Is Carnival Falling Behind?

stevenr597

Exhibit 1 Sunshine

I rest my case Your Honor :D :D

Yes they are. CCL newer ship are not that much smaller then NCL new ships. Just NCL has a lot more going on on there ships. 2.0 upgrades are a joke. Hamburger with different toppings WOW. Another bar WOW. There prices are lower than the other cruise lines YES it's a cruise YES are you getting less YES. I know that ok with some prople. But still the facts are the facts. They are falling behind. Like the sunshine. Reduce a 20 year old ship and used for another 20 years. You don't do that to your car. But that can do it with there ships.

Are they at least advertising the Carnival Sunshine as a refurbished ship, or are they still marketing it as a "brand new" ship? I haven't checked.

Are they at least advertising the Carnival Sunshine as a refurbished ship, or are they still marketing it as a "brand new" ship? I haven't checked.

May not want to check royals website because all of their refurb ships have the label new. Shame on them.

Edited by kybluecruiser

JH actually just posted on Facebook that he did not delete anything about Freedom and if you were on the ship and had a problem to write to him and he will help.

No. Mischelle and Mary do that for him. JH has little control of that page other than his name being in the title. Do you really think that it's his personal page? Really?

the new is next to the line of recent upgrades on some ships. Doesn't say the ship is new at all. Get your facts straight

Well bless your heart!!!!! I know what i saw but this whole thread seems to be fact optional. So glad to see a royal cheerleader. Especially on the carnival boards. You must feel special.

Edited by kybluecruiser

No. Mischelle and Mary do that for him. JH has little control of that page other than his name being in the title. Do you really think that it's his personal page? Really?

you are so deluded. So you are saying that these ladies whoever they are write his page -and all the answers are not done by John? LOL LOL

you are so deluded. So you are saying that these ladies whoever they are write his page -and all the answers are not done by John? LOL LOL

Clearly you know nothing about Carnival's social media program. Drink up Alan. The Kool Aid's fine today.

But the Fantasy class ships are the work horses for the 3 and 4 day cruises, which are very profitable. I doubt they go anywhere.

They are also the reason Carnival has an overcapacity of cabins to sell. Reduce capacity and they can charge more. If they can charge more, they can upgrade their offerings. It reverses the trajectory of cutbacks that they are on now. But if all you want is cheap, then they can just stay the course and they fall farther behind the competition.

Clearly you know nothing about Carnival's social media program. Drink up Alan. The Kool Aid's fine today.

No I don't know anything, except that John has 53,000 members and keeps them all entertained and helps them all and you think its not him. The Kool aid joke again, how can I ever stop laughing. You and Pine Bluff,made for each other and maybe are each other.

No I don't know anything, except that John has 53,000 members and keeps them all entertained and helps them all and you think its not him. The Kool aid joke again, how can I ever stop laughing. You and Pine Bluff,made for each other and maybe are each other.

Sometimes, it isn't him, Alan. If it says "-Mischelle" or "-Mary" or "from the beards," it isn't him. The Facebook page John Heald is simply a page. It isn't a profile, it is a fan page. John Heald, as well as Mary, Mischelle Beattie and others on the social media team are just moderators on his fan page. You're able to respond to and post as the fan page instead of your real profile.

Point being, it is not always him making posts. It usually is, but not always.

Edited by Disconnections

It has nothing to do with the "biggest ship" game. NCL for example hasn't built anything close to the size of Oasis/Allure, yet find better use for open/wasted space by adding venues and amenities that guest enjoy. Entertainment is another example, NCL and RCI are adding big name entertainment to their ships (Blue Man Group, etc...) while Carnival is cutting back. For example Carnival has went from having a full show band, to using piped in music from recordings on newer ships, from quality entertainment to adding game shows. I pay a cruise line to entertain me, not have other guest provide it in the form of the main show for a particular night. In regards to entertainment, Carnival used to always lead the way, now imho the only edge they have is the comedy club. I much prefers Carnival's comedy club over NCL's Second City Comedy but thats the only thing Carnival has an edge in...the rest has been nothing but a degrading of the product all to save a dollar.

This argument certainly is getting old; while Carnival switched to playlist productions and I prefer the old shows, their entertainment isn't as bad as some would like to portray. With the Carnival Live concert series, live music throughout the ship, and other future options their entertainment is anything but nonexistent; and the ''guest entertainment'' (Hasbro Game Show) is optional and fun as it gets families involved.

