What does the future hold for Azamara

baytraller

Do I see a pattern? Every time there's a program change that dissatisfies some in the community the topic of survival comes back to the top of the list.

Be assured, as I am from my conversations with Larry this week, that Azamara Club Cruises is stronger than ever. Here are some facts:

We have hit or exceeded budget in each quarter.

We have the best occupancy in the company's history.

We continue to have excellent guest scores in rating the crew and product.

Our repeat guest numbers have never been higher.

Our advanced bookings for 2015 are the best we have ever seen.

You, our cruise critic readers voted us the best ships in the small category several years in a row.

Hopefully you will do so again next year!

Bonnie

Oceania and Regent both owned by parent company - Prestige Cruises have been sold to Norwegian Cruise Lines - thereby enabling the latter to join the "luxurious" cruise market.

NCL with its associate company Star Cruises Limited, are now owned by Genting Hong Kong Limited, the latter changing its name in November 2009.

So where does this leave Oceania possibly wishing to take over the old Renaissance ships of Azamara?

Master Echo

Do I see a pattern? Every time there's a program change that dissatisfies some in the community the topic of survival comes back to the top of the list.

Be assured, as I am from my conversations with Larry this week, that Azamara Club Cruises is stronger than ever. Here are some facts:

You, our cruise critic readers voted us the best ships in the small category several years in a row.

Bonnie

Rest assured Bonnie, the Ships will always get a good score provided their current standards don't slip. However there is a risk that the recent changes to the LCV benefits may impact on that score as far as I'm concerned!

Rest assured Bonnie, the Ships will always get a good score provided their current standards don't slip. However there is a risk that the recent changes to the LCV benefits may impact on that score as far as I'm concerned!

I think there may also be an impact on repeat cruisers as some will drift back to Celebrity

Bonnie

Not trying to be argumentative here, but at least in this community (who are avid cruisers and Azamara loyalists, for the most part) I don't think you can really say that the changes dissatisfy "some" people. It's been an almost unanimous "thumbs down." And I think it's more than dissatisfaction; it's a feeling of being un-valued. If we can afford Azamara's prices, I think that most can afford some laundry or internet. But the new program is really smoke and mirrors and most here will see no benefit, just removal of some simple perks that were more a token of appreciation of our patronage than a huge monetary savings. The crew is what sets Azamara apart from other cruiselines and as long as the on board experience continues to be as good (and prices don't rise even more), I think Azamara will be ok. (But I wonder how much of the advanced bookings for 2015 are the result of the charters...and 2016 too!)

Bonnie

Advanced bookings for 2015 may currently be very high - based partially on prior loyalty expectations. I doubt that this dubious announcement will cause many people to cancel early 2015 reservations, since many of the cruisers will have non-refundable air and other costs. But, I would certainly expect a hit to late 2015 and 2016 reservations due to Azamara's cavalier attitude concerning customer loyalty.

In addition, many cruisers have not even received a copy of this announcement. We haven't as of yet. The only way that we were aware of it was thru Cruise Critic. That may result in cruisers being faced with the loyalty takeaways when they actually cruise in 2015. I wonder what their reactions will be.:eek:

Advanced bookings for 2015 may currently be very high - based partially on prior loyalty expectations. I doubt that this dubious announcement will cause many people to cancel early 2015 reservations, since many of the cruisers will have non-refundable air and other costs. But, I would certainly expect a hit to late 2015 and 2016 reservations due to Azamara's cavalier attitude concerning customer loyalty.

In addition, many cruisers have not even received a copy of this announcement. We haven't as of yet. The only way that we were aware of it was thru Cruise Critic. That may result in cruisers being faced with the loyalty takeaways when they actually cruise in 2015. I wonder what their reactions will be.:eek:

I think that you are right about the 2015 bookings. Plus Azamara has some charter cruises. Ship I see that Azamara has some interline rates too. That helps fill the ships.

Then there is another question. Do all PAX know about the changes. Maybe they don't read their mail, or did not receive it.

