Just made Diamond Plus

Hello, just patting ourselves on the back for finally making it to D+. Now just a few questions. We usually sail in a GS for the double points and the extra roominess plus we really enjoy the perks with the gold card ! Now that we are at this level, is it really worth staying in a big suite or are most of the same perks givin to us now that we are D+.i see the biggest difference could be access to Portifino's on Freedom and deck 17 on Allure. Thanks in advance !

Just stopping in to offer congratulations ... sorry I can't answer your question, since I haven't made it yet. I once thought it would be unattainable, but I've discovered that the points really do add up quickly when you sail in a suite, so maybe someday I'll make it too.

Hello, just patting ourselves on the back for finally making it to D+. Now just a few questions. We usually sail in a GS for the double points and the extra roominess plus we really enjoy the perks with the gold card ! Now that we are at this level, is it really worth staying in a big suite or are most of the same perks givin to us now that we are D+.i see the biggest difference could be access to Portifino's on Freedom and deck 17 on Allure. Thanks in advance !

Congratulations on reaching D+!

Although the benefits at D+ are enhanced from D (as listed in the C & A member section), you will not receive a Gold card or all the suite related benefits. You will have access to the Concierge Lounge (in addition to the Diamond Club) and reserved seating at the theaters, however. You also will have a higher balcony discount.

Aside from what you mention, also excluded would be access to Barefoot Beach and those Cabanas at Labadee. You will also not have access to the reserved pool seating on the other RCI ships in addition to Allure/Oasis providing that.

Enjoy your new tier!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Congrats & welcome to the club. Someone will show you the "secret handshake" on your first cruise as a D+.

As far as amenities - it depends on what is important to you and how you cruise. You are the only one who can make that call.

Make sure you go into your C&A profile as you now each get an additional welcome aboard amenity - including wine if that interests you.

Now that we are at this level, is it really worth staying in a big suite or are most of the same perks givin to us now that we are D+.i see the biggest difference could be access to Portifino's on Freedom and deck 17 on Allure. Thanks in advance !

Congratulations on D+! :D We don't seem to think that the GS and above perks are really worth it, unless the price is really great.

That bar is just useless. It was useful and wonderful back when you were allowed to purchase bottles and bring them back to your stateroom. It was fun to have friends over too. It seems like the space is wasted...and we just chuck day things on the bar, and with no more complimentary slippers, you have to walk across the cold tile to get to the closet. :rolleyes:

So in other words, we think a JS or balcony is sufficient. :D:) And since I can no longer smoke on the balcony....an ocean view might even be sufficient. :rolleyes::D

Congrats on making D+. RCI suite perks are not that great. They pale compared to that of other lines other than Carnival has weaker suite perks. Go with the D+ perks.

Edited by cruisingator2

Agree with many of you...the D+ benefits are enough for us..we prefer the JS also..no need for that useless bar area and the narrow access it creates to the closet.

You sound like a GS type cruiser, otherwise if the double points was the only perk you wanted you would have settled for a JS . Ibn your post you said you liked the extra roominess and the gold card perks. sounds like you answered your own question. If you have the means , why change now. JMO

Kind of depends on the ship and the itinerary. The GS perks on Labadee are certainly wonderful. About the only perks you miss as a D+ is the Gold Card deck and the private beach on Labadee or Coco Cay. But on smaller ships (Vision class) the Gold card breakfast area is also very nice.

What you need to do is cruise on Oasis or Allure. The Concierge Lounge is spectacular. They serve breakfast, lunch, and happy hour in there. Very nice. One of the best D+ perks around.

We enjoy the option of the Concierge Lounge. Generally less crowded.

Enjoy D+. But by all means do Oasis or Allure.

Congrats! We are one more cruise away from D+. Have made it this far in suites. We get to cruise once and only sometimes twice a year. Will stick with the suites. If we had time to cruise more, then would do as others suggest and JS it with the D+ perks. Looking forward to our second piano ;)

My take on the question is certainly a different one than most of the replies.

Perks have never been a consideration for me when booking a Suite. I book it for the room. I would still book it if there would be no Gold Card, CL, etc. Actually I have booked suites before all of this. Not saying I can´t survive in a regular balcony or JS, but if possible it will be a GS for this single/solo/alone (sorry another thread;)) cruiser.

I simply want a decent sized room. I don´t live in a closet at home and a vacation should be some Special time in the year, so why should I have much worse living quaters?

