Official Celebrity Beverage Packages

Yes, thanks, I know. I started that thread. Still wish we could get something 'official' from Celebrity regarding wines by the glass pricing.

What exactly do you want? There is nothing more official than an on board price list.

Is it posted anywhere, by Celebrity, what the actual NEW prices per glass of wine is ? Do we on the classic package have any actual choices in the $9. limit ????:confused:

Here are the MDR wine by the glass prices last week on Eclipse. These include the 15% tip and the cut off for the packages is $10.50 max for Classic and $15 max for premium. Sorry the pics are a bit poor. eza3uva2.jpgava5atyz.jpgusavapa7.jpgru2yny7u.jpgave9u4uz.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have put this together with the help of KEVINYORK post 54

Which I hope makes things clearer.

Well done for your hard work. Much easier to read than my photos. Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celebrity Cruises,

Excellent job. You clarified the limits on the packages and also increased the Classic wine limit to $9. You also provided an example of the current offerings within those limits. You also reinforced that the limits are the basis of the program and the offerings may vary if prices or availability changes. Many of us really like the approach as it allows us to cost effectively go over the Premium Limits for certain wines and International beers. Also it allows new brands that fall within the limits to automatically be included.

Your effort should result in a very clear understanding for everyone.

I have enjoyed this program many times and I hope to continue to enjoy it in the future. I believe it offers Celebrity a competitive advantage and is a great marketing tool.

Thank you very much.

Are you for real ?! Great Marketing Tool ?

"""Many of us really like the approach as it allows us to cost effectively go over the Premium Limits for certain wines and International beers. Also it allows new brands that fall within the limits to automatically be included."""

The Classic Package is increased to $9 for wine but remains at $13 for Premium with several wines previously included now priced above the package that we paid extra for.

Excellent Job ??

""Your effort should result in a very clear understanding for everyone.""

Yeah Right -- we are all happy with the Premium Package Wine List being Dudded.

Hi all,

As promised, we have included our Classic and Premium Beverage Package below, and they are current as of May 28, 2014.

Classic Package:

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

Premium Package:

Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package.

Just so that you are aware my advice received has been that you cannot sell a package listing items and then change them before the Customer has received what he paid for. Obviously you can change prices of any particular drink at any time, BUT if you have Customers who have already purchased a package you cannot by UK Law change what they are getting, here is what the law says

Your consumer rights – products must be:

• of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
  • fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
  • as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

Thanks KevinYork for the Post

For example now -

When I purchased my Premium Upgrade - Dry Creek Zinfandel and Conundrum were included in my package . I have enjoyed both these wines on Previous Celebrity Cruises within the Package and were available when I purchased the upgrade months ago.

I now see both these wines require me to pay $4 per glass extra - Thats right - $4 per glass extra - ontop of the Premium Beverage Package ?? - for a wine that was included previously . That totally sucks. Celebrity apologists and shareholders will no doubt disagree but that is a case of moving the goal posts after the kick and everyone on CC should be outraged . Strangely not.

:confused:

For example now -

When I purchased my Premium Upgrade - Dry Creek Zinfandel and Conundrum were included in my package . I have enjoyed both these wines on Previous Celebrity Cruises within the Package and were available when I purchased the upgrade months ago.

I now see both these wines require me to pay $4 per glass extra - Thats right - $4 per glass extra - ontop of the Premium Beverage Package ?? - for a wine that was included previously . That totally sucks. Celebrity apologists and shareholders will no doubt disagree but that is a case of moving the goal posts after the kick and everyone on CC should be outraged . Strangely not.

You got that wrong its 2$ extra per glass not 4$ limit is 13$ +15% = 15$ Kevins prices include 15%

I would tend to agree with you on this, but I have receipts on wines that were over the $13.00 per glass limit of the premium package that are done both ways. One receipt just shows the upcharge on the wine, no extra tip included. The other receipt has the upcharge and tip on it. Shame on me for not taking a closer look at this.

I should have added that you have to pay 15% on any upcharge beyond the $13 limit on the Premium but the person I was responding to asked about the Classic.

On the Classic he will pay the amount listed on the menu and not worry about a service charge.

If he goes over the $8 or $9 limit he'll pay the whole price of the drink and the service charge for that drink.

We still don't have an official answer from Celebrity about what happens when we go over the $13 limit on the Premium.

And I do agree with all those that say the price of the wine by the glass has gone up exorbitantly !

I offered the example of the Catena Malbec (which , by the way, has now gone DOWN in price in our local store from $16.99/bottle to $14.99/bottle)

In winter 2013 it was $8.50.

Winter 2014 $9.50

Currently $11 :eek:

What about people without packages!

That's who are really getting the shaft!

... :( ...