They are also the reason Carnival has an overcapacity of cabins to sell. Reduce capacity and they can charge more. If they can charge more, they can upgrade their offerings. It reverses the trajectory of cutbacks that they are on now. But if all you want is cheap, then they can just stay the course and they fall farther behind the competition.

This statement is wrong on so many levels...... good thing your not at the helm. (NPI)

Edited by cjknox

This argument certainly is getting old; while Carnival switched to playlist productions and I prefer the old shows, their entertainment isn't as bad as some would like to portray. With the Carnival Live concert series, live music throughout the ship, and other future options their entertainment is anything but nonexistent; and the ''guest entertainment'' (Hasbro Game Show) is optional and fun as it gets families involved.

I'll take Blue Man Group and other big name headlining event over what CCL is offering any day. You can't honestly believe CCL's entertainment even comes close to matching what any of the other lines are currently offering. As for Carnival Live, you have to pay for that where as on NCL the big name nightly shows are included in the cruise fare.

Edited by Hendricks Clan

Well bless your heart!!!!! I know what i saw but this whole thread seems to be fact optional. So glad to see a royal cheerleader. Especially on the carnival boards. You must feel special.

Cheerleader?

I go on plenty of Carnival cruises. Check my sig (facts)

Edited by SeaUs

It has nothing to do with the "biggest ship" game. NCL for example hasn't built anything close to the size of Oasis/Allure, yet find better use for open/wasted space by adding venues and amenities that guest enjoy. Entertainment is another example, NCL and RCI are adding big name entertainment to their ships (Blue Man Group, etc...) while Carnival is cutting back. For example Carnival has went from having a full show band, to using piped in music from recordings on newer ships, from quality entertainment to adding game shows. I pay a cruise line to entertain me, not have other guest provide it in the form of the main show for a particular night. In regards to entertainment, Carnival used to always lead the way, now imho the only edge they have is the comedy club. I much prefers Carnival's comedy club over NCL's Second City Comedy but thats the only thing Carnival has an edge in...the rest has been nothing but a degrading of the product all to save a dollar.

I disagree. NCL's product is nearly identical to Carnival's, with the only difference being the larger selection of restaurants on NCl. On the other side, Carnival's kids' program is better than NCL's.

In the meantime I haven't noticed a decline in product quality on Carnival, nor a lack of activities or innovation. In fact our B2B on Victory last year were among the best we've ever taken in 10 cruises on Carnival over the past 9 years.

Edited by gtalum

Fair point in regards to JR and Guys. I never had the free burger on my Allure cruise but did eat in JR twice. I do think NCL has the edge when it comes to free alternative dinning though. You simply can't beat the Blue Lagoon and O'Sheehans.

Im just glad we all have options. I for one got tired of what I view IMHO as the cheapening of the Carnival brand and decided to spend my vacation dollars else where. I'm glad I had that option as I fell in love with NCL. Now, if Carnival decided to as someone has mentioned going back to basic, to the things they were known for prior to lets say 2011 when a lot of these changes began to take place, they would get some (not all) of my business again.

Choices are great and there's a line for everyone!

I agree on all counts. While I have never sailed NCL I did tour the Breakaway in New York when she first came in. All of the restaurant choices were appealing. The one weird thing with that ship is no elevators mid ship only front and aft.

These posts are comical at best. Falling behind? Maybe, but I could care less. Give me some cold beers, a nice pool, a couple slides, a few dinning options, and a price no one can compare with. I could cruise any line I desire, but I would rather cruise 25 days a year with Carnival than 7 days with Disney. I don't need or want Blue Man Group, zip lines, rock walls, sky rides, ext. We love Carnival! Good food, good people, great value! And Carnival goes to more ports than any other line! If you don't like Carnival please just get off this message board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't be silly, of course carnival is innovative. Some of the ship have a hamburger stand, and let's not forget meatloaf. And one night the main entertainment is supplied by the passensers. Who else does that?

Edited by joeyancho

Well, I for one dont want a huge ship. I like the size of the carnival ships. I hope Carnival does not go to all huge ships. Not for me.

Why would you need bumper cars on a ship? You can do that at home..

Why would you want a carousel? ... I dont know... I just dont get it.

Wouldn't you know it, my local bumper car track just closed. ;).I don't know where you live but I don't have bumper cars near me. Not that I would use them anyway, but maybe someone with children might like the option.

And in the same vein, why would you need a rope course on a ship? You don't but it doesn't mean somebody else might like to have it.