Just off the Summit yesterday

Pennstatedj

Overall cruise was great. Here are the good things.

Room was 1124. Room Steward was Santana and was a veteran of 24 years. He was outstanding. Just like a trained butler you would have in a suite. Totally aware of your needs.

We ate all meals in Blu. We had Collin and Anthony for most evenings. We did not do any speciality restaurants because service and meals were good to excellent. Normally we do at least Three a cruise.

We spent each morning in Cafe Bacio and service there was outstanding.

We did Martini bar for happy hour before Elite lounge on three evenings. Service with Robert and AA was great. Martinis were good. We knew Robert from Soltice and AA was a friend of another Martini bar tender friend. So we clicked and had fun.

Captain Club hostess was Ashley and she is outstanding. Nice person and talked with her a lot at cocktail party each day. All captain club events were good. There were not many elites on this cruise maybe 70 plus.

Piano player was the best. Jordan was as good as it gets. He played to a full house at any of his shows and there were many. He played Billy Joel, Elton John, and just about anyone you could think of. He was the best player I have experienced in 62 Cruises.

Shows were good.

One show was a 5 person group of tenors that decided to be a rock group. They are from London and really rocked the place. They just came from Las Vegas and seem to be auditioning for their future. They were really entertaining. I have never seen the theater rock like that in X. They played Kiss, Led Zep, and many others.

Bermuda was fabulous. We did a private tour with Dennis Hollis. He took us everywhere and we had a fun and learned a lot. I would do it again.

Now for the bad news. We had toilet flushing problem all week and then on Friday it went very bad. Not working. No one would answer the phone. Bottom line was not fixed until 24 hours went by. And on last day it did not work again when we left. My brother was on Port side in 1127 and he had issues all week.

So, I do not know what problem was and if it is fixed but it would make me hesitate to go on Summit again.

It was a shame to end cruise that way. The worse part was no one seemed to care. Only Ashley, CC hostess, cared and she was one who finally got me an answer late in the day.

Getting on and off ship was easy. We were aqua class and elite plus. The new aqua service in blu on embarkation was outstanding. What a great way to board.

One other comment on new buffet for lunch. My wife and I loved it. Little baskets were neat. They still are working on it. So it is still improving. It does make it a different experience of buffet serving. The secret is to make several trips to buffet which we as passengers do not like to do.

All in All a great cruise.

We will be on Silhouette for 29 day in October. Cannot wait.

I've read several posts over the last year since they added the extra deck of AquaClass cabins on the M class sips that there are recurring plumbing issues up there. Seems like I'm always seeing a carpet drying fan in the hallways of these spaces on Summit and Connie.

Piano player was the best. Jordan was as good as it gets. He played to a full house at any of his shows and there were many. He played Billy Joel, Elton John, and just about anyone you could think of. He was the best player I have experienced in 62 Cruises.

Thanks for the nice comments about our son, Jordan. He loves his job! We loved the Summit last year in Bermuda...wish we could go again!!

Pennstatedj -- Thanks for your wonderful, well-balanced review. It made me look at my Summit count-down clock and wish our cruise was closer! :cool:

One question about Jordan: his folks recently posted that he has a CD coming out, later this month. Are the "powers that be" on X allowing him to perform any of his own music -- or is he having to stick to his classic cover songs, at this point?

Also, did you catch any of the "54 Below" performances? Was the 5-tenor rock band one of those featured acts?

And, sorry to hear about your plumbing problems -- those can really rain on your parade, so to speak. We still refer to one of our RC sailings (several years ago) as "the cold-shower cruise". ;)

One question about Jordan: his folks recently posted that he has a CD coming out, later this month. Are the "powers that be" on X allowing him to perform any of his own music -- or is he having to stick to his classic cover songs, at this point?

I am guessing that is somebody requested his original music, he would be compelled to perform it-he must please the guests! Hope you enjoy him. We would love to go to Bermuda again!

