Inside Guarantee

travelingirl70

Need some advice. I realize this varies by individual, with I, for one, being someone who would NEVER book an Inside cabin and NEVER book a guarantee (control issues), never mind an INSIDE GUARANTEE! That being said we have friends who are interested in joining us on our Summit cruise to Bermuda but will only do so if they score a great deal.

We, on the other hand, are booked in AQ1, on deck 11. That's just how we roll. To each his own.

So, here's my dilemma. Our friends have never cruised before and I will feel terrible if they hate their cabin, and regret their choice. I know, I know, it's up to them, but I'm not sure if I should push this as an option or not. They've said they won't spend a lot of time in their cabin anyway, so they don't care where it is. Plus, they can come spend time with us on our balcony.

It's just hard because I know I wouldn't be happy with an inside cabin, or in an undesirable location.

I really want them to come with us but I'm also afraid they will hate it and that will make a miserable experience for all.

Thoughts?

We have had inside cabins on a couple of the M class ships. They are well organized and easy to sleep in. You shouldn't worry about your friends on that account.

However. . . If you are booked in AQ you will be eating breakfast and dinner in Blu. (This is the best thing about AQ and why we no longer book anything but AQ! Your friends will not be able to join you there as it is reserved for AQ only, with Suites allowed on an as available basis. You may join them in the MDR, buffet or specialty restaurants but then why are you paying for AQ.

Just something to think about.

Edited by lucinjo

Do not try to put your values on your friends. You pick your cabin for your reasons. Some people really do not care where their cabin is located. I do not book insides. I have friends that only book insides or the cheapest cabin. Often insides or oceanviews are in great locations. There is also a chance that your friends get upgraded. I would let your friends book whatever they want. Do not pass judgement. Just be happy to share time with them on the cruise.

We did a cruise 2 years ago with 7 other couples. All but one couple booked balcony cabins, one booked an inside. They had a good time, spent time on our balcony & didn't mind the inside. They did say when they cruise again they will probably get a balcony:)

Do you plan on eating dinner with them? Just curious because they

won't be able to dine with you in Blu....or have you discussed this

already and they are ok with that part of he cruise as well?

As for the cabin? If you want to throw in a suggsestion to them such

as: Mid ship on deck 3 is usually reasonably priced and a good location,

then maybe they will take your advice....(and that is true...I love those

cabins:D)...since this is their first cruise, maybe they be more likely

to listen to your suggestion?

Other than that? Not much you can do really.

All prior comments are on target. Our first cruise, we booked an OV and it was fine. The next cruise a balcony was a small amount more than an OV, so we got the balcony. Ever since then, DW won't consider anything but a balcony.

I do love the balcony, but could handle an OV or even an inside.

If you have a port intensive cruise, you won't spend much time in the cabin, but each to their own.

After 28

cruises, I can say insides are just fine . Everyone says once you have a balcony you can't go back. Had a balcony 1st and 27th cruise, really enjoyed last cruise in inside. Don't project, let people decide for themselves.

My first 5-6 cruises were inside cabins with many of those being a guarantee. I can assure you that your friends will not be upset. They'll be on their first cruise and all will be good (you may not want to let them near your cabin).

I'm more concerned with the fact that Couple A is in AQ and will either not eat in Blu, or not eat with their friends. If I was going with first time cruisers, I don't think I'd be comfortable telling them, "well, you're on your own for dinner, see ya later!"

Do you plan on eating dinner with them? Just curious because they

won't be able to dine with you in Blu....or have you discussed this

already and they are ok with that part of he cruise as well?

I'm more concerned with the fact that Couple A is in AQ and will either not eat in Blu, or not eat with their friends. If I was going with first time cruisers, I don't think I'd be comfortable telling them, "well, you're on your own for dinner, see ya later!"

Yes, they know we booked AQ. We booked a while ago and then they asked if they could join us. I explained what we booked and why and that we plan to dine in Blu, but as long as they didn't mind our dinners being on our own, we would love to have them join. We have traveled together before and are very comfortable doing things together, splitting up and rejoining later. Granted, if we had planned to take a trip together, I would never book cabins this way -- but this was what we booked initially. I even contemplated moving to a CC or Balcony but they can't decide if they're coming, so I'm not giving up my AQ on the chance they may join us. We're past final payment now, so nothing I can do at this point even if they made up their mind.

I have been in AQ, CC, oceanview and inside. My next cruise I booked an inside for the price .

I think if this is their first cruise they will be so busy enjoying different areas of the ship they won't have time for their cabin anyway. An inside is a good place to start.

We loved our first cruise (on the Eclipse) in an inside room, it was an accessible one though so a little bigger but we had a hoist and things for me (in a wheelchair) so I bet it was more cramped than a normal cabin. Half way through the cruise we booked another one (which is in 7 days Woowhoo!)

We went for a balcony second time though as thats what we wanted originally but they were sold out.

I don't see any reason to worry on their behalf.

The different restaurants thing is a shame but perhaps you can go to Murano and Normandie together.

It's so nice you are worried about your friends not liking their cabin.

We always book inside guarantees. We just came back from Bermuda on Summit, booking an inside guarantee. The cruise was great. We have been in Ocean Views and Concierge Class cabins and can't see that happening again.

I cannot see spending $1,000 of dollars more for a few basic amenities. Also why pay extra to eat in Blu when the MDR food is so good.

When we are on vacation we want to be out with other people not stuck in our stateroom or on a small balcony.

That's just how we roll.

Yes, they know we booked AQ. We booked a while ago and then they asked if they could join us. I explained what we booked and why and that we plan to dine in Blu, but as long as they didn't mind our dinners being on our own, we would love to have them join. We have traveled together before and are very comfortable doing things together, splitting up and rejoining later. Granted, if we had planned to take a trip together, I would never book cabins this way -- but this was what we booked initially. I even contemplated moving to a CC or Balcony but they can't decide if they're coming, so I'm not giving up my AQ on the chance they may join us. We're past final payment now, so nothing I can do at this point even if they made up their mind.

Okay, I get it--makes sense. Some cruisers don't understand about the restrictions in Blu, just wanted to be sure everyone was aware.

On our April TA, several of our group booked inside guarantees, got assigned OV's, then bumped to balconies two days before we sailed--so anything is possible!