Let's all have a laugh at ourselves and have some FUN

kazu

I'm Canadian and have never been able to use Luggage Direct. I'd prefer expedited/priority boarding and pie.

.... and could I use the hair dryer to heat up the pie? :eek:

only if you are in a suite:p:D:p PH's have their microwave of course:D

As the Pinnacle Grill menu offerings have become "stale" with no changes to the selections for many years (not my opinion, just what has been stated by some CC posters via staff comments) , may we introduce

Baked Apple Cinammon Creme Brulee -

This crème brûlée is cinnamon-scented and is baked inside an apple. Coated with a thin layer of caramelized sugar, this is like a candy apple for adults.

At the time of this announcement, it is not known for sure if there will be a slight surcharge to order this dessert. Please be sure to indicate your selection of this item at the time you order your evening meal, as these are prepared on demand.

Your Pinnacle Grill host/hostess will be glad to attend to any questions regarding this selection.

Carol

Carol, you sound like a good cook! Would love to have cinnamon scented Crème brûlée in a baked candy coated Apple.. Sounds wonderful!!:):)

On my way to make dinner for DH, with pie for dessert..

Instead of "Sail Away" threads, we can have "Apple Pie" threads!:)

I don't think it would work. I have a good source at HAL that said Apple Pie will only be served on certain ships. If they don't toot well or sail out with class their Apple Pie ration will be cut:p Better stick with the Sail away thread.

Of course Apple Pie's rationing can always be discussed there. Maybe instead of banners people could hold out their apple pies so we can see they got them:p

HAL has just posted an announcement on their website that suite passengers will automatically be upgraded to Struddel .

Those in inside cabins will be relegated to Apple Pan Dowdy :)

Where did you get your information? Ruth said inside cabins get applesauce. I'd rather have applesauce than whatever apple pan dowdy is.

Carol, you sound like a good cook! Would love to have cinnamon scented Crème brûlée in a baked candy coated Apple.. Sounds wonderful!!:):)

On my way to make dinner for DH, with pie for dessert..

actually I have been making Creme Brulee for over 35 years, before it became the "rage" ..however, I do not "burn" the caramelized sugar to make a crisp topping. I like mine "runny, syrupy". the secret to baking creme brulee is to place the custard pan within another pan filled with water(to steam) but with newspapers lined at the bottom! do not know why, but it is fail-proof!

Carol

Edited by CJcruzer

AmericanPie.png

Bye, Bye American Pie....

OMG - I just realized what the new ship's name will be. No wonder HAL has kept it a secret - It WILL BE APPLE PIE/AMERICAN APPLE PIE/ AMERICAN PIE.

Should we start a poll now to see what people think :p

Bye, Bye American Pie....

OMG - I just realized what the new ship's name will be. No wonder HAL has kept it a secret - It WILL BE APPLE PIE/AMERICAN APPLE PIE/ AMERICAN PIE.

Should we start a poll now to see what people think :p

AMERICAN Pie kind of matches up nicely with EUROdam.

Sure, a poll does seem to be in order here.

Not to change topics - but is it true the Microsoft workshops are going to be changed to Apple?

I got it in strictest confidence from one of the entertainers on board.

She got it from me, the new banjo guy replacing the adagio strings.

And she is correct, I heard it from the guy smoking a cigar in the next balcony.

He said he heard it from one of the guys that unhooks that big rope that keeps the ship from floating away in FLL.;)

She got it from me, the new banjo guy replacing the adagio strings.

And she is correct, I heard it from the guy smoking a cigar in the next balcony.

He said he heard it from one of the guys that unhooks that big rope that keeps the ship from floating away in FLL.;)

well you can't get much more reliable a source than that:)

As this thread starts to slow down and will probably disappear to the second page, I just want to say thanks for starting it and giving us all a few days of laughs and guffaws! We really needed it. I just hope newbies don't get on a HAL ship and ask where the heck their apple pie is.:D

I, too, want to say thanks for a delightful few days of reading this thread. Thanks especially to kazu and Oceanwench for getting this all started, but I have gotten so many good laughs from so many different posters.

It would be such fun to sail with any of you---or how about ALL of you! That's IT! The Apple Pie Cruise---wouldn't the CC Meet and Greet be a riot?!?!:)

I, too, want to say thanks for a delightful few days of reading this thread. Thanks especially to kazu and Oceanwench for getting this all started, but I have gotten so many good laughs from so many different posters.

It would be such fun to sail with any of you---or how about ALL of you! That's IT! The Apple Pie Cruise---wouldn't the CC Meet and Greet be a riot?!?!:)

Yes! and we could have appletinis, Washington apple shooters, apple fritters, apple crumble and if the HM is generous.... apple pie!

And HAL might even be able to organize excursions to some apple orchards, where we might be able to buy some apple wine to bring back on the ship.

Where did you get your information? Ruth said inside cabins get applesauce. I'd rather have applesauce than whatever apple pan dowdy is.

Oh Dear didn't realize that some have never heard of Apple Pan Dowdy.. There once was a song about it: "Shoo Fly Pie & Apple Pan Dowdy"

Here are 10 recipes:

http://www.momsfreerecipes.com/?a=455002&s1=googsearch&s2=&s3=&title=Top+10+Apple+Pan+Dowdy+Recipes&headline=Apple+Pan+Dowdy&image=http://www.prodlinks.com/images/apple-pan-dowdy.jpg

Edited by serendipity1499

As this thread starts to slow down and will probably disappear to the second page, I just want to say thanks for starting it and giving us all a few days of laughs and guffaws! We really needed it. I just hope newbies don't get on