BTW no congrats from me to D+ for the OP. I don´t see any C&A Level as an achievement. I don´t cruise for Status Level or cruisepoints. I cruise to have a good time, visit nice places, have a Relaxing´vacation time to be ready for a stressful Job again. If there´s some perks or Points or Levels are thrown at me for doing this - fine. But that´s not the reason for me to cruise.

Well I'll add my congrats though as we've just made D+ having just returned from our Adventure TA only 7 days ago. Thanks for the reminder about amenities, must go and update our preferences.

To be honest, the only concierge lounge I'd be interested in, would be on Allure or Oasis, the ones on Freedom or Voyager class are inferior venues IMHO to the Diamond Lounges that are located on deck 14 in the Viking Crown with great sea views. Not a 'cupboard' on deck 9 with no windows which is what I found the concierge lounge to be on Adventure (first time allowed in as we were in a suite).

And rest assured I won't be one of those insufferable D+ guests who make assumptions that everyone trying to get into the concierge lounge isn't allowed as happened to me on the TA. My card was giving me problems opening the door to the concierge lounge and this lady said "Only certain guests are allowed in this lounge" as she flashed her blue Seapass card at me pointing out where it said Diamond plus, "I know I am allowed" as I flashed my gold coloured Seapass card at her "I'm in a suite". That shut her up.

Ahhh Pete reminded me of what was mising from this thread so far.

Nobody has pointed out yet, how D+ will be thrown out of the CL soon and from there on it will be Suite and P only.;)

My thoughts only:D

Totally agree with the above!

Followed by the natural progression of D's being thrown out of the DL leaving it for D+ only, who will also receive three drink vouchers to be used as/when required at any time.

The D's will receive vouchers based on the number of points achieved, being 1 voucher for zero to 58 points, then 1 voucher for each additional 58 points.

Let the flaming begin!

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Ahhh Pete reminded me of what was mising from this thread so far.

Nobody has pointed out yet, how D+ will be thrown out of the CL soon and from there on it will be Suite and P only.;)

No problem to me, as I said the Diamond Club (not lounge as it says 'Club' on the plaque on the wall on many ships) is far superior on Freedom & Voyager class ships which are primarily the class of ships we sail on. Even on Radiance class the Diamond Club has a good view from the Viking Crown and the sliding door opening onto the rest of the Viking Crown makes it great when the number of guests in the lounge exceeds its capacity. This is something that cannot be done to the concierge lounge on Voyager and Freedom class ships when there are too many of the 'entitled' people trying to cram into the 'cupboard'.

As long as Suite and Pinnacle guests can't use the Diamond Clubs and have to stay in the Concierge Lounge, fine by me especially after experiencing the awful attitude of a very small minority of Pinnacles on the recent TA, I don't want to be in the same lounge as them. I may have only been Diamond back then (oh only just over 6 days ago), but on that cruise I had as much right as them to be in the Concierge lounge as I was in a suite (they were not btw) so to have the bad manners to suggest we were the source of the overcrowding as we were 'only' Diamond and so it was our fault was down right rude. Needless to say I never spoke to them again.

As I say it was a very small minority of Pinnacle cruisers who had this attitude, the others we met were fantastic, but I'm sure they'll be glad when Diamond Plus guests are relegated to the Diamond Club (that's surely why ships have had these added).

I also reckon that Diamond members will not be allowed in the Diamond Club either during the cocktail hour and the recent trials of uploading 3 free drinks 'coupons' in their Seapass cards to enjoy at any bar of their choosing between the hours of 5:30 - 8:30 pm. Can't wait for the outcry this will cause.

To be honest, even 3 drink coupons as D+ to enjoy where I want would make me happy.

I don't need to camp out in any lounge from 4:30 pm watching the clock and tutting until the servers bring me a free drink at 4:55 pm to stop the dirty looks, and then feel the need to consume so much that I'm incapable of berating the Diamond concierge because I'm so inebriated at 7:30pm! Trust me, I witnessed this on Adventure and I was ashamed to say they come from the same area of the UK as me. BTW you can imagine the dirty looks I got in the Concierge lounge before 5pm from these people because I was dressed in shorts as I went for my coffee!

Oh, and another vote for the Diamond Club over the concierge 'cupboard', on Voyager and Freedom class, they have great outdoor seating which I will take full advantage of during my first full 7 day sailing in the Med on Liberty later this year as Diamond Plus.

Edited by peteukmcr