How was 1124? I will be doing 1125 next Sept 2015 to the Panama Canal. Do you have any photo's of the room & balcony? How much room is on the balcony, was there a overhang for rain & sun?

I will be doing photo trip, that's why I'm concerned.

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

Overall cruise was great. Here are the good things.

Room was 1124. Room Steward was Santana and was a veteran of 24 years. He was outstanding. Just like a trained butler you would have in a suite. Totally aware of your needs.

We ate all meals in Blu. We had Collin and Anthony for most evenings. We did not do any speciality restaurants because service and meals were good to excellent. Normally we do at least Three a cruise.

We spent each morning in Cafe Bacio and service there was outstanding.

We did Martini bar for happy hour before Elite lounge on three evenings. Service with Robert and AA was great. Martinis were good. We knew Robert from Soltice and AA was a friend of another Martini bar tender friend. So we clicked and had fun.

Captain Club hostess was Ashley and she is outstanding. Nice person and talked with her a lot at cocktail party each day. All captain club events were good. There were not many elites on this cruise maybe 70 plus.

Shows were good.

One show was a 5 person group of tenors that decided to be a rock group. They are from London and really rocked the place. They just came from Las Vegas and seem to be auditioning for their future. They were really entertaining. I have never seen the theater rock like that in X. They played Kiss, Led Zep, and many others.

Bermuda was fabulous. We did a private tour with Dennis Hollis. He took us everywhere and we had a fun and learned a lot. I would do it again.

Now for the bad news. We had toilet flushing problem all week and then on Friday it went very bad. Not working. No one would answer the phone. Bottom line was not fixed until 24 hours went by. And on last day it did not work again when we left. My brother was on Port side in 1127 and he had issues all week.

So, I do not know what problem was and if it is fixed but it would make me hesitate to go on Summit again.

It was a shame to end cruise that way. The worse part was no one seemed to care. Only Ashley, CC hostess, cared and she was one who finally got me an answer late in the day.

Getting on and off ship was easy. We were aqua class and elite plus. The new aqua service in blu on embarkation was outstanding. What a great way to board.

One other comment on new buffet for lunch. My wife and I loved it. Little baskets were neat. They still are working on it. So it is still improving. It does make it a different experience of buffet serving. The secret is to make several trips to buffet which we as passengers do not like to do.

All in All a great cruise.

We will be on Silhouette for 29 day in October. Cannot wait.

Thank you for the review, and sorry about the plumbing problems that you have experienced. We'll send this over to be fixed right away, so that others don't experience this problem in the future.

Some one really needs to look into the overall plumbing on this ship. We had a toilet problem last September 2013 and this past May we sailed to Bermuda with our friends and they had to have their toilet replaced, after not working most of the week and then also their shower was replaced. We also had a leak in our bathroom. Our room was on deck 7 their room was on deck 3. When we had the toilet problem in 2013 our room was on deck 3.

I wonder if the addition of all those extra cabins during the solsticization has strained the plumbing on the ship?

Did you attend the morning Elite breakfast in Normandie? I know they had to do away with the little buffet because of health dept reasons -- no sneeze screen, and we had the 3 tiered plates of pastry, fruit, and meats & cheese. They had to discard any food left over because they couldn't serve it to anyone else.

Have they worked out a solution to that?

Thanks for the nice comments about our son, Jordan. He loves his job! We loved the Summit last year in Bermuda...wish we could go again!!

We are sailing on the Summit 8/3 Will your son Jordon be preforming then ?

I am guessing that is somebody requested his original music, he would be compelled to perform it-he must please the guests! Hope you enjoy him. We would love to go to Bermuda again!

Thanks for all of your updates and links for Jordan. We are looking forward to seeing him again, on our Labor Day Summit cruise (last sailing of the Bermuda season). Wish you guys could join us for that one -- we have an awesome roll-call going, including several Jordan Peterson fans! :cool:

Great review, thanks a lot! We are sailing her this coming August and are going to be in Aqua Class as well, what new stuff is going on with the embarkation in Blu? :confused:

Summit is testing an embarkation brunch in BLU for Aqua guests and Normandie for Suite guests. Currently it's the only ship they are doing this on.

