Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

We all know by now the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam are the best ships in the fleet...I'm sure they'll have a variety of pies to photograph...

No other ship sailing the oceans today have as good apple pies as Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. Their apple pies allow more fork space, more toppings and more elegant plating than any ship ever. Especially NCL which I've never been on but can declare to have the worst apple pies afloat.

I thought HAL was standardizing across the fleet!!!

I wonder if there are different apple pie standards on the Nudist Cruise, or the RSVP cruises......

All bets are off when it comes to the new class ship.

All very hush hush.

I hate to speculate :eek: but I think the Pinnacle Class ship guests will be able to pre-order their pies.

All bets are off when it comes to the new class ship.

All very hush hush.

I hate to speculate :eek: but I think the Pinnacle Class ship guests will be able to pre-order their pies.

at a nominal fee I am sure:p:rolleyes:;)

I was reading this thread and I swear there was an ad at the bottom for Redi-Whip. :D

Still waiting for a press release from HAL to either deny or confirm the apple pie rumors.

I would not want my apple pie on a table outside a lanai cabin, because someone is bound to pilfer it. Then I'd have to go to the front desk and complain. Or should I ask the hotel manager? Maybe they'd move me to a better cabin, so I'd have privacy and no pilferage.

I think the pies will fit into the room safe - :p

Carol

I think the pies will fit into the room safe - :p

Carol

Good plan! A pie safe, as it were. ;)

Do the cabin stewards clean the safes? I don't want someone else's pie crumbs to get into my pie.

Do I tip the steward after he cleans the safe, if I find crumbs when I board? Or is that covered in the daily service charge?

Something just really struck me funny! On Carnival their new American Table Menu in the MDR actually does put a whole pie on the table to be shared for Dessert! :D I bet though that Carnival's pie doesn't hold a fork to HAL's! :p

Good plan! A pie safe, as it were. ;)

Do the cabin stewards clean the safes? I don't want someone else's pie crumbs to get into my pie.

Do I tip the steward after he cleans the safe, if I find crumbs when I board? Or is that covered in the daily service charge?

are you having apple pie or apple crumble? that will determine how many crumbs, and if it will be covered by daily gratuity charge. It may be additional ($5 pp) to attend to the cleanup of apple crumble....

Please note: apple crumble may not always be available, and is NOT included in your Explore 4 Apple package.

Carol

are you having apple pie or apple crumble? that will determine how many crumbs, and if it will be covered by daily gratuity charge. It may be additional ($5 pp) to attend to the cleanup of apple crumble....

Please note: apple crumble may not always be available, and is NOT included in your Explore 4 Apple package.

Carol

Too good :D:D

You seem to be very familiar with the Apple packages.

Can you confirm if the Crème Brulee in the MDR & the Pinnacle are being replaced by apple pie please? Someone in Seattle told me it was:eek:

Too good :D:D

You seem to be very familiar with the Apple packages.

Can you confirm if the Crème Brulee in the MDR & the Pinnacle are being replaced by apple pie please? Someone in Seattle told me it was:eek:

As the Pinnacle Grill menu offerings have become "stale" with no changes to the selections for many years (not my opinion, just what has been stated by some CC posters via staff comments) , may we introduce

Baked Apple Cinammon Creme Brulee -

This crème brûlée is cinnamon-scented and is baked inside an apple. Coated with a thin layer of caramelized sugar, this is like a candy apple for adults.

At the time of this announcement, it is not known for sure if there will be a slight surcharge to order this dessert. Please be sure to indicate your selection of this item at the time you order your evening meal, as these are prepared on demand.

Your Pinnacle Grill host/hostess will be glad to attend to any questions regarding this selection.

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

As the Pinnacle Grill menu offerings have become "stale" with no changes to the selections for many years (not my opinion, just what has been stated by some CC posters via staff comments) , may we introduce

Baked Apple Cinammon Creme Brulee -

This crème brûlée is cinnamon-scented and is baked inside an apple. Coated with a thin layer of caramelized sugar, this is like a candy apple for adults.

At the time of this announcement, it is not known for sure if there will be a slight surcharge to order this dessert. Please be sure to indicate your selection of this item at the time you order your evening meal, as these are prepared on demand.

