Reflection lawn

Liv

Hello

Will be sailing on Reflection in about 6 weeks -can't wait :)

Some questions:

The large lawn area between the funnels, is it open to everyone like on the other Solstice ships (except Silhouette)? Or do you have to rent a cabana to use it?

Is it a cover charge for the Porch? Some says it is, and some don't.

And, what about the observation lounge. Since it is smaller, is it crowded? Does it feel too small? Is there a band up here each night, or is it a mix of band / DJ?

Hi!

The lawn area is open to all. There was a $5 cover charge (now $7) for the Porch when I sailed on the Silhouette in January. This was a great area for lunch and we were there quite a bit. Breakfast was hit or miss on my sailings. The observation lounge got pretty full during the CC event, but otherwise seemed adequate during my sailings. A band and DJ were both present on different nights.

HTH

Bruce

Edited by flyingv4me
price increase at the Porch

Hi!

The lawn area is open to all. There was a $5 cover charge (now $7) for the Porch when I sailed on the Silhouette in January. This was a great area for lunch and we were there quite a bit. Breakfast was hit or miss on my sailings. The observation lounge got pretty full during the CC event, but otherwise seemed adequate during my sailings. A band and DJ were both present on different nights.

HTH

Bruce

Agree, The Porch was a great area for lunch.....food good and awesome views:)

:confused:Sorry, our upcoming cruise in Nov. on the Equinox will be the 1st time we cruised on X...so I am not sure what exactly is 'the Lawn' area? I have seen photos....but what is out there besides real grass? A bar....dining...putt-putt golf....what?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

:confused:Sorry, our upcoming cruise in Nov. on the Equinox will be the 1st time we cruised on X...so I am not sure what exactly is 'the Lawn' area? I have seen photos....but what is out there besides real grass? A bar....dining...putt-putt golf....what?

Hi, The Lawn is grass:)...what is out there? All the way aft is the

Sunset Bar with chairs and tables, both portside and starboard.

You can also play Bocci Ball on the lawn. In the middle (going forward

from the bar) is an area that has a Glass Blowing Area....with seats

for the shows. Check your daily for showtimes. If you have never

seen it I would suggest going at least once. It is really neat to see

the glass blowing process and how they make different things.:)

Equinox has the Glass Blowing....Reflection has a restaurant in that

spot.

Wishing you a great cruise:)

Edited by Lois R

Mona, we are going to have such a wonderful time breaking in a newbe to Celebrity in 170 days!

On the Equinox the Lawn will be more like your back yard at home, unless you book a Cabana for a day, then we will request becoming another of your new best friends:D

See ya back on the Roll Call.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Was on the Reflection in March. The small patches of lawn on either side of the Sunset bar had many brown patches and not fun to walk on. The part in the middle with the cabanas was always closed off to the "public" with only those playing the organized bocci ball games allowed on it. The lawn isn't a big deal.

Was on the Reflection in March. The small patches of lawn on either side of the Sunset bar had many brown patches and not fun to walk on. The part in the middle with the cabanas was always closed off to the "public" with only those playing the organized bocci ball games allowed on it. The lawn isn't a big deal.

Thank you all. So they didn't have "Wine and cheese on the lawn"-events there? I've been on it on Equinox and Eclipse and it was a beautiful happening in the sunset.

Thank you all. So they didn't have "Wine and cheese on the lawn"-events there? I've been on it on Equinox and Eclipse and it was a beautiful happening in the sunset.

On the April 26 Reflection TA, we had "Party in the Park" - an afternoon concert with all the singers/bands mixing and matching to sing. It was lots of fun.

Also had "Sangria (we were in Barcelona), Wine and Cheese on the Lawn" one night with the solo guitarist. We didn't go this time, but enjoyed it on another cruise. Cheese free, though fee for sangria/wine (unless you have a package).

That's funny. I was on Reflection the last week of February and don't recall seeing any brown patches on the lawn areas adjacent to the Sunset Bar, and the middle part with the alcoves was NOT closed off to the public at all. It was wide open the entire time.

There was an evening event up there at least one night on our sailing with music. Not sure if it was dubbed a wine and cheese or what

It is just a novelty that doesn't really add much but is there like any other open space that is needed and looks nicer than a open vacant open deck. They may have a wine and cheese sail away or music under the stars but the departments don't seem to coordinate with each-other. One evening about 30 minutes before the wine and cheese a worker was watering the lawn. Not very smart to do that when people will be sitting on blankets.

Another night was a sail away at 5 with wine and chees on the lawn and it was a formal night. Plus what is the purpose of having it on the lawn when everyone is standing along the rail watching the ship pull away from the port.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

It is just a novelty that doesn't really add much but is there like any other open space that is needed and looks nicer than a open vacant open deck. They may have a wine and cheese sail away or music under the stars but the departments don't seem to coordinate with each-other.

Just off Silhouette in early March which was my first cruise on an S-class ship. Have to agree with this poster on the lawn. It looked like that they had re-sodded large segments of it and other parts were off limits to "rest".

Just don't see the appeal except for the cabanas which appear to be X's answer to Princess's extra fee area, Solarium or something with an S. It's a wasted space concept, one they could easily eliminate.

Sue

Just off Silhouette in early March which was my first cruise on an S-class ship. Have to agree with this poster on the lawn. It looked like that they had re-sodded large segments of it and other parts were off limits to "rest".

Just don't see the appeal except for the cabanas which appear to be X's answer to Princess's extra fee area, Solarium or something with an S. It's a wasted space concept, one they could easily eliminate.

Sue

Hey, it's OK that you don't like the lawn. Just don't go there then. Find some other place you like. I don't frequent a lot of the bars, but I'm not going to suggest that Celebrity not have them. I know others enjoy them. Some of us enjoy the lawn. I like that we have choices.

That's funny. I was on Reflection the last week of February and don't recall seeing any brown patches on the lawn areas adjacent to the Sunset Bar, and the middle part with the alcoves was NOT closed off to the public at all. It was wide open the entire time.

There was an evening event up there at least one night on our sailing with music. Not sure if it was dubbed a wine and cheese or what

Same here the last week of March. The sun bathers seemed to love the lawn. I have seen them close sections for a couple of days to re-sod or aerate but not for the whole cruise and not on our last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Big_G