A limited menu to order from, seems like maybe 5 or 6 choices or so if I remember,

Thanks for the review! We leave in 20 days on the Summit, also AQ deck 11. We will be in 1138 so hope we have the same room steward. Last one we had wasn't that great. A little wary of the toilet issues. Hope they get fixed. And, we have a tour booked with Dennis Hollis as well!! (Great minds think alike). Would you mind sharing highlights of the tour? How long did you go? Any hits or misses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Summit 8/3 Will your son Jordon be preforming then ?

Yes, he is on the Summit until Sept. 21st. Back on Celebrity again on the Millenium from January 18 - May, 2015. Hope you enjoy him!

Yes, he is on the Summit until Sept. 21st. Back on Celebrity again on the Millenium from January 18 - May, 2015. Hope you enjoy him!

Thank you for the quick response. From what I have heard about your son's talented preformances I'm in for a treat

Summit is testing an embarkation brunch in BLU for Aqua guests and Normandie for Suite guests. Currently it's the only ship they are doing this on.

A limited menu to order from, seems like maybe 5 or 6 choices or so if I remember,

DH and I sailed on the Summit b2b in May, and we were delighted with the embarkation brunch at Normandie. It was a lovely way to begin our wonderful adventure and came as a nice surprise. In fact, we've booked the same b2b for next year. Yes, the menu is special for the brunch, and it does contain a limited number of choices. The choices, however, are all very appealing.

I've read several posts over the last year since they added the extra deck of AquaClass cabins on the M class sips that there are recurring plumbing issues up there. Seems like I'm always seeing a carpet drying fan in the hallways of these spaces on Summit and Connie.

Was not aware of posts about this. Is there a specific thread about it? Maybe one should be started.

Seems they have similar issues that Radiance of Seas Royal had repreatedly some years ago....same age and style of ship.....not very pleasant! We lucked out but neighbors on Deck 8 Radiance on either side of hump cabins were not so fortunate...we had to avoid wet carpets and odors and were nervous we'd have isues too. Heard they switched out some of the plumbing but have been sticking w/newer ships lately.

Can you possibly pinpoint the decks and location of where you observed fans on Connie...we have a 9 night cruise booked on her and hope all will be well! It' s a great itin......

Thanks to OP for a helpful review!

Edited by hcat

Was not aware of posts about this. Is there a specific thread about it? Maybe one should be started.

Seems they have similar issues that Radiance of Seas Royal had repreatedly some years ago....same age and style of ship.....not very pleasant! We lucked out but neighbors on Deck 8 Radiance on either side of hump cabins were not so fortunate...we had to avoid wet carpets and odors and were nervous we'd have isues too. Heard they switched out some of the plumbing but have been sticking w/newer ships lately.

Can you possibly pinpoint the decks and location of where you observed fans on Connie...we have a 9 night cruise booked on her and hope all will be well! It' s a great itin......

Thanks to OP for a helpful review!

There's been no single thread, just a post here and there about plumbing or HVAC issues in reviews of cruises when people get back, and generally on the new deck that was added with Aqua, forget the deck number believe 11.

We were aqua class and elite plus. The new aqua service in blu on embarkation was outstanding. What a great way to board.

Thanks for the report, what was the new servicce in Blu? was it because your were aqua or was it because your are elite plus? does anybody know if this is on other ships or just the Summit

Thanks for the report, what was the new servicce in Blu? was it because your were aqua or was it because your are elite plus? does anybody know if this is on other ships or just the Summit

Embarkation lunch on Summit is offered in BLU for Aqua passengers and Normandie for Suite passengers.

There is no special embarkation lunch just for having any sort of Elite status in the Captain's Club.

Presently only offered on Summit. Summit is doing many experiments this summer in many areas of the ship, including hotel side and F&B side. I expect many will roll out fleet wide at some point, but which ones is yet to be determined.

Edited by cle-guy