Your Pinnacle Grill host/hostess will be glad to attend to any questions tegarding this selection.

Carol

You're going to kill me with laughter.

You're going to kill me with laughter.

thank you, I aim to please!:D

It just keeps getting better and better!

I think we need a group cruise : THE APPLE DUMPLING gang... ( oh no, not another choice for dessert! In the Canaletto? let me check if they can translate that into Italiano!)

Carol

Goes like this:

OP: My TA told me HAL is going to place freshly baked apple pies in all the staterooms on embarkation day. Has anyone else heard about this?

Poster #2: What kind of apples?

#3: I am allergic to apples. I don't want the pie in my room.

#4: Are they going to give us plates and a pie slicer?

#5: We'll need forks too.

#6: Oh, I am so tired of hearing about allergies. Get a life.

#7: I am diabetic and I can't eat pie. I might see if I can get OBC instead.

#8: I wish it were chocolate pie.

#9: Who is your TA? My TA didn't say anything about pie.

#10: Allergies are serious. I have an allergy to peanuts.

#11: Good thing it's not peanut butter pie then.

#12: I suppose this means prices are going to go up.

#13: Do suite guests get a better kind of pie?

#14: What kind of apple pie - Dutch apple pie? This is too vague.

#15: Can't wait to enjoy it on the balcony while I smoke.

#16: If you're smoking on the balcony, I'll have to eat my pie in my room.

#!7: Not another smoking thread.

#18: The smell of apple pie bothers me.

#19: The OP has only 125 posts. Methinks it is a troll.

#20: I just talked to HAL customer service and was told it's a cherry pie.

:D:D:D:D:D

Very funny. This gave me a good laugh. Didn't see the thread about the chocolate diamonds, but I can imagine this is exactly how it would have turned out.

Thanks for the link. I never read that thread -- but in the light of this thread about apple pies, I started laughing ... as if the people being critical were joking!

Hoping we can all be kinder with each other -- and happier about cruising.

Apple pie - should become a stress reliever for us all. :D

(Except for those who don't like apple pie, of course, and complain about seeing the words on almost every thread!)

Edited by Oceanwench

Apple Pie Attire

Apple pie ,sweet apple pie

thou doth make a body sing.

Awaiting in my cabin fair,

oh indeed you're just the thing,

To mark my Hal adventure.

greet all the things I know.

Yes sweet apple pie of mine

'tis sailing I will go.

For certain it's Apple you must be

Not lemon,peach,or cherry

Nay none of them ever will do,

apple lone makes Hal folk merry.

I can not wait to see you.

just knowing you'll be there

fills my happy heart with joy.

Tiny question though,what's a gal to wear?

Love Colleen

I can see a future where the words "Apple Pie" will be used when someone becomes insufferable (come on, we're all guilty at one time or another:o) boastful, harsh, or unwelcoming.

I still want to know about apple pies on the nudist cruise.... where will they put their fork?

Edited by Lizzie68

I can see a future where the words "Apple Pie" will be used when someone becomes insufferable (come on, we're all guilty at one time or another:o) boastful, harsh, or unwelcoming.

I still want to know about apple pies on the nudist cruise.... where will they put their fork?

Yup, I can see it now " take a deep breath and a piece of apple pie" LOL.

I found my slice of apple pie in my cabin and went to eat it on the balcony. The people on the next balcony starting yelling at me to get rid of the pie because they hated the smell of it. So I too my pie and went up stairs to the buffet were I could sit in peace and enjoy it. I sat down at a table and saw that there was no fork. So, I got up and placed my pie on the chair (so no one would steal it) and went to get the fork. As I came back to the table I see the Captain sitting in MY chair and no pie. Oh no, could it be still on the chair! As I got closer to the table the Captain got up with a dish of apple pie stuck to his butt! He greeted me and said it was a sticky day weather wise and hope for a better day tomorrow. Off he went with dish stuck to his butt leaving a trail of apple crumbs behind him.

The question is : Can I get another piece of pie? I did not want to ask for my pie back.

Edited by geocruiser