Edited by geocruiser

We just returned home from the 12 night Black Sea cruise of Azamara Quest which ended September 1st in Istanbul – nobody told us onboard the details of the new program. We were told "exciting changes will come shortly". So we did not expect less perks we really can use.

We had a most wonderful time on board – but we do not like the new program.

I had hoped Azamara would one day offer “all internet included” as we were told Azamara wants to make its ships “paperless”.

For me to cut the free internet perk is a move in the opposite direction.

On our cruise on Quest the wifi was so bad, our tablet (which really works everywhere all over the world and did so last year on Journey) had no connection in our cabin on deck 7.

We were told wifi works in public areas, in some cabins it may not work. I guess with more and more devices being used their system is stretched to its limits.

And I expect not only the loyalty program may be affected by some top management decisions.

If my information is correct starting this September just after our cruise the housekeeping staff has 30% more cabins to attend to per person – this has to affect the Azamara cruise experience for all passengers.

With so many cruises in 2015 at key holiday dates on charter (and with Quest the ship we would favour!) in our opinion Azamara is no longer a cruise line with two ships. It is for us down to 1.5 ships at best!

So our doubts are: what other changes will come and will we ever have the same great onboard experience again.

Why do you think this is so? I am not so sure that the continuing debate on the subject of AZ's survival can be written off as reaction to change. Many in the community are vested in AZ (including us) and are genuinely concerned and puzzled by recent decisions - the relocation of the reservation centre to Guatemala, the priority placed on charters, and the disaster of the LCV program. And then you add poor communication to the mix...

We just returned home from the 12 night Black Sea cruise of Azamara Quest which ended September 1st in Istanbul – nobody told us onboard the details of the new program. We were told "exciting changes will come shortly". So we did not expect less perks we really can use.

We had a most wonderful time on board – but we do not like the new program.

I had hoped Azamara would one day offer “all internet included” as we were told Azamara wants to make its ships “paperless”.

For me to cut the free internet perk is a move in the opposite direction.

On our cruise on Quest the wifi was so bad, our tablet (which really works everywhere all over the world and did so last year on Journey) had no connection in our cabin on deck 7.

We were told wifi works in public areas, in some cabins it may not work. I guess with more and more devices being used their system is stretched to its limits.

And I expect not only the loyalty program may be affected by some top management decisions.

If my information is correct starting this September just after our cruise the housekeeping staff has 30% more cabins to attend to per person – this has to affect the Azamara cruise experience for all passengers.

With so many cruises in 2015 at key holiday dates on charter (and with Quest the ship we would favour!) in our opinion Azamara is no longer a cruise line with two ships. It is for us down to 1.5 ships at best!

So our doubts are: what other changes will come and will we ever have the same great onboard experience again.

uh oh. if this is correct, there will be a direct impact on the wonderful on board experience. Let's hope this is just a bad rumor.

It comes down to the actual cruise experience. Does not gave anything to do with free this and that. If you want a fantastic cruise experience, book Azamara without a doubt. # 1 across the boards! If you want a lackluster NCL cruise with bad service and lousy food book Oceania!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Deegee208

Bonnie

Glad to see your numbers are so strong Bonnie, I take it that RCCL and Azamrara with now be able to confirm that a realistic investment in the ships and infrastructure will be forthcoming? If you are planning to charge all passengers for internet access, I would assume you would agree that it would be prudent to upgrade and improve the service you are charging for?

I would also welcome confirmation that RCCL is going to invest some of its hard earned profits in an improvement in the IT interface with its guests, principally the extremely inefficient and poorly managed website and its various interfaces?

I will truly believe in a strong rosy future for Azamara when I see some real investment in improving the shore-based customer service provisions. Today we had the good fortune to have an interraction with several officers from the ships on a totally unrelated issue - it reminded me what exactly makes the Azamara experience so special. RCCL's failure in the landside operation to support such exemplary customer service is what is letting the line down.

