Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

What if we don't use a metal pie pan, maybe smugle it inside of a fake banjo in our back pack:cool:

Once security looks in your banjo case and finds an apple pie, they'll be so relieved they won't even bother to check your accordion case for the real contraband!

glad you mentioned that...the banjo soloist is replacement for the duo performing classical music, who were a replacement for the original Adagio quartet.

Now I've opened a can of worms regarding musical entertainment!:eek:

Better the worms are in the can than in the apples !

Carol

Regarding the banjo soloist: Maritime laws allow only a banjo soloist, anything else would be cruel to other musicians. Don't even get me started on the accordions!

glad you mentioned that...the banjo soloist is replacement for the duo performing classical music, who were a replacement for the original Adagio quartet.

Now I've opened a can of worms regarding musical entertainment!:eek:

Better the worms are in the can than in the apples !

Carol

Well, you found me out CJ

Yes I am replacing the Adagio quartet, er duo.

Look for me in the daily bulletin, the adagio string [no plural, just string]

About a month ago my Friend introduced us to baked chicken stuffed with Creamed Brie & Apples.. It was very good..

This discussion about Apple Pie prompted me into making the same chicken with the Brie & Apple stuffing for dinner.. Wasn't sure if DH would like it, but he thought it was even better tonight..

Wonder if the HAL Chef's will make it for us on board, or will we be stuck with plain ole Apple Pie?

Edited by serendipity1499

Once again, us Aussies are hard done by. I have contacted HAL Australia and found that booking from here does not entitle us to a slice of the pie. After some complaining though, they have stepped up and have offered me a Vegemite sandwich each day instead.

Why can't HAL spread the Apple Pie pastry with Vegemite?

Fun thread, Kazu! Seems we've been too serious lately. :(

1 of 4 - your comment on the chocolate diamonds touched a nerve with me -- how innocent questions end up stirring all kinds of negativity.

Goes like this:

OP: My TA told me HAL is going to place freshly baked apple pies in all the staterooms on embarkation day. Has anyone else heard about this?

Poster #2: What kind of apples?

#3: I am allergic to apples. I don't want the pie in my room.

#4: Are they going to give us plates and a pie slicer?

#5: We'll need forks too.

#6: Oh, I am so tired of hearing about allergies. Get a life.

#7: I am diabetic and I can't eat pie. I might see if I can get OBC instead.

#8: I wish it were chocolate pie.

#9: Who is your TA? My TA didn't say anything about pie.

#10: Allergies are serious. I have an allergy to peanuts.

#11: Good thing it's not peanut butter pie then.

#12: I suppose this means prices are going to go up.

#13: Do suite guests get a better kind of pie?

#14: What kind of apple pie - Dutch apple pie? This is too vague.

#15: Can't wait to enjoy it on the balcony while I smoke.

#16: If you're smoking on the balcony, I'll have to eat my pie in my room.

#!7: Not another smoking thread.

#18: The smell of apple pie bothers me.

#19: The OP has only 125 posts. Methinks it is a troll.

#20: I just talked to HAL customer service and was told it's a cherry pie.

:D:D:D:D:D

BAAHAAHAA how true. Jeez I feel so sorry for some people when they just make a innocent comment and get blasted. Heaven forbid they only have a few posts

Why can't HAL spread the Apple Pie pastry with Vegemite?

It's because of the difference in regional pricing, I mean eating structure. We are only entitled to the Vegemite, rather than the apple pie, but fortunately for me Vegemite and toast wins hands down every time:D

This has to be the best thread I've read on CC for a very long time! Who knew that apple pie could raise such passions?

Whoops! Did I just go into no-no territory with the word 'passions'? :eek:

Many thanks to Kazu and all the other very clever contributors. :D

I haven't seen my question answered yet. If we have a lanai cabin is there a dedicated pie table outside each cabin on the deck?

Your pie will be on your reserved lanai chair. That is, if the reserved sign is respected :p

We'll be celebrating DH's 1st anniversary of his broken-leg-from-falling-while-picking-apples-atop-the-"do not use this as a step"- step-ladder; do you think we can order an apple pie to surprise him one evening at dinner? He has a wee bit of a phobia about apples now, but I'm sure he won't make too much fuss. He would be SO surprised!!!!!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

This has to be the best thread I've read on CC for a very long time! Who knew that apple pie could raise such passions?

Whoops! Did I just go into no-no territory with the word 'passions'? :eek:

Many thanks to Kazu and all the other very clever contributors. :D

passions!?! You mean I can substitute a passion fruit pie for apple pie...is that an upgrade or an upsell? Can i have this at the Mariner embarkation lunch?:confused:

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

I was reading this thread and I swear there was an ad at the bottom for Redi-Whip. :D

Still waiting for a press release from HAL to either deny or confirm the apple pie rumors.

I would not want my apple pie on a table outside a lanai cabin, because someone is bound to pilfer it. Then I'd have to go to the front desk and complain. Or should I ask the hotel manager? Maybe they'd move me to a better cabin, so I'd have privacy and no pilferage.

With all of this dessert talk I sure hope the toilets flush OK on the new Pinnacle ship. I heard a rumor that only SS cabins and above will have a button to flush. The rest will have a coin slot on the wall. Hopefully they can keep it at 25 cents. Just my luck I'd eat all of that pie and have no quarters.

I've heard some talk that the new Pinnacle ship will have Boston Cream pies instead.

I thought HAL was standardizing across the fleet!!!

I wonder if there are different apple pie standards on the Nudist Cruise, or the RSVP cruises......