Checking into hotel after cruise?

Lorrith

If you disembark at 7:30 and can't check into your hotel till 3:00, what do you normally do? We will be in Seattle and plan on booking our hotel at the Sleep Inn Seatac in September

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you disembark at 7:30 and can't check into your hotel till 3:00, what do you normally do? We will be in Seattle and plan on booking our hotel at the Sleep Inn Seatac in September

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lock your luggage ask them to hold on to it while you visit Take only what you need to for the day ...most hotels do that

We go to the hotel - request early check-in. We also take a small gift for front desk staff (gifts vary from candy, tshirts from some place we have visited, ties, makeup) depending on the staff. Sometimes we need to wait a bit but not that long, maybe an hour ... much prefer to check in vs leaving luggage in hotel luggage storage. We have done this all over the world.

A few times when we did not want to wait for our room, we booked for the day before. We told the hotel we would not be arriving until early the next morning but because we had paid for the day before, our room was waiting for us when we arrived. Of course, that added expense but it sometimes was worth it to us.

IF you do that, be certain to tell the hotel what you are doing so they don't call you a no show.

A few times when we did not want to wait for our room, we booked for the day before. We told the hotel we would not be arriving until early the next morning but because we had paid for the day before, our room was waiting for us when we arrived. Of course, that added expense but it sometimes was worth it to us.

IF you do that, be certain to tell the hotel what you are doing so they don't call you a no show.

This is ingenious! I never thought to do this!

This is ingenious! I never thought to do this!

It worked particularly wonderfully for us when taking overnight flights transatlantic. When we arrived in Europe, we did not want to wait many hours for our hotel room.

Each time we did it, we were immediately taken to our room. :)

This is an awesome idea!

You can ask to be in the last group to get off the ship. One thing to know about Seattle is that the airport is not in Seattle but nearer to Tacoma, so it may take a while to get there. When you get to your hotel, you can ask if your room is ready -- it could be. If not, ask if you can leave your bags at the front desk while you go get lunch.

We are arriving in London at 7.30am later this year. I have emailed the hotel and asked what would be the earliest time we can check in and have been asked to email a couple of weeks before hand and they will arrange an early check in. No harm in asking and we are really pleased that after a 28 hour journey we will be able to check in immediately.

We are arriving in London at 7.30am later this year. I have emailed the hotel and asked what would be the earliest time we can check in and have been asked to email a couple of weeks before hand and they will arrange an early check in. No harm in asking and we are really pleased that after a 28 hour journey we will be able to check in immediately.

Flying to London from JFK - we always take a day flight, arriving Heathrow in the evening and check in immediately at an airport hotel, grab supper, and sleep of the flight first thing. But in any case every hotel will take your luggage until your room is ready, letting you do some touring for the few hours.

I wanted to hug and kiss the desk clerk at the Los Angeles Best Western we use when we arrived after a 14 hour red eye from Sydney Australia. We stayed there before the cruise, too, and mentioned our plans for our return. He had our room ready. I was so grateful.

snip..As for early check in, I find that being proactive and contacting the hotel in advance with the request has always worked well for me.snip

I email the hotel in advance, sometimes many months, and explain what time our flight/ship is arriving and would it be possible to have an early check in. Quite often they say they can´t guarantee it but it seems to work.

Sandy in Spain

Edited by t60

when we arrived after a night flight early in the morning, after asking if it was possible to check in early, they said that there might be an additional cost for early checkin($50.) which was fine with us:D

Lorrith ~ if you disembark later, by the time you get to the hotel, there could be a chance they could check you in early. If they can't, as many have mentioned, they'll be happy to hold your luggage for you. You can always call them to discuss the options. That way you'll know long before you arrive.