Travel Agent Offer

trbarton

I've found a new travel agent that is offering me $200 back on the Princess Anniversary Cruise, December 2015 if I were to change my reservation from Princess.

I'm looking at this offer. What kind of questions would you ask of a new agent and what things should I look out for? He emailed me a form to send to Princess if I decide to change.

Thanks for your help!

Tom:)

Guest USC Traveler

the 50th anniversary cruise is going to be so special, why would you cancel it for any amount? don't you want to enjoy the experience? i wish i had known about that cruise so i could have joined it but its too late now. do you really feel $200 is worth giving up the cruise?

the 50th anniversary cruise is going to be so special, why would you cancel it for any amount? don't you want to enjoy the experience? i wish i had known about that cruise so i could have joined it but its too late now. do you really feel $200 is worth giving up the cruise?

I think the OP was not being asked to cancel but to transfer their booking to a travel agent

Cancellation and change fees (outside of what Princess charges). Make sure that if you cancel, they won't charge you anything. Some agents charge if you change cabins, dining arrangements, etc.. - I would just ask if there are any extra charges involved.

Personally, I prefer to work with an agent compared to Princess. I would not hesitate to transfer the booking to the agent.

They were asking to change from Princess to an agent.

If you are still interested, there are agents out there with group space. I am sure you could still find a cabin if you are interested.

I've found a new travel agent that is offering me $200 back on the Princess Anniversary Cruise, December 2015 if I were to change my reservation from Princess.

I'm looking at this offer. What kind of questions would you ask of a new agent and what things should I look out for? He emailed me a form to send to Princess if I decide to change.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure what you are asking here. Is the TA offering to give you $200 if you switch your current booking from a direct-through-Princess booking to the TA but still get to take the cruise or are they asking you to give up your booking on the cruise entirely in exchange for $200 so they can sell the booking to someone else (or use it themselves)?

EDIT: Holy cow! I fiddle with a response for a minute or so and look how many folks replied in that short time!

Edited by Thrak

Sorry about the confusion that I have created. I have a booking for the Anniversary Cruise, December 2015. I found a new agent, my current booking is with Princess, and when I asked what they could offer if I were to switch my booking and tey offered $200 to change to them from Princess.

So that's why you see my post, as to what questions to ask, if I were to change my current booking from Princess to them.

USC Traveler...Sorry if you thought that I wanted to cancel my reservation. My only question was what to ask a new agent.

All answers welcome.

I don't know if the Anniversary Cruise is "extra special" regarding the fares but I can usually get a reduction in fare of about 10 to 15% when going from a Princess booking to a TA booking. If $200 in OBC is effectively a reduction in that range I'd be OK with that, otherwise I'd check other agents.

The offer was cash or OBC.

i knew what you meant from the start and that sounds ok if you can get some extra obc, most TA's can always beat the cruise lines fare

The offer was cash or OBC.
You can do a lot better getting both a discounted fare plus OBC. I did for that sailing. Go with an agent recommended by friends or someone you respect. The most important thing is to book with a TA or directly that you are most comfortable with and get the best response/service. Edited by Pam in CA

Guest USC Traveler

t barton...thanks for the clarification.

when i first knew about the cruise i contacted my online ta, who is superb at bookings and discounts, and she told me the cruise was sold out she couldn't get me a cabin. oh well, i'll just have to do another cruise.

when i first knew about the cruise i contacted my online ta, who is superb at bookings and discounts, and she told me the cruise was sold out she couldn't get me a cabin. oh well, i'll just have to do another cruise.

Keep trying. People keep booking and joining the roll call so some cabins must be opening up. I'll guarantee there's turnover between now and next September 2015 when final payment is due.

I know there are other TAs who still have group space. If you are interested, I would do some more searching for agents with group space. When I spoke to my agent the other day, she still had a few cabins.

Edited by Coral

Thanks for your help!

which ship is this you're referring too?

Pacific Princess

Thank You.

I just looked at an online booking place and they had cabins. Maybe Princess is holding back a bit to make this cruise seem more exclusive? The prices also seemed higher per say then usual, another way to make it seem exclusive?

Thanks for your help!

One thing I'd ask is if they had fees for any changes. Some agents will never have a change fee, others will charge you for any little thing.

Guest USC Traveler

i just sent an email to my usual travel agent, pam in ca you probably know who i mean, and asked again to try to find me the type of cabin i like for the cruise. i'll let you know what she writes back.

if its meant to be, it will be. otherwise i can always do another princess cruise in 2015.

Guest USC Traveler

here's the reply i just received from my travel agent. so, if you are booked on the cruise, enjoy yourself. i'm just going to forget about it.

"It’s all showing sold out. I’m sure it’s all a waitlist so if someone were to cancel there is a line to be in to get a cabin. You could put a cash deposit down and try that way. "

here's the reply i just received from my travel agent. so, if you are booked on the cruise, enjoy yourself. i'm just going to forget about it.

"It’s all showing sold out. I’m sure it’s all a waitlist so if someone were to cancel there is a line to be in to get a cabin. You could put a cash deposit down and try that way. "

Agents who reserved group space may still have cabins. I know mine did this weekend. You would just need to check with other agents. It sounds like this agent didn't get group space or sold out of their group space. Princess direct is sold out.