I read all these threads about Azamara's future (?) and I keep my fingers crossed that Bonnie is correct in her forecast and outlook. As a "newbie" to Azamara, we are anticipating a superb cruising experience on the Journey in late 2015, and hopefully many more in the years thereafter.

I’m sure you recognize how much I value your contributions to this forum [i happen to think that having a participative Chief Blogging Officer is a “Best Practice” innovation from Azamara that other cruise lines ought embrace] and how much I personally appreciate the consideration/advocacy you’ve extended to me—and others—in the context of the Land Discovery issues surrounding next year’s Rio sailings… I’ve said so many times… And so, I’ll assume that the question that you pose above is based upon a genuine desire to know what some people—I don’t claim to speak for all—are thinking…

First, some historical perspective…

Dan Hanrahan created full reciprocity between Celebrity and Azamara when Azamara was created in May 2007 and he was tapped to serve as leader of both until Larry was hired three years later to lead Azamara… Dan left RCCL/Celebrity—seemingly for greener pastures—in July 2012…

The hope--apparently successful given the large number of Azamara guests with substantial Celebrity cruise histories--was that guests would "move over/move up/graduate" to their boutique, usually higher priced line but not create perceived impediments to sailing both interchangeably... The lines still—I now suspect to Azamara's consternation; they'd have otherwise had no reason to add loyalty tiers when Celebrity changed Captain's Club last November if they then had an inkling as to how the revised LCV might evolve—share a loyalty accounting system…

I'm sure it all seemed like a good idea at the time... And certainly, Azamara has benefited richly—as have guests—from the fully reciprocal/cross-accumulating loyalty scheme over the past 7+ years...

While it’s difficult not to assess the Le Club Voyage changes through other than a personal prism, there are others who are similarly situated—despite our differing circumstances—and whose thinking may well replicate mine among those who have been extremely loyal to the Celebrity and Azamara brands… It is in that illustrative spirit only—I seek no personal empathy—that I share my observations…

By next July, I'll be 80 cruise nights shy of reaching Zenith membership in Captain's Club if I sail exclusively with Celebrity in AquaClass or Concierge Class [as I do] or 160—generally far more expensive—nights shy of reaching Discover Platinum membership in LCV if I sail exclusively with Azamara in a balcony cabin [as I do] as Azamara has not followed the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity leads in doubling Cruise Points for solos sailing at 100% supplement... Reduced single supplements have always been rare on Celebrity and Azamara has significantly reduced its commitment to the “Savings for Singles” program that surely helped fill Journey and Quest during more challenging economic times…

At this point, it is statistically impossible for me to earn "Free Nights" with Azamara—the signature and only truly valuable benefit of the revised program given my substantial Celebrity history and Azamara's requirement that 50% or more of Cruise Points must have been earned with Azamara for “Free Nights” to be awarded... The upsell benefit [and that's really what it is] based upon loyalty is a nice idea [at least it does away with the mystique as to how complimentary upgrades have been granted] but it is—at best—a "lightning strike" in the odd event it occurs but is surely not something reliable/bankable…

At my current Elite+/Discoverer+ loyalty level, tangible benefits—such as laundry and internet now available to me—will, given current knowledge, continue to be provided when I sail with Celebrity but be replaced with a “wallet reach” when sailing with Azamara after 1 January 2015… If/when I get to the Zenith/Discoverer Plus membership tier as my sailing pattern suggests I will [as I’m sure you understand from my comments above, I’d be foolish not to concentrate my future patronage with Celebrity], the dichotomy becomes even more glaring… Under current Captain’s Club provisions, loyalty benefit increases are quantum once one reaches Zenith with Celebrity [among the most notable are 1600 internet minutes, unlimited laundry, a premium beverage package, and a complimentary seven night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise; there are others] but, ironically, sailing with Azamara at Discoverer Platinum tier still provides nothing more than a continued “wallet reach” for those—like me—who have proven to be most allegiant to the Royal Caribbean family of brands… One ought not to sail for loyalty benefits but I must admit that they’ve served as a tie-breaker for me when evaluating alternative cruise opportunities; the value is real and the inferred recognition/appreciation for patronage is nice… And similarly—with Zenith now within reach for me—that consideration will also surely serve as a tie-breaker in making my future cruise plans; I’d be foolish not to finish the journey—it’s never been a mission—at this juncture with so much at stake… My behaviors are exactly those that loyalty programs are intended to foster… And so, Azamara’s recent actions—an entity doesn’t typically drive away its existing current [one might say “best”] and likely future customers while nurturing new ones to perhaps perpetuate the brand—are particularly counterintuitive/perplexing to many…

