you wait for the postman to deliver your compensation cheque. :D

Edited by MicCanberra

Try cruising from Sydney to Honolulu, you get to have the same day twice! :)

Sailing from Yokohama to Pearl Harbor, we crossed the date line on New Years Day. Imagine having to nurse two hangovers, b2b.