Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

HAL will be coming out with a SIGNATURE / EXPLORE 4 APPLE PACKAGE..... you may have up to 15 slices of apple pie a day, must be ordered one at a time, with the choice of different toppings, and CANNOT be consumed by anyone other than package holder...

(valid for pie w/toppings valued at not more than $7 per serving) :p

Carol

My TA told me that HAL will be doing DNA testing on the forks and plates to make sure the pie package isn't shared. I am going to put extra silverware and plates in my suitcase, so I can order the blueberry pie and also eat some of DH' apple pie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by swin26

This thread is hilarious but DW and I are booked in Steerage next week on the Rotterdam out of Rotterdam, so we can’t get Apple Pie… Do you think we can still get Bread Pudding in the Lido?

Chuck

I'm sorry, but do you have to yell at us? Don't you know that it's rude to use the large font?!

Glad to get that off my chest.

Edited by OVgirl

My TA told me that HAL will be doing DNA testing on the forks and plates to make sure the pie package isn't shared. I am going to put extra silverware and plates in my suitcase, so I can order the blueberry pie and also eat some of DH' apple pie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My TA has just informed me, with all the "apple-pie" madness/mania/bruhaha and problems arising from it - HAL will be taking apple pie off the menu in the near future...The Pinnacle Grill , due to the "staleness" of its menu over the years, has already discontinued any apple desserts....There is a possibility of a newly created specialty restaurant (extra charge) - GOLDEN DELICIOUS OFFERINGS - which will be the only place to serve apple pie.

Carol

I'll be sailing Rotterdam in a few weeks to Norway. Does anyone know if the smaller European apple pies will be catered to instead of the larger American apple pies since the European ones clearly pay bottom dollar?

As an American I cannot stand to see those pies who are smaller get more attention.

My TA has just informed me, with all the "apple-pie" madness/mania/bruhaha and problems arising from it - HAL will be taking apple pie off the menu in the near future...The Pinnacle Grill , due to the "staleness" of its menu over the years, has already discontinued any apple desserts....There is a possibility of a newly created specialty restaurant (extra charge) - GOLDEN DELICIOUS OFFERINGS - which will be the only place to serve apple pie.

Carol

Or, maybe at the GALA'S....such as the Black and White Ball?

Edited by innlady1

OV Girl, and All,

I am so sorry for the large Font... I really didn't mean to turn this beautiful, funny thread into a "Negative"...

Sorry again and I will lurk and not reply in the future

Chuck

That's okay, all is forgiven. I didn't really mean to get you upset. Guess on the internet you can't see my facial expressions and body language.

We also sail in steerage and believe there is a learning curve when you sail on a luxury line like HAL. We don't often get the specialties like apple pie at home, so will be looking forward to it as well.

Not to be facetious, but does anyone know where and when the "Friends of The Slice" meetings are held ? ? ? Please, no flamers; one of us needs to attend them regularly, otherwise they fall off the apple-cart. It's a sickness, folks, don't judge.:o

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

SO very funny !!:D:D

Do I have to use a fork to eat my pie, or can I use my fingers, as long as it isn't formal night?

Haven't you heard....formal night has been turned into anti-formal night and we are to wear our sloppy, torn duds and definitely eat pie with our fingers (after all, fingers were made before forks!)

I'm sorry, but do you have to yell at us? Don't you know that it's rude to use the large font?!

Glad to get that off my chest.

OV Girl...He wasn't shouting! It's only rude if you use ALL CAPS in long posts..!!Large font is OK..

Check out Wikapedia re posting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

OV Girl, and All,

I am so sorry for the large Font... I really didn't mean to turn this beautiful, funny thread into a "Negative"...

Chuck

Chuck, please don't just lurk.. I thought your post was funny & you did not turn this thread into a negative..

I sail solo and pay the same price as two people for my cabin. Will I get 2 pies?

not to go off topic, but your post reminded me of an email from Celebrity this morning...wonder if apple pie is part of the credit? lol

Dear "Celebrity Insider",

New: Double Club Points for Solo Travelers

Captain's Club is happy to announce a new benefit for solo travelers. When you sail with us as a single traveler in a stateroom, you will earn double the amount of Club Points*, based on stateroom category and number of nights sailed. This applies to all sailings on or after July 1, 2014, and to all Captain's Club members including Preview members.

Carol

OV Girl, and All,

Chuck

OV Girl...He wasn't shouting! It's only rude if you use ALL CAPS in long posts..!!Large font is OK..

Check out Wikapedia re posting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_caps

Chuck, please don't just lurk.. I thought your post was funny & you did not turn this thread into a negative..

Apple Pie!

For those cruisers concerned about the calories in the apple pies, HAL has announced that they are willing to make a substitution---available to all cabin categories:

"Each slice of Apple pie may be exchanged for one whole apple."

This may fulfill your wish to eat healthy, but we all know what happened that time that Eve ate the apple!!!:eek:

Once again, us Aussies are hard done by. I have contacted HAL Australia and found that booking from here does not entitle us to a slice of the pie. After some complaining though, they have stepped up and have offered me a Vegemite sandwich each day instead.

For those cruisers concerned about the calories in the apple pies, HAL has announced that they are willing to make a substitution---available to all cabin categories:

"Each slice of Apple pie may be exchanged for one whole apple."

This may fulfill your wish to eat healthy, but we all know what happened that time that Eve ate the apple!!!:eek:

For those passengers wanting to share their pie with others, remember that the trouble really began when Eve shared with Adam!!:D

Not to be facetious, but does anyone know where and when the "Friends of The Slice" meetings are held ? ? ? Please, no flamers; one of us needs to attend them regularly, otherwise they fall off the apple-cart. It's a sickness, folks, don't judge.:o

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

"Friends of the Slice" meetings are no longer allowed on board. Meetings are now held before embarkation --- on the "pie-r".

So nice that they are now providing them and we no longer have to schlep our apple pies onboard or slap a luggage tag on them for the crew to deliver to our cabin. No more complaining about missing or broken apple pies.:rolleyes:

Edited by Lizzie68