I’ll accept Larry’s metrics in their most positive light in terms of financial vitality but, fact is, we all understand that [a] it’s possible to exceed budget if a loss isn’t as severe as has been forecast and that an entity doesn’t easily achieve profitability—there is a crossover point—by selling more of what might be a losing proposition until one reaches the right combination of pricing, expense and load levels… That said, financial viability doesn’t necessarily equate to viability… There are also synergy considerations as to whether or not Azamara “fits” into Royal Caribbean’s long-term strategic vision [which, time and again, has wavered wildly with respect to Azamara if one were to judge based upon Azamara’s many iterations] given that the Corporation’s roots are mass market, its most senior leadership—aside from Larry—grew up in, or evolved over time, in serving the mass market, and the mass market operations contribute—by far—most significantly to “big Royal’s” bottom line… And then, there may not be an understanding or tolerance for the fact that boutique operations often require a disproportionate allocation of shared but rationed resources by the very nature of their product and the expectations of their clientele… Even “doers” come to understand that there is more potential glory/recognition/impact—to use an example near/dear to my heart—in tweaking an existing Shore Ex offering available to tens of thousands of guests each year by negotiating a dollar/two out of tour operator cost and/or assessing a price increase to guests than there is in developing Land Discovery opportunities for, at best, a few hundred guests at an esoteric port that Azamara may never—or seldom—visit again… I have a sense that the same dynamic may be in play with respect to IT; it’s no mystery to me as to why Royal Caribbean’s systems/web operations seem to be far better/friendlier than those supporting Celebrity and Azamara and that Celebrity’s IT operations are, in turn [though goodness knows they need help too], a bit better than those supporting Azamara; it’s all about impact… Sometimes major corporations [i worked for one for 32 years and served as leader of a “shared services” overhead operation during many of those years] shed financially viable operations by spin-off [the revised LVC program looks like something one might design if starting anew in a conservative way; a thriving going concern with enduring parentage would ostensibly do more rather than less], by sale [slashing loyalty spend reduces the associated liability and could improve price], by joint venture [a technique often used to share required infrastructure/developmental investment; again, one wouldn’t want to encumber a fledgling marriage], and, if all else fails, even by shut-down—when contribution is comparatively minor in the bigger picture and/or the whole effort/risk seems disproportionate/onerous relative to the possible reward…

I’d love to see a robust Azamara… The unique itineraries are intriguing to a frequent and now-seasoned traveler like me, the destination immersion concept [which needs minor tweaking in terms of relevant enrichment opportunities] is appealing, and the onboard experience is impeccable thanks to exceptional, engaged crew/officers [though some of the inclusives—most significantly, the alcohol—are lost on me]… Landside—far beyond the recent Shore Ex episode—is often frustrating in the context of total experience and, to my mind has long needed work… But I’m afraid that the LCV revisions are the icing on my cake/tipping point…

Call me cynical [i’ve been called worse!] but I can’t help but think that the drastic [and for some, insulting] LCV changes—especially when considered in tandem with Celebrity’s current initiative to enhance their suite offering so as to create an experience more akin to that provided by Azamara; I don’t think the two actions are necessarily coincidental—are designed to redirect customers with proven faithfulness/reliable spend back to Celebrity and “lock them in” [keeping the business in the current family] should Azamara’s viability—for whatever reason; it may well be synergy—be called to ultimate question in the future and guests may have no choice but to seek their cruise opportunities elsewhere…

