Platinum balcony discount denied because . . .

Just spoke to C&A and was told my Platinum Balcony discount was denied. The facts are as follows:

Reserved Allure for October, 2014 on 6/18/13 - D8 balcony

Completed Indy Cruise 4/9/14 which made me Platinum.

C&A told me that because my reservation was made BEFORE I was Platinum I was NOT eligible for the discount. Huh????

As an added piece of information, my friend became D+ upon completing the same cruise, made her reservation the same day I did back in 2013 and the D+ balcony discount was applied.

Any suggestions from you experienced people?

Just spoke to C&A and was told my Platinum Balcony discount was denied. The facts are as follows:

Reserved Allure for October, 2014 on 6/18/13 - D8 balcony

Completed Indy Cruise 4/9/14 which made me Platinum.

C&A told me that because my reservation was made BEFORE I was Platinum I was NOT eligible for the discount. Huh????

As an added piece of information, my friend became D+ upon completing the same cruise, made her reservation the same day I did back in 2013 and the D+ balcony discount was applied.

Any suggestions from you experienced people?

Could be she received a Diamond discount

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Could be she received a Diamond discount

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My friend got the D+ discount with NO change to her reservation or price.

I don't understand how the discount shouldn't be applied.

That may be the case. I forgot about that change, they used to keep your original price before. I see the price on the western Allure on 10-5 for a D8 is up $150 since Feb 14 so if they repriced your room and applied the Platinum discount you would be paying more.

so if you call back be sure to ask if they are repricing to the current rates if you apply the discount

Edited by PantherFan

I spoke to C & A about my upcoming Allure cruise which will make us platinum and getting the discount for our upcoming Quantum cruise. They told me that if the price for the Quantum has increased then the discount may not be worth it.

They do reprice the cruise if you add the balcony discount, or so they told me, because we were not platinum when we booked the cruise.

They used to adjust the discount when you changed levels. Now they will reprice the cruise if you want the newly earned discount. It may be worth it or it may not be.

I believe they now reprice the cruise if you sneeze.:rolleyes:

Yeah I know. I have several cruises booked but most are out of Cape Liberty so I don't have to get airfare. Sometimes one of my older sons cannot go with us (and we don't know until last minute) and if my cruise got repriced because I dropped him or changed cabins around I want the option to cancel without losing airfare.

Exactly!!! I did call about the FOS 12/21 cruise that we got at that low rate and just like you had predicted they said they would have to re-price the cruise.

And that was just to put the balcony discount on, it did not involve any changing of levels.

I wonder if anyone has tried escalating it to Resolutions??

Edit- It was RCL that did not put the discount on when I made the booking

Edited by molly361

I know on our next one we were Platinum aboard when we booked, Emerald upon completion, and they automatically applied the additional $25 discount after as promised. Was nice, but I wasn't going to make a stink if it didn't happen.

Now, they've also upped the onboard credit one gets for booking in our circumstance from $100 to $250, but our TA checked into it and that was for reservations made after 1-MAR. They're happily offer the $250 if we rebooked at the current price, which is just under $2000 higher.

Umm, I think I'll just be happy with what we've got, thanks.

The March thing sticks in my mind concerning the OP's situation. Something changed and I wasn't paying attention, but it could have affected their situation.

Oops, wasn't finished with my post.

Anyway, we become Platinum on our next cruise and have three more booked after that. Just got off the phone with C&A and was told that those future cruises would indeed be re-calculated at the new rate should we try to apply our new Platinum Balcony Discount. Those cruises are all considerably higher than we paid already, don't see them going down to logically apply the discount.

Just another way to piss off their loyal customers in my view. We will be diamond after our next cruise. We have 3 booked, all of which are now priced higher :( We were able to get the new level applied before, now we cannot. Makes you not want to book in advance. Not what the cruise line wants, but they are pushing us to book last minute. Hoping some day they realize their error in judgement but not counting on it.

Exactly!!! I did call about the FOS 12/21 cruise that we got at that low rate and just like you had predicted they said they would have to re-price the cruise.

And that was just to put the balcony discount on, it did not involve any changing of levels.

I wonder if anyone has tried escalating it to Resolutions??

Edit- It was RCL that did not put the discount on when I made the booking

I would fight this one. I can understand them repricing for a new level attained (although I think it's bad customer service) but there is no reason for them to deny a discount that was valid when you booked.

Just another way to piss off their loyal customers in my view. We will be diamond after our next cruise. We have 3 booked, all of which are now priced higher :( We were able to get the new level applied before, now we cannot. Makes you not want to book in advance. Not what the cruise line wants, but they are pushing us to book last minute. Hoping some day they realize their error in judgement but not counting on it.

But if you can't apply the discount because the price has gone up...why would you wait to book and pay the higher price? :confused:

I would fight this one. I can understand them repricing for a new level attained (although I think it's bad customer service) but there is no reason for them to deny a discount that was valid when you booked.

My guess is that they don't want to apply that discount because they got a heck of a deal on that FOS Christmas Cruise. I *think* (could be wrong) that they got that $300ish per person deal earlier this week, which was WAY off the going price on that cruise for a few hours.

My guess is that they don't want to apply that discount because they got a heck of a deal on that FOS Christmas Cruise. I *think* (could be wrong) that they got that $300ish per person deal earlier this week, which was WAY off the going price on that cruise for a few hours.

Yes we got the cruise at a very low rate. One of the discount lines is for a CAS savings of $14 per person. The rep said if he took that off and put on the balcony discount the reservation would re-price.

I am leery of taking it to Resolutions since it was such a good deal to begin with. It was most likely a pricing error. It only lasted a short time.