Upgrade Fairy

kellanrevere

We are a group of 12 sailing RT from Seattle on the Golden on June 28. One couple (first time cruisers) got upgraded from an outside obstructed to an unobstructed. Then today she received an email that they went from window P203 to BALCONY A743 !!! Needless to say she is thrilled :). It's gonna be a great cruise. Friends and family from Maine to Japan.

I didn't know they would upgrade from one type cabin to another, thought it was just a better location.

We are a group of 12 sailing RT from Seattle on the Golden on June 28. One couple (first time cruisers) got upgraded from an outside obstructed to an unobstructed. Then today she received an email that they went from window P203 to BALCONY A743 !!! Needless to say she is thrilled :). It's gonna be a great cruise. Friends and family from Maine to Japan.

I didn't know they would upgrade from one type cabin to another, thought it was just a better location.

She's in the very aft cabin with the pool over her. We got an upgrade to the Aloha deck and was thrilled until we got the noise from chairs scooting around, people clomping, and the noise from MUTS. Though a balcony is better than an ocean view. Pam had warned me about the upgrade, I should have listened to her. Now we book only Caribe and have made it clear no upgrades. Have a nice cruise.

Edited by elliair

She's in the very aft cabin with the pool over her. We got an upgrade to the Aloha deck and was thrilled until we got the noise from chairs scooting around, people clomping, and the noise from MUTS. Though a balcony is better than an ocean view. Pam had warned me about the upgrade, I should have listened to her. Now we book only Caribe and have made it clear no upgrades. Have a nice cruise.

Highly unlikely this Aft cabin (A743) will have concerns on noise from MUTS. MUTS is midship.

It was our first cruise on Princess (11 on Carnival though). I booked a week before our sailing date on a whim as the prices were amazing. I booked an oceanview obstructed mid aft cabin. I checked the photos from another site and it looked like only two of these cabins would have a poor view but still allow some light into the cabin and we would be ok with that. We were going to Alaska and I know it gets chilly on balconies. Well low and behold the upgrade fairy visited us and upgraded us to a balcony cabin - Emerald deck E208!! It was listed as a obstructed balcony but it was a great cabin and the balcony was amazing. Front of the ship but lucky for us very little motion.

I was very impressed and have no idea why we lucked out as I have NEVER received any upgrades on Carnival.

For my October cruise I booked the lowest price inside cabin. A couple of weeks later I was upgraded to a better location. A couple of weeks after that they moved me to an outside and within 2 days to a balcony. Anything is possible. That is from a IF to a BB.

For my October cruise I booked the lowest price inside cabin. A couple of weeks later I was upgraded to a better location. A couple of weeks after that they moved me to an outside and within 2 days to a balcony. Anything is possible. That is from a IF to a BB.

Wow! Congrats to you all!

Edited by Ryndam2002

for my october cruise i booked the lowest price inside cabin. A couple of weeks later i was upgraded to a better location. A couple of weeks after that they moved me to an outside and within 2 days to a balcony. Anything is possible. That is from a if to a bb.

nice !

So happy for her ,hope your family & Friends have a great Cruise!!:D

Edited by Reader0108598

That is fantastic. The best upgrade I've received was from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite.

Today I got a notification on an upgrade on my November cruise that I had marked no upgrade. Well, to me it wasn't an upgrade. We were in an aft Caribe deck balcony and Princess upgraded us to a mid-forward Caribe deck balcony. No upgrade in my opinion since I prefer aft as it is closer to all the day time activities. I called Princess and, evidently, the Rep who originally booked our cabin had a note in the notes section to mark our cabin no upgrade but had not keyed in the code in the system to mark our cabin no upgrade. Fortunately, I was able to get moved back to an aft cabin.:):):)

Holy cow!:eek: That's great! What a way to start out your cruise!

We've only cruised 3 times so far (with a 4th booked for November) and received one upgrade on our second cruise. We booked the lowest category balcony with a gty. The one we booked was near the bow on deck 8 - you know, the one where the promenade steps up to deck 8 on Star and everybody walks right past your balcony. We received an upgrade to an Aloha mid-forward (almost at the mid-ship line actually). It was especially nice since our son was in a HC room on that deck and was only a few doors down the hall from us. The bookings weren't really linked so I don't think that had anything to do with the move but we certainly did appreciate it as we needed to visit his cabin frequently for "support" services.

I booked an inside for November's cruise and then got a cheaper price for an OV so we moved. Then I got a better price on a better view so changed again and now that room just dropped for another $270 savings. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a balcony upgrade but, since I would actually have been fine with the original inside room for about $350 more than we are now paying I'm already pretty happy. I would never count on an upgrade but...

We actually could have changed our aft Caribe balcony for a mini on our last cruise for a very little bit more but I wanted to try that specific room - C752 - so declined the mini. We would have loved to try the mini but were extremely happy with the aft-facing balcony we booked. I would love to have that cabin again.

I just got off the phone with the upgrade fairy.:mad: They want to "upgrade" us from an aft balcony to one directly across the hall from the laundromat. What I got was "They will try to put you back in your original cabin." Try? I guess I will be pitching a fit if they don't give it back (or give me gobs of OBC.) Grrr....

Congrats on the upgrades.....

We have learned over the years with Princess that they will usually hook the newbies with fantastic upgrades then as you are more traveled with them, not so much. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just got off the phone with the upgrade fairy.:mad: They want to "upgrade" us from an aft balcony to one directly across the hall from the laundromat. What I got was "They will try to put you back in your original cabin." Try? I guess I will be pitching a fit if they don't give it back (or give me gobs of OBC.) Grrr....

Just curious--did you request no upgrade? Hope you get your old cabin back!

Just curious--did you request no upgrade? Hope you get your old cabin back!

No, I didn't. Learned my lesson. We aren't newbies, but this is the third upgrade we've gotten. The others were actually good, but across from the laundromat is no upgrade, IMO!

No, I didn't. Learned my lesson. We aren't newbies, but this is the third upgrade we've gotten. The others were actually good, but across from the laundromat is no upgrade, IMO!

I am sorry to hear you didn't mark your cabin no upgrade. Take it from me even if you do you need to call back and make sure your request was actually entered into the system. My friend and I had a cabin on the Caribe deck marked no upgrade but then got an upgrade that wasn't really to my liking. Come to find out the original Princess Rep only put no upgrade in the notes and didn't key it into their system. Typically I book with a TA but because my cruise is only 3 days so no real savings booking with a TA we booked directly with Princess.

I have read a few threads from people who did not hear any noise at all in their cabins that were directly across from the Laundromat.

We have been directly across from the laundry room and heard absolutely no noise at all, nothing from the machines, not even from the few people that were using it. Hope you have the same experience.

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats on the upgrades.....

We have learned over the years with Princess that they will usually hook the newbies with fantastic upgrades then as you are more traveled with them, not so much. :(

As one of said newbies, that'd be awesome (for us on this trip)! teehee!