I’ve given this dynamic—fascinating from a distance; I use other adjectives when I consider it from a personal perspective—a whole lot of thought but, at the end of the day, these are just my thoughts; I’ll gladly be proven wrong… Please accept them in the spirit intended…

I’m sure you recognize how much I value your contributions to this forum [i happen to think that having a participative Chief Blogging Officer is a “Best Practice” innovation from Azamara that other cruise lines ought embrace] and how much I personally appreciate the consideration/advocacy you’ve extended to me—and others—in the context of the Land Discovery issues surrounding next year’s Rio sailings… I’ve said so many times… And so, I’ll assume that the question that you pose above is based upon a genuine desire to know what some people—I don’t claim to speak for all—are thinking…

First, some historical perspective…

Dan Hanrahan created full reciprocity between Celebrity and Azamara when Azamara was created in May 2007 and he was tapped to serve as leader of both until Larry was hired three years later to lead Azamara… Dan left RCCL/Celebrity—seemingly for greener pastures—in July 2012…

The hope--apparently successful given the large number of Azamara guests with substantial Celebrity cruise histories--was that guests would "move over/move up/graduate" to their boutique, usually higher priced line but not create perceived impediments to sailing both interchangeably... The lines still—I now suspect to Azamara's consternation; they'd have otherwise had no reason to add loyalty tiers when Celebrity changed Captain's Club last November if they then had an inkling as to how the revised LCV might evolve—share a loyalty accounting system…

I'm sure it all seemed like a good idea at the time... And certainly, Azamara has benefited richly—as have guests—from the fully reciprocal/cross-accumulating loyalty scheme over the past 7+ years...

While it’s difficult not to assess the Le Club Voyage changes through other than a personal prism, there are others who are similarly situated—despite our differing circumstances—and whose thinking may well replicate mine among those who have been extremely loyal to the Celebrity and Azamara brands… It is in that illustrative spirit only—I seek no personal empathy—that I share my observations…

By next July, I'll be 80 cruise nights shy of reaching Zenith membership in Captain's Club if I sail exclusively with Celebrity in AquaClass or Concierge Class [as I do] or 160—generally far more expensive—nights shy of reaching Discover Platinum membership in LCV if I sail exclusively with Azamara in a balcony cabin [as I do] as Azamara has not followed the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity leads in doubling Cruise Points for solos sailing at 100% supplement... Reduced single supplements have always been rare on Celebrity and Azamara has significantly reduced its commitment to the “Savings for Singles” program that surely helped fill Journey and Quest during more challenging economic times…

At this point, it is statistically impossible for me to earn "Free Nights" with Azamara—the signature and only truly valuable benefit of the revised program given my substantial Celebrity history and Azamara's requirement that 50% or more of Cruise Points must have been earned with Azamara for “Free Nights” to be awarded... The upsell benefit [and that's really what it is] based upon loyalty is a nice idea [at least it does away with the mystique as to how complimentary upgrades have been granted] but it is—at best—a "lightning strike" in the odd event it occurs but is surely not something reliable/bankable…

At my current Elite+/Discoverer+ loyalty level, tangible benefits—such as laundry and internet now available to me—will, given current knowledge, continue to be provided when I sail with Celebrity but be replaced with a “wallet reach” when sailing with Azamara after 1 January 2015… If/when I get to the Zenith/Discoverer Plus membership tier as my sailing pattern suggests I will [as I’m sure you understand from my comments above, I’d be foolish not to concentrate my future patronage with Celebrity], the dichotomy becomes even more glaring… Under current Captain’s Club provisions, loyalty benefit increases are quantum once one reaches Zenith with Celebrity [among the most notable are 1600 internet minutes, unlimited laundry, a premium beverage package, and a complimentary seven night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise; there are others] but, ironically, sailing with Azamara at Discoverer Platinum tier still provides nothing more than a continued “wallet reach” for those—like me—who have proven to be most allegiant to the Royal Caribbean family of brands… One ought not to sail for loyalty benefits but I must admit that they’ve served as a tie-breaker for me when evaluating alternative cruise opportunities; the value is real and the inferred recognition/appreciation for patronage is nice… And similarly—with Zenith now within reach for me—that consideration will also surely serve as a tie-breaker in making my future cruise plans; I’d be foolish not to finish the journey—it’s never been a mission—at this juncture with so much at stake… My behaviors are exactly those that loyalty programs are intended to foster… And so, Azamara’s recent actions—an entity doesn’t typically drive away its existing current [one might say “best”] and likely future customers while nurturing new ones to perhaps perpetuate the brand—are particularly counterintuitive/perplexing to many…

