Who misses Diamonds in December and will Royal have it again?

How many Royal fans miss the Diamonds in December cruises? Wonder what the chances are of Royal starting them back up for us. Maybe there would be a small chance that if we let them know early enough they might hear our voices.Come on Royal help us out this December.:)

How many Royal fans miss the Diamonds in December cruises? Wonder what the chances are of Royal starting them back up for us. Maybe there would be a small chance that if we let them know early enough they might hear our voices.Come on Royal help us out this December.:)

What are Diamonds in December cruises?

I have only just turned diamond so it is to do with that or something completely different?

I personally would like to see its return as we are cruising in December now and we will make Diamond this Christmas but I'm not holding my breath on it.

I agree, don't hold your breath over it. I think Royal Caribbean noticed how fast many C&A members were moving up and how crowded the CL and DL's are that they discontinued this promotion. Just my thoughts only.

How many Royal fans miss the Diamonds in December cruises?

I think what they need to do is something like "Plusses to Pinnacle". It's such a huge leap from Plus to Pinnacle that they need something to encourage Plusses to keep sailing with Royal, especially with the way Royal is chipping away at the benefits that still exist. Many Plusses have mentioned on other threads that they have little incentive to stay loyal to Royal and are exploring other lines. In the longterm, that can't be good for business.

I think what they need to do is something like "Plusses to Pinnacle". It's such a huge leap from Plus to Pinnacle that they need something to encourage Plusses to keep sailing with Royal, especially with the way Royal is chipping away at the benefits that still exist. Many Plusses have mentioned on other threads that they have little incentive to stay loyal to Royal and are exploring other lines. In the longterm, that can't be good for business.

It could be a godsend for them in th elongterm to get rid of a few D+ on the way to Pinnacle.

I know CC is not the majority and I´m not talking about all D+´s but read the Posts on here. Many Keep complaining about the lesser perks they get, lesser Service etc.

It´s mostly the experienced cruiser and on the same page These are the ones with the biggest perks and Discounts.

Now if they can get rid of some of These there will be less complaints, they can water down things even more with less People recognizing and complaining about it. Double win for them.

Let´s face it, they created a Monster and they don´t Need more of those advancing quicker to get into the entitlement mood.

It could be a godsend for them in th elongterm to get rid of a few D+ on the way to Pinnacle.

I know CC is not the majority and I´m not talking about all D+´s but read the Posts on here. Many Keep complaining about the lesser perks they get, lesser Service etc.

It´s mostly the experienced cruiser and on the same page These are the ones with the biggest perks and Discounts.

Now if they can get rid of some of These there will be less complaints, they can water down things even more with less People recognizing and complaining about it. Double win for them.

Let´s face it, they created a Monster and they don´t Need more of those advancing quicker to get into the entitlement mood.

Totally agree with everything you said. Royal is looking to attract the first time cruisers and their friends and families. There are too many people in an entitlement mode both on this board and onboard.

Totally agree with everything you said. Royal is looking to attract the first time cruisers and their friends and families. There are too many people in an entitlement mode both on this board and onboard.

I don't feel like I am entitled I just like and appreciate what RCCL has given us.

I realize that they are after new cruisers and families. We usually cruise 5 to 6 times a year and usually in JS, so my point is shouldn't RCCL be able to entice new cruisers and also remember the loyal cruisers. I would think that as a company they would want to do both. We will never reach the top tier but just enjoy cruising and love it. Diamonds in December was great would be nice to have something like it again.

I don't feel entitled either. And not all D+'s and above feel like that. It is just some that feel they are better than most. I don't like being put down just because we are D+. We spent a lot of money and time on cruises with Royal (mostly in inside cabins too). It was our choice and will continue to be our choice. I enjoy anything we are offered and appreciate what they give us. That is what keeps us loyal to Royal.

Gwen :)

Diamonds in December was a GREAT marketing plan. It filled ships, in December that as a very low season. By continuing it for a few years it got loyal RCI cruisers used to sailing in December. The fact we are still talking about it today just proves it's viability. Like all good decisions, RCI has moved on to other promotions. I do wish that people would stop insinuating that RCI does not want D+ or higher loyalty members. RCI hasn't dropped any perks in fact they have added D lounges to all ships. I've been cruising with RCI for a long time and the perks have gotten better... and the price of a cruise has dropped. So... don't expect Diamonds in December to come back... but RCI will continue to court loyal cruises and attract new cruises... both are an excellent marketing play.

We have sailed in the second or third week of December probably for the past 6 or 7 years because that is a great time for me at my job. I loved the Diamonds in December promotion for the points. However, last December we were on the Freedom. There were so many D, D+ and Pinnacle that they had the evening cocktail hour in the Pharoh's, where it was always quite full, and if you went into the Concierge Lounge, the Concierge treated us as if we were untouchables. I would go in at 3:30 for a cup of coffee and there were people already staking their tables. I think most people booked it assuming Diamonds in December would be back and of course it wasn't. That being said we still had an awesome time and I wouldn't trade cruising with Royal for anything (except next year when we try Celebrity!).

Yes, i believe RCCL is interested in first time cruisers, and families. If you can get a senior officer or corporate person to talk, they they will admit that the first time cruiser is much more valuable to them then a high-level cruiser, especially if that first time cruiser books an expensive suite. First-timers spend lots of money compared to others.

M

Yes, i believe RCCL is interested in first time cruisers, and families. If you can get a senior officer or corporate person to talk, they they will admit that the first time cruiser is much more valuable to them then a high-level cruiser, especially if that first time cruiser books an expensive suite. First-timers spend lots of money compared to others.

M

If RCI could fill their ships with first time cruisers then C&A would not exist. The goal is to turn first time cruisers into Diamonds. Valuable is all relative.

If RCI could fill their ships with first time cruisers then C&A would not exist. The goal is to turn first time cruisers into Diamonds. Valuable is all relative.

I agree with you about the goal but I think Royal would prefer for them to progress to Diamond and Diamond+ at a slower rate. Fewer ways of earning extra points helps in that process.

Last year, while we didn't get extra points, we got lovely calendars that we are currently using. One of the things I liked about the December promotion were the extra "gifts" we found on our beds. My granddaughter still uses my hydration bottle and we continue to use the nice zipped tote bags. I liked these small gifts and, while I know they didn't cost the line a fortune, they bought a lot of good will (and still bring a smile to my face). They also provide a lot of free advertising for the line when I use them here at home when shopping, etc.

What are Diamonds in December cruises?

I have only just turned diamond so it is to do with that or something completely different?

It was a promotion that was run for a few years in which C & A Diamond members who cruised in December were awarded 2 pts. for each night sailed in a standard stateroom and 3 pts. for each night sailed in a JS or higher.

The last promotion was December 2012.

Edited by leaveitallbehind