Which ships have the best suites?

sstraveler

If you are looking for a totally indulgent experience which cruise ships have the best suites?

I am not talking just about the larger cabins but instead the suites loaded with amenities, things like a private dining room or multiple bedrooms or a private hottub or ..... If you really want to splurge on an over the top suite what's the best choices?

I know Royal Caribbean has its Loft Suites but what else is out there for the person who really wants that unique experience?

Celebrity's Penthouse suites, especially after April 1, 2015. In addition to a huge suite with a balcony hot tub, living room, dining room that seats 10, kitchen, butler service, a huge bathroom that's larger than a regular balcony cabin, a second bath with large shower, a self playing baby grand piano, a Premium beverage package that includes most alcohol, free specialty restaurants and a separate suite dining room with an upgraded menu.

If you are looking for a totally indulgent experience which cruise ships have the best suites?

I am not talking just about the larger cabins but instead the suites loaded with amenities, things like a private dining room or multiple bedrooms or a private hottub or ..... If you really want to splurge on an over the top suite what's the best choices?

I know Royal Caribbean has its Loft Suites but what else is out there for the person who really wants that unique experience?

If that's what you're looking for, consider a smaller luxury line - it's not a larger cabin, but it will provide fewer (or no) crowds, an almost-all inclusive experience, terrific food, and relaxed but luxurious surroundings. Do the math for yourself and consider what it buys you, but it may be the indulgent experience you're looking for. Personally, I'd rather have a smaller cabin on a more luxurious cruise than a larger suite on a mass market line.

I've never sailed RCI but have heard a lot about their Haven Suites. Supposed to really nice and great service but some say the service/quality drops sharply when they leave their suite area.

Most of the cruiselines have the BIGGEST suite (usually Presidential) that has a hot tub, and maybe, a piano! Get brochures from all the cruiselines you're considering (they are free...just ask for them) and peruse at your leisure.

Bear in mind that just because you're paying a premium for the space, not all cruiselines give you the same "perks"...so they aren't all created equally!

I've never sailed RCI but have heard a lot about their Haven Suites. Supposed to really nice and great service but some say the service/quality drops sharply when they leave their suite area.

That's NCL that has the Haven Suites. And yes, you are right, the service out the suite is awful. A nice suite isn't thatbgreatvif the rest of the ship sucks.

That's NCL that has the Haven Suites. And yes, you are right, the service out the suite is awful. A nice suite isn't thatbgreatvif the rest of the ship sucks.

You're right....

I know it's NCL and have no idea why my fingers decided to say RCI. :D

Thanks for the correction.

Cunard is famous for their suites. In fact passengers booked in these cabins will have the benefit of an entirely different dining room, smaller and more intimate than the balance of the ship.

The Princess and Queens Grills are the top of the heap on Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. QM2 has the largest and nicest of these suites complete with butler service and a dedicated lounge as well.

Jonathan

Certain levels of NCL suites have butler service, I think it's owner's suites and above.

One somewhat unique thing that I didn't see mentioned was the NCL Garden Villas on some ships, where the balcony is actually a garden with grass/trees, and a hot tub.

Many suites have dining tables/rooms with in-room dining.

The line to stay away from if you want a unique suite experience is Carnival. They have suites, but they're pretty much just bigger rooms with no other perks.

Go to youtube and search for suite and the cruiseline you are intrested in. That will give you an idea of what to expect.

One of the luxury lines including Oceania would be the starting point for me. So many differences that the choice is difficult.

NCL Haven has private courtyard, pool, restaurant. Butler, concierge,

and cabin amenities.

Agree - NCL Haven guests are treated like royalty, we love the suites - the Haven feels like a private Luxury Liner......

I stayed in the Jewel's Garden Villa last year for a 5th./6th. passenger price on a Pacific Coastal cruise. Ice Portal has some wonderful 360 degree shots of this villa which was indeed HUGE: http://iceportal.com/brochures/ice/brochure.aspx?did=4280&brochureid=ICE886&mtype=4457&lang=en&type=vr

In addition to being bigger than my house, suite guests could also use the Haven ammenities which included a separate indoor pool with lounge chairs.

This was a "once in a lifetime" opportunity for me so I appreciated being included. The master bedroom was a suite in itself with a huge soaker tub. The other two bedrooms were quite spacious and our room stewards presented us with towel animals each night.

Theresa, our butler, was fantastic! Each day she arrived with quite the assortment of goodies in the afternoon and then later in the evening. One day we ate so many we never made it to dinner! And when the seas got a little rough and she noticed that some of us were handling it worse than others she quickly came back with some fresh ginger!