I’ll accept Larry’s metrics in their most positive light in terms of financial vitality but, fact is, we all understand that [a] it’s possible to exceed budget if a loss isn’t as severe as has been forecast and that an entity doesn’t easily achieve profitability—there is a crossover point—by selling more of what might be a losing proposition until one reaches the right combination of pricing, expense and load levels… That said, financial viability doesn’t necessarily equate to viability… There are also synergy considerations as to whether or not Azamara “fits” into Royal Caribbean’s long-term strategic vision [which, time and again, has wavered wildly with respect to Azamara if one were to judge based upon Azamara’s many iterations] given that the Corporation’s roots are mass market, its most senior leadership—aside from Larry—grew up in, or evolved over time, in serving the mass market, and the mass market operations contribute—by far—most significantly to “big Royal’s” bottom line… And then, there may not be an understanding or tolerance for the fact that boutique operations often require a disproportionate allocation of shared but rationed resources by the very nature of their product and the expectations of their clientele… Even “doers” come to understand that there is more potential glory/recognition/impact—to use an example near/dear to my heart—in tweaking an existing Shore Ex offering available to tens of thousands of guests each year by negotiating a dollar/two out of tour operator cost and/or assessing a price increase to guests than there is in developing Land Discovery opportunities for, at best, a few hundred guests at an esoteric port that Azamara may never—or seldom—visit again… I have a sense that the same dynamic may be in play with respect to IT; it’s no mystery to me as to why Royal Caribbean’s systems/web operations seem to be far better/friendlier than those supporting Celebrity and Azamara and that Celebrity’s IT operations are, in turn [though goodness knows they need help too], a bit better than those supporting Azamara; it’s all about impact… Sometimes major corporations [i worked for one for 32 years and served as leader of a “shared services” overhead operation during many of those years] shed financially viable operations by spin-off [the revised LVC program looks like something one might design if starting anew in a conservative way; a thriving going concern with enduring parentage would ostensibly do more rather than less], by sale [slashing loyalty spend reduces the associated liability and could improve price], by joint venture [a technique often used to share required infrastructure/developmental investment; again, one wouldn’t want to encumber a fledgling marriage], and, if all else fails, even by shut-down—when contribution is comparatively minor in the bigger picture and/or the whole effort/risk seems disproportionate/onerous relative to the possible reward…

I’d love to see a robust Azamara… The unique itineraries are intriguing to a frequent and now-seasoned traveler like me, the destination immersion concept [which needs minor tweaking in terms of relevant enrichment opportunities] is appealing, and the onboard experience is impeccable thanks to exceptional, engaged crew/officers [though some of the inclusives—most significantly, the alcohol—are lost on me]… Landside—far beyond the recent Shore Ex episode—is often frustrating in the context of total experience and, to my mind has long needed work… But I’m afraid that the LCV revisions are the icing on my cake/tipping point…

Call me cynical [i’ve been called worse!] but I can’t help but think that the drastic [and for some, insulting] LCV changes—especially when considered in tandem with Celebrity’s current initiative to enhance their suite offering so as to create an experience more akin to that provided by Azamara; I don’t think the two actions are necessarily coincidental—are designed to redirect customers with proven faithfulness/reliable spend back to Celebrity and “lock them in” [keeping the business in the current family] should Azamara’s viability—for whatever reason; it may well be synergy—be called to ultimate question in the future and guests may have no choice but to seek their cruise opportunities elsewhere…

