Should I tell my husband?

Definitely keep it a secret. First off, guys don't quite get anywhere near excited as we do. Yes, he'll be thrilled about it, but just not quite like us. My DH would never brag or even discuss the type of cabin he was assigned on a cruise with coworkers

....it makes me chuckle a bit to even consider it. He loves vacations and I have the best traveling partner in the world--we're just wired differently.

I have surprised him twice with first class. That was fun!

Edited by kymbakitty

We did a cruise in April and I had got 2 upgrades due to price reductions from an inside to a balcony, Unfortunately I never thought to try to surprise my hubby of almost 30 years. If I had it to do over I would have liked to TRY to surprise him as it would have been easy as he knows basically nothing about our trips except for inputs on excursions. My biggest problem would have been keeping my BIG mouth shut!!

Congrats on the suite/sweet upgrade! What is he like? If he's like me, for whom obsessing over everyone else's on line photos and videos of the EXACT cabin I have is so much fun- tell him! If he's like my DH, who literally reads the guidebook on the plane, and proceeds to spend the 3 hour flight asking if we will get to do all the things he's just reading about that I have obsessively been planning for months, then just surprise him:D

Surprise... surprise him.. He will be so thrilled. Have them decorate the cabin prior. OMG he will be so thrilled.

My DH and I are raising his two grandkids, they have been on several cruises.. we told them we can't afford one for next yr but will take them to San Juan for a week.. (got points to fly free) but we are booked on the AOS they think we are doing a very special VIP day pass for the day..:D :D

Cathy

My husband waits until the day we are a port then asks me what are we doing today. As far as the cabin goes as long as it has a bed in it he doesn't care so I wouldn't bother telling him as it would just bring me down:(. Enjoy it and surprise him:D

My husband and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary on Allure. We just found out that we were upgraded to a Crown Loft suite. I had originally booked a W guarantee and was assigned to a Junior Suite, but now have been moved to a L1 Crown Loft suite. I am thrilled but don't know if I should tell my husband or surprise him when we board the ship! (I will be honest, it will be hard for me to stay quiet about this!)

If you took the lead on all of this it would be fun to surprise him.

Congratulations on your upcoming Anniversary.

Keith

I would love to tell you to go for the surprise but, knowing how difficult it will be, imagine how much fun you would have looking forward to your wonderful upgrade together. If the tables were turned, would you rather know about the upgrade or have it be a surprise? I happen to think that the anticipation of a trip lasts far longer than the trip itself so I guess I'd rather know now. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

I was coming to post don't tell him but after reading this I say go ahead and tell him!!

Tell him now.

Let him be surprised now and enjoy the anticipation.

Kymbal-I know for a fact we do get excited about these things as much as woman.

My wife never reads or posts on CC.

I make the plans and she comes along for the ride.

She knows nothing about cabin selection. I am the "expert".

Edited by harry0

Wow, not much help here. :)

If you decide to surprise him, you'll need to be prepared at check in as you'll get a Gold SeaPass. JS's are not "gold." Now, if he doesn't know that, then you simply tell him that gold is for suites.

If you decide you can't keep it a secret, how about getting a picture or two of a Crown Loft, with a copy of the deckplan with your specific suite circled, and wrap it up as a present. Maybe a bottle of champaign and chocolates for an early celebration, and show him what "you" got him. He'll be completely thrilled. We were lucky enough last year (for my birthday) to upgrade from a JS to a CL 1 for only $300 TOTAL!! It's fantastic. You are so going to love it! Congrats all around. :)

My husband and I are celebrating our 28th anniversary on Allure. We just found out that we were upgraded to a Crown Loft suite. I had originally booked a W guarantee and was assigned to a Junior Suite, but now have been moved to a L1 Crown Loft suite. I am thrilled but don't know if I should tell my husband or surprise him when we board the ship! (I will be honest, it will be hard for me to stay quiet about this!)

Wow! We had the same thing happen on our November 2012 Oasis cruise - W Guarantee assigned to an aft-facing L2 Crown Loft... I kept the secret until 2 days before we left for Ft. Lauderdale. I literally woke up at 3:00 AM and couldn't stand it anymore, so I woke DH up to tell him that we were assigned a Crown Loft for our trip. He was so excited that neither of us could sleep at that point. I was glad that I told him so that he could share in the pre-cruise excitement. Great if you can keep the secret, but be prepared when you get on the line for suite guests... when we got to the counter, the RCCL woman checking us in said "Crown Loft - That is one of the most beautiful suites on the ship! You will definitely enjoy that room!" - would have given it away if I hadn't already told him.

Whether you share the news before you get there or keep the surprise - you will LOVE your Crown Loft suite, I promise! Congratulations on such an awesome assignment. I couldn't be happier for you both - Happy Anniversary!!!! <3

Surprise him! When we did our South Pacific Cruise in 2009, we booked a balcony cabin. About 2 months before we flew to Australia, I upgraded to a JS for only $100 per person (couldn't pass up that deal) and didn't tell him. First of all, he thought I had lost my mind when we got to the pier and went into the JS line (I told him the guy didn't have anyone in his line and waved us over); then he wondered why our SeaPass cards were a different color than other people's (I told him it was because we were higher on C&A than they were); then when we walked into our cabin, he immediate commented how the cabins seem so much bigger than what he remembered (I had to take him out into the hall to show him the words "Junior Suite" on the wall by the door). Needless to say, he was totally surprised and we totally enjoyed the bigger cabin! :D:D

I might have missed it but when is the cruise? That will determine how long you have to keep the secret....

What a great surprise for you too! Have a great cruise and count me as one to keep it a surprise until on board.

I'd say surprise him but can't as I tried to keep the secret when we were booked in a GS and was able to upgrade to an OS for nothing. What a big difference it is going from one category to another higher suite. I say tell him so that both of you can look forward to this beautiful suite. It's just to hard to keep it quiet!