Nice Changes Coming...

Working 2 Cruise

If you ever wanted to prepay for shore excursions, specialty restaurants etc. Online.... it shouldn't be long. There are more changes as to how we search online for our cruises. It's going to be great, Princess has really been listening.

Where did you see these changes?

If you ever wanted to prepay for shore excursions, specialty restaurants etc. Online.... it shouldn't be long. There are more changes as to how we search online for our cruises. It's going to be great, Princess has really been listening.

I hope not, I am not in favor of pre booking restaurants before boarding.

It works fine as it is. Otherwise a spur of the moment trip to the CG/Sabatinis may be a thing of the past. :mad:

It works fine as it is. Otherwise a spur of the moment trip to the CG/Sabatinis may be a thing of the past. :mad:

Not good-looking but rather pre-paying... I, for one, would like to be able to do all of this line, so once on the ship... Zero bill at the end.

Technically you can pre pay now.

Technically, yes... but now, we still have to call and just put onboard credit on your account. The other way, not only can you do everything online and not have to deal with a rep, but everything would be allocated, hopefully properly...

Technically, yes... but now, we still have to call and just put onboard credit on your account. The other way, not only can you do everything online and not have to deal with a rep, but everything would be allocated, hopefully properly...

And whats not good looking got to do with it? :eek:

Technically you can pre pay now.

Watch it be like the other cruise lines where you have to pay for your excursions up front when you reserve them as opposed to on the ship. And if you cancel, there is a penalty.

This actually sounds like a negative change.

Edited by Casey12

Watch it be like the other cruise lines where you have to pay for your excursions up front when you reserve them as opposed to on the ship. And if you cancel, there is a penalty.

This actually sounds like a negative change.

Honestly, I don't think that's going to happen. I think Princess is trying to make things more convenient for us so that we book more cruises!

Nina for what it's worth thanks for the heads up about potential changes. Good or bad it's still interesting to know that Princess is working on things.

OP only said "pre-pay", not pre-book.

Just like you can pre-pay now, but have to call or fax to do it.

You can "pre-pay" tips now but all you're doing is sending yourself OBC in the amount of the tips. I wonder if the so-called "pre-pay" will be the same.

While it's nice to know Princess is thinking of us (don't they always?), this is way too vague to apply any credence. We'd only be guessing.

Edited by Pam in CA

Yeah, listening to the bean counters...

I actually like this idea IF IT IS ALLOCATED to where you want it. If you pre pay for excursions, could you cancel and get a refund? If you pre-book a restaurant, couldn’t you cancel if your plans change? The more I can prepay the better I like it. I hate a huge credit card bill at the end....takes away from all the fun I had. As you can probably tell, however, I am a pay as you go type person.

I actually like this idea IF IT IS ALLOCATED to where you want it. If you pre pay for excursions, could you cancel and get a refund? If you pre-book a restaurant, couldn’t you cancel if your plans change? The more I can prepay the better I like it. I hate a huge credit card bill at the end....takes away from all the fun I had. As you can probably tell, however, I am a pay as you go type person.

Problem is if you "have" to prepay, you can't use your OBC and Princess gives lots of OBC.