I’ve given this dynamic—fascinating from a distance; I use other adjectives when I consider it from a personal perspective—a whole lot of thought but, at the end of the day, these are just my thoughts; I’ll gladly be proven wrong… Please accept them in the spirit intended…

I think I understood that - so you agree with the rest of us - what AZ have done is wrong!:rolleyes:

It comes down to the actual cruise experience. Does not gave anything to do with free this and that. If you want a fantastic cruise experience, book Azamara without a doubt. # 1 across the boards! If you want a lackluster NCL cruise with bad service and lousy food book Oceania!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Looking at your post history, its clear you have not set foot on an Oceania ship or enjoyed their food. Am I correct?

Also, NCL has nothing to do with Oceania now as the deal will not close for 90 days! When you have cruised both lines recently, as I have, then rational comments are encouraged.

I am curious as to where you received this info. If true it would be very distressing. Having my cabin maintained in a timely manner is one of the things that makes or breaks my experience.

I have one cruise planned for April 2014, and one open passage (for which I believe I can get a full refund). I will wait to see how these changes impact my cruise experience in April before I commit any more to Azamara in the future. So sad.

I have never cruised Azamara but am interested so I read this board so I saw your post. A NCL cruise is not lackluster as they have over the top shows and entainment along with many dinning choices. Oceania has the same ships as Azamara along with two new ones that are top shelf with great food and service. If Azamara is your choice that is great but to dish NCL and Oceania services no purpose.

I am curious as to where you received this info. If true it would be very distressing. Having my cabin maintained in a timely manner is one of the things that makes or breaks my experience.

I have one cruise planned for April 2014, and one open passage (for which I believe I can get a full refund). I will wait to see how these changes impact my cruise experience in April before I commit any more to Azamara in the future. So sad.

I share your view.

Staff onboard Azamara Quest told me so. We were on the last cruise (disembarking in Istanbul September 1st, 2014) with the "old" workload for housekeeping staff.

As I stated housekeeping staff has now 30% more cabins to attend to per person.

I share your view.

Staff onboard Azamara Quest told me so. We were on the last cruise (disembarking in Istanbul September 1st, 2014) with the "old" workload for housekeeping staff.

Well, that is indeed unfortunate. The housekeeping staff work very hard and have done (at least on our cruises) admirable work keeping a friendly and accommodating attitude. Loading them with extra work can only mean less attention to detail, less availability for special requests, and I'm sure a less than happy staff. Forget the lousy LCV program...this change is really bad.

Bonnie...you want to chime in on this?

Well, that is indeed unfortunate. The housekeeping staff work very hard and have done (at least on our cruises) admirable work keeping a friendly and accommodating attitude. Loading them with extra work can only mean less attention to detail, less availability for special requests, and I'm sure a less than happy staff. Forget the lousy LCV program...this change is really bad.

Bonnie...you want to chime in on this?

Chiminhhggggggh

This is serious. Some serious late services noticed during our last cruise. Mayne we should have pointed that out.:o

Chiminhhggggggh

This is serious. Some serious late services noticed during our last cruise. Mayne we should have pointed that out.:o

Oh my....not good to read with our upcoming voyages on the horizon.

What's next? There is only so much fat you can trim before you totally "ruin the taste".

I share your view.

How odd...I have looked into this and am assured it is not true that the housekeeping staff now has 30% more cabins to attend to. Can't tell you why someone told you this is the situation.

Hello Xport (post #114), et.al. ~ you (all of you!) continue to impress me with the thought you put into your responses.

I remain 100% confident in the future of Azamara Club Cruises and our dedication to our customers, ships and employees ashore and at sea.

As for yours, and the multitude of other criticisms of the new LCV program, there will no doubt be some fine-tuning to the program in the months to come. You can rest assured your comments are not falling on deaf ears.

Bonnie