Just so that you are aware my advice received has been that you cannot sell a package listing items and then change them before the Customer has received what he paid for. Obviously you can change prices of any particular drink at any time, BUT if you have Customers who have already purchased a package you cannot by UK Law change what they are getting, here is what the law says

Your consumer rights – products must be:

• of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect and be free of any defects
  • fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader
  • as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you

I don't see how that's going to wash, based on what you highlighted.

There, they've said the package is based on limit.

As long as that doesn't change disadvantageously, which hasn't happened to date, then they have delivered what they said.

The issue is previously there were stated inclusions, but now they are stated as not guaranteed, and may change. Thus, anyone buying now will get what they were told (unless, as said, the limits change disadvantageously, which I can't see happening).

Does anyone have a list of what the classic packages used to have in regards to craft beers? My husband is saying he saw Newcastle included in the classic but now it's in premium. We bought the classic under assumptions of certain beers being included...now we will be forced to upgrade or pay out of pocket.

Is there also a list of mixed drinks? Was there ever a list?

Hi all,

As promised, we have included our Classic and Premium Beverage Package below, and they are current as of May 28, 2014.

Classic Package:

The Classic Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks priced up to $8.00 per serving, and wine up to $9.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

Premium Package:

The Premium Package includes beer, spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wine by the glass up to $13.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Premium Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Premium Package.

Thanks for making this clear.......seems like a wide selection to me... and I understand NOT posting the wine selection because this does vary ship to ship...at least it has in my experience...

I don't see how that's going to wash, based on what you highlighted.

There, they've said the package is based on limit.

As long as that doesn't change disadvantageously, which hasn't happened to date, then they have delivered what they said.

The issue is previously there were stated inclusions, but now they are stated as not guaranteed, and may change. Thus, anyone buying now will get what they were told (unless, as said, the limits change disadvantageously, which I can't see happening).

I would agree with you that on new purchases of the Classic package that buyers are now aware that the list means absolutely nothing . That is for Celebrity to decide if its good for them, however they cannot retrospectively do what they have done and remain inside of the Consumer legislation

Edited by SWORRUB1

I truly feel sorry for those that feel the need to go on vacation with the consumer legislation handbook in their carry-on instead of a book by their favourite author. I spent too much time on this board prior to my first cruise in March and developed a lot of angst and buyers remorse after reading countless complaints about everything from drinks to food to service to entertainment... The cruise turned out to be one of our best vacations ever with Celebrity consistently exceeding our expectations on nearly every aspect of their product. I also developed the impression I'd be spending the week listening to much moaning and whining by fellow passengers - I didn't meet a SINGLE unhappy cruiser. Please just go and enjoy your cruise folks - you likely won't need your lawyer's phone number after all.

I do not see the discount for buying bottles of wine mentioned. I believe it was 20% off per bottle if you had the premium package. Is there still a discount and if so what is it? Thanks.

go and enjoy your cruise folks.

Have no fear absolutely will enjoy it I am sure about that.:)

At present though I am not on a cruise and the people I have chosen to Cruise with seem intent on playing around with the contractual terms that they agreed with me.

Just think what would happen if I just sent a letter and said that I would be paying 10% less.

Cant beleive that anyone would be so shallow as to let this bother them once on board.

Edited by SWORRUB1

I have put this together with the help of KEVINYORK post 54

Which I hope makes things clearer.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the wine lists. Wondering if those prices are fleet wide(with or without the gratuity). It would also be great to see a premium drink list edited to remove the over 100 brands available on the classic list.

Yes, thanks, I know. I started that thread. Still wish we could get something 'official' from Celebrity regarding wines by the glass pricing.

There are different wines and lists for the MDR, Specialty Restsurants, main bars ie Passport, Martini, Ensemble etc The list posted (kevinyork) is for just the MDR. I have found that the most accurate lists are found once on board:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Celebrity!

Thanks for the lists.

Two questions....

-I usually drink Becks on the Classic package and it's not listed on either the classic or premium lists. Is it still, like Heineken a classic package included beer?

-O'Douls non alcoholic beer had always been covered on the classic package... at least when I asked for it, and was my other beer of choice when I wanted a beer without the buzz :p Is it really now a "premium" item? Kinda seems like a very odd move.... :confused:

BECKS%20CAN%20BEER%20500ML20126278711.jpgodouls-beer.jpg

For example now -

"Outraged" is a bit strong for me, but am a bit upset. Seems that a number of wines have been raised beyond the amount allowed on the premium package. Like you I enjoy Conundrum. Pouilly-Fuse is also no longer in the Premium price range. Perhaps we can request a half pour for half the price and keep refilling (a joke). Perhaps they could increase the amounts to $10 for Classic and $15 for Premium. Wouldn't cover all the increase, but reduce cost somewhat. I get the Premium Package as a loyalty perk and can get what I want in Michael's Club, so I really don't have a reason to be too upset. But I can most certainly understand why those who pay either through a booking perk choice or cash would be even outraged.