What cabin class do you "usually" book

ghstudio

What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)  

410 members have voted

1. 1. What cabin class did you book for your next cruise (or last cruise if nothing booked)

• Suite
    • Aqua Class
    • Concierge Class
    • Veranda
    • Outside
    • Inside
    • Haven't booked or sailed with Celebrity yet

I've been seeing more and more postings from folks who book suites....and I'm somewhat curious what mix of folks we have active on Cruise Critic. Just sort of confirming that we have a broad cross section as we discuss topics rather than a strong bias from one area. If in doubt, post the cabin you have booked on your next cruise, or if you don't have one booked, indicate the cabin type you had on your last cruise.

We typically book veranda cabins but did do a S1 on our last cruise - we don't cruise that often so might book a higher level suite next go round. We used to do concierge before the credits changed but now it doesn't have the same benefit. All in all - if I have a balcony, I am content. I've seen insides on a cabin crawl and for ME - I couldn't do it - I'd feel trapped and lost without daylight.

:D Ditto to the previous post. Sometimes a suite for very special occasions. I am mildly claustrophobic, so my aversion to insides has nothing to do with "Status"; I completely understand and agree with those who book an inside because they only sleep/shower there.

For someone like me who only gets balconies, Celebrity does a very good job getting me to upgrade a bit with their Concierge and Aqua class cabins.

Like the amenities of these two classes and the extra Captain Club points.

I've been seeing more and more postings from folks who book suites....and I'm somewhat curious what mix of folks we have active on Cruise Critic. Just sort of confirming that we have a broad cross section as we discuss topics rather than a strong bias from one area. If in doubt, post the cabin you have booked on your next cruise, or if you don't have one booked, indicate the cabin type you had on your last cruise.

Wife and I are rarely in the room so we initially Book an inside. I then am proactive on looking for upgrades,if I'm successful, great, if not, no big deal.

We always book ocean view cabins. We prefer the space to be inside the cabin in lieu of on a balcony. We don't spend any time in the cabin anyway. We prefer to sit in a bar or other places rather than sit on the balcony. Then we can watch people and if they want, they can watch us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

When I initially started cruising, being on the ship was all that mattered! My first ever cruise was a 92 day b2b2b2b2b...ect cruise through the Med, repositioning through Caribbean, Panama Canal, pacific coastal and 1st week in Alaska in a OV cabin on HAL. I was 25, sailing solo, and burning through vacation and comp days at work before grad school. For several years after, the cruising bug kept me cruising every chance I had on any line that had a great deal.

Now, 10 years later and at this point in my career, there is NO WAY I even get close to using my allotted vacation days because I just cannot afford that much time away from the office. So, only cruising 3 or so times a year, I sail exclusively in suites (CS and RS, not PH yet!). If and when I get to a point that my location can run completely without me for an extended period of time, I may need to go back to AQ so I can cruise as long as I can. Until then, the suite life it is...

Wife and I are rarely in the room so we initially Book an inside. I then am proactive on looking for upgrades,if I'm successful, great, if not, no big deal.

This describes us as well.

For special occasions we'll book a higher cabin.

I just book whatever I can afford at the time. I splurged on an Aqua Class one time and Blu and the spa made it so worth it. However, yikes on the prices for AQ for my next cruise.

One of my favorite cruises on Celebrity was on an inside cabin on the Infinity, another was a family oceanview on the Mercury and the best ever was on a hump concierge class on the Equinox. So, all over the board....except for a suite. I might be ruined if I ever got one. :D

First, let me state that we are not "Cabin People" -- inside cabins are fine with us. Having said that, we always start out in an inside cabin, on only work up to higher levels if the price is right. We have cruised in insides, outsides, verandas, sunset verandas, Aqua Class, and even one mini-suite.

We have eight cruises booked, and the main reason our budget will support that -- inside cabins.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Out of 10 cruises, we have booked 6 insides, 3 balconies and 1 minisuite. I do like the balconies, but usually I base it on good pricing. We have loved all our cruises and would love to do a suite one day. But some of the insides have been great, very roomy and well designed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Checked my cruise history and CC is the most often, but for the next month of cruises and the last 3 of five weeks it was sky's and AQ....

Blu is costing me a fortune!

(and loving it! ) :p

5635292.jpg

no suite

no aqua

no vote

the rest is a mix depending on ports, deal, +other vacations

best cabin to date veranda on hump s-class

no problem with inside or ocean view

cabin category doesn't matter

location does

jls

Edited by JLSPOOL

My very first cruise in the early 80's was in an inside cabin.. The next cruise was not until the 2000's then went to an oceanview after that cruise went to a balcony cabin, then to mini-suite. Then to CC until this upcoming cruise where I will be sailing in AQ 1140, by sheer luck as had an aft CC booked and saw the cabin 1140 open up and with senior discount (never thought I would appreciate turning 55!) was at a lower price than had paid for the C1 Aft.

Looking forward to trying Blu and having access to the spa amenities! Hopefully I won't be too spoiled and have a difficult time going back to regular balcony cabins as my next cruise I have on my list is through the Panama Canal.

We've mostly sailed in Sky Suites, but some plain old Verandah cabins, too! Our first Concierge Cabin will be coming up -- but we booked it for its aft location, not for the Concierge perks. Never tried Aqua (but, intigued by Blu). Can't do inside cabins -- I get claustrophobic, just looking at them on cabin crawls! :eek:

Our preference is balcony to be able to get fresh air in the cabin and enjoy the sound of the sea.

But if the budget means an ocean view or an inside is required to make the cruise happen then happy to take those too - would rather be in an inside cabin than no cabin at all! Out of 45 cruises 2 have been an inside, 5 ocean view and the rest balcony.

I start out looking at the price for an inside as just getting on a ship is our main priority. Once I have established possible itineraries and ships that fit in with our plans and my current work situation I then compare the extra costs of cabin upgrades and the perks that come with them. So far we have ended in balconies for not much greater price than the original inside cost. The only exception to that was our Panama Canal cruise on Norwegian Star last year. The balcony was $1399 while an inside was as low as $699 from memory. That was my bucket list cruise and so I wanted every chance to soak up the views.

The great thing I have found out is that the people who have different choices and comfort (also obviously income) levels have treated me with the same friendliness and respect. I have met some great people who have been sailing in some of the more expensive suites and similarly in the cheapest inside cabins. Might just be me but I have never had the impression that their attitude changed once they knew what your situation was.

Like ways I have never found issue with the extras they get from their perks.

Also as far as sectioned off areas if it does happen I am sure the ships are big enough for me to find plenty of space and entertainment as well as plenty of friendly people who will roam the "common" areas.

Edited by woodyren