Hangers, Hangers, Hangers!

Marieze

Well, what can I say.....We live in Portland, OR and are driving up to Seattle tomorrow. I am packing and quite frankly, pretty much taking everything we own haha!!!

I have seen people post that you can always ask the steward for additional hangers, but are they the wire kind? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "hangar snob", but wondered if I should being a bunch of my own as I hate what those wire hangars do to clothes!!

Thanks for your quick reply as again, I'm in the midst of packing!

Thanks!

Marieze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, what can I say.....We live in Portland, OR and are driving up to Seattle tomorrow. I am packing and quite frankly, pretty much taking everything we own haha!!!

I have seen people post that you can always ask the steward for additional hangers, but are they the wire kind? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "hangar snob", but wondered if I should being a bunch of my own as I hate what those wire hangars do to clothes!!

Thanks!

Marieze

Nope...they're made of wood...

I always ask for extra hangers and usually get wood hangers but sometimes there are a few wire hangers. I'm just glad for more of any kind--I'm not packing hangers!

I think you could probably ask for just wood hangers--if they are available, your steward will get them.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

I always specifically request wooden hangers. On princess, this is never been a problem. I did have a room Steward bring me a handful of ratty wire hangers on Holland America. My husband sent the wire hangers back and asked for wooden ones. I am with you, I don't like what wire hangers do to my clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are wooden ones in the cabin but whenever we have asked for extra we have recieved wire ones. They don't have tons of extra wooden ones but you can ask.

I have found there are enough wooden hangers in the closet to suit my needs. Unless you are taking a huge amount of clothing, you should be fine with the hangers that are there. (I usually have some I don't use at all.)

I hang everything possible when I unpack and I usually still have to ask them to take hangers away when I am unpacked.

I live in Portland (Lake Oswego) too and it is convenient to be able to cruise from Seattle ..Have a great time ..if the weather there is anything like this it should be awesome!

We always have the problem of too many hangers in the closet. We're probably staying in cabins previously occupied by you people who ask for extra ones. They rattle around unless we make sure to push them all to the wall with our clothes pushed against them.

Thanks!

Marieze

You are taking too much!

A suggestion is to use every other hangar. :)

That's the best tip I've read on here in a while! Thanks, Pam.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Isn't it amazing how such a simple thing can evade most of us? Once it's suggested you can go "D'Oh!" and wonder why you never thought of it. I had rattling hangers on my last cruise but won't have that issue in the future.

The only hangers we bring are the ones (wire to save space) for the garment bag, and we will try to layer clothes on each hanger. When we unpack, we'll use those and the wooden hangers. I don't think we've ever asked for additional hangers even on our two week cruises, but we'll just ask if we do.

In my closet on the Ocean Princess last month were at least 10 wood hangars, at least two of which were non-standard. I tend to use them for shirts and jackets back from the laundry, giving the wire ones back, though pants I keep on the wire hangers until called for.

Edited by Wehwalt

If you really don’t want to run the chance of being supplied with wire hangers, you could buy cheap plastic hangers, pack around them and just leave them on the ship--using that luggage space for souvenirs to take home. The wooden hangers provided by the ship take up quite a bit of space on the hanging rod--you might be better off having the plastic ones which would be thinner. I roll our knit shirts and leave them in a see-through bag on a closet shelf--that saves quite a bit of closet space. But that’s not everybody’s choice! The semi-walk-in closet on Princess is very handy.