Nautica Cruise Director Missing - News Blackout

LAexNY

We are aboard Nautica - on Day 10 of the 20 day Viking Odyssey cruise. After Day 2, the C.D. disappeared and has not been seen or heard from since. There has been zero information given as to what happened to him. He is presumably off the ship, either ill or with a family emergency. Not a word about it in Currents. The assistant C..D. (who is a member of the entertainment team) has been doing very abbreviated morning announcements and very few other announcements. Rumor has it that Nolan Dean is being flown in and will join the ship in Reykjavik in a few days as a replacement C.D.

Things do happen but it is bizarre that there has been no information given.

We are aboard Nautica - on Day 10 of the 20 day Viking Odyssey cruise. After Day 2, the C.D. disappeared and has not been seen or heard from since. There has been zero information given as to what happened to him. He is presumably off the ship, either ill or with a family emergency. Not a word about it in Currents. The assistant C..D. (who is a member of the entertainment team) has been doing very abbreviated morning announcements and very few other announcements. Rumor has it that Nolan Dean is being flown in and will join the ship in Reykjavik in a few days as a replacement C.D.

Things do happen but it is bizarre that there has been no information given.

Hope he's OK wherever he is.

Only one thing better than abbreviated announcements, no announcements.

Thanks, Lynne. I speak to Larraine every day. The point of my post is the mysterious absence of any information being given to us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Lynne. I speak to Larraine every day. The point of my post is the mysterious absence of any information being given to us.

[/quote

I am on the next cruise, and I can assure you, I am not staying awake or taking more meds because of this "mysterious absence". I have never believed that the CD is all that important. It the ports, the ship and fellow pax that make a difference. I know I am odd, but I don't pay thousands of dollars to play trivia with the CD.

Since I'm not a trivia addict, I probably won't notice if the CD was gone, or had been replaced. I don't remember ever needing an 8:00 announcement telling me which port I was in. But, for those trivia addicts and people that don't/can't keep up with the schedule, I guess it's an important thing.

I'm not seeing any "mysterious absence" here either. You know the CD had to leave for personal reasons and that O is working on finding a replacement. Until the replacement is confirmed there is nothing to report I'm afraid.

There is still the mystery of what happened to Roy Perez...an amiable CD...the nautical legend is that he offended a passenger with ties to corporate during a fateful round if trivia, and was banished or didn't have his contract renewed...

Harry

I'm with pinotlover above.

There have been two CDs, one on Regent and one on Oceania, that I wish had disappeared in the early stages of our respective cruises.

What is it about a microphone and a PA system that is so addictive to Cruise Directors? Talk about loving to hear the sound of their own voices…and where do they get their material? Mrs. Ferguson's Comedy & Childcare Company? Oy!

We miss Giuseppe.

We were on Nautica Feb-March 9, 2014 and Willie was our CD and had to get off toward the end of the cruise, as his daughter had been in an accident plus he was getting married, but we were all given notice via the grapevine. Hope this CD and his family are OK.