Our weather was wet, wet, WET so we really didn't enjoy the outdoor area as much as one would on a warmer cruise and it was really a spacious, beautiful area. There was a table that seated six right next to the hot tub which were both protected from the elements. On the same level there were various cushioned chairs and a sofa. Then you could go upstairs where there was more seating and a huge hammock. Views were incredible from up there!

We ate most breakfasts in Cagneys which was open breakfast & lunch to suite and Haven passengers. I thought their food was quite good and the steaks we had at dinner one night were terrific!

You might want to consider -

Crystal's Serenity / Crystal Penthouse with Verandah (cat CP):

Amenities include a spacious living room, dining area, large private verandah, complimentary wine plus choice of spirits from set menu upon embarkation, complimentary soft drinks, beer and bottled water in room, personal butler service, state-of-the-art Bang and Olufsen sound system, data port for laptop computer hook-up, guest bathroom, large flat-screen televisions in bedroom, living room and bathroom, cordless phone, guest bathroom, pantry and library, large bedroom with queen-size bed or twin beds, and third berth, master bath with Jacuzzi and ocean view, separate shower, bidet, walk-in closet, refrigerator and security safe. (1,345 sq. ft)

Or -

Celebrity's Millenium class / Penthouse Suite (cat PS):

Penthouse Suites feature foyer; separate living and dining rooms; baby grand piano; butler's pantry; motorized draperies, lights and security system; two interactive audio/visual entertainment systems with televisions, DVDs and VCRs; music center; Internet station; veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating. Master bedroom features two lower beds convertible to queen-size bed, extra dressing room with vanity, powder room with shower, marble master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. (Stateroom: 1,432 sq. ft.; Veranda 1,098 sq. ft.)

Or -

Royal Caribbean's Genesis class / Royal Loft Suite with Balcony (cat RL):

Two deck high stateroom with panoramic views. Master bedroom and bath on second level. Bath has a tub, shower, two sinks and bidet. Stairway to second level. Four twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long beds. Bath with shower on main level. Private balcony with whirlpool and dining area. Dining area with dry bar. Living room sofa converts to double bed. Closets on each level. Stateroom can accommodate up to 6 guests. (1,599 sq. ft., balcony 874 sq. ft.)

Or -

Royal Caribbean's Freedom class / Presidential Family Suite with Balcony (cat PS):

Two master bedrooms with baths. Two additional bedrooms, each with two Pullman beds and two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Two additional bathrooms with showers and a spacious living area with a sofa bed and dining table. Private balcony with dining area and lounge chairs. Stateroom can accommodate up to 14 guests. (1,209 sq. ft., balcony 805 sq. ft.)

While we didn't find that Oceania's Grand Dining Room food and service even remotely lived up to the hype, their suites are fantastic. On their newer ships you'll find suites that have their own hot tubs, exercise or media rooms. This is in addition to separate living, dining and bed rooms. Some have an additional powder room.

As much as I love RCI. cruise with them often now and familiar with their Loft Suites, RCI and NCL with their Haven suites are not luxury cruise lines. Also love the Celebrity Solstice class ships and their suites, they are a step above Royal which are both owned by RCI.

If you want total indulgence or a unique experience go with a luxury cruise line like Crystal or Regent, everything is more upscale and of course, you are paying more money on those cruise lines. Have not been on Cunard, so can not comment on their suites.

Another vote for a Celebrity S class Penthouse suite. If you are sailing on the Reflection, try a reflection suite. They have new perks for suite guests. In addition to a butler who, especially in the top suites will help make your vacation special. The suites are beautiful and comfortable- if you want to host a party- you have plenty of room available for many guests and a butler to facilitate your requests. Celebrity is upgrading it's suite perks. The ships will have special suite only dining rooms and a lounge dedicated for those suite guests. Also, as you said RC has the Loft Suites which are great! They also have a dedicated lounge for those sailing in Grand Suites and above.

You cannot go wrong with Celebrity or Royal- my two favorite cruise lines! Enjoy your cruise.

Cunard is famous for their suites. In fact passengers booked in these cabins will have the benefit of an entirely different dining room, smaller and more intimate than the balance of the ship.

The Princess and Queens Grills are the top of the heap on Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth. QM2 has the largest and nicest of these suites complete with butler service and a dedicated lounge as well.

Jonathan

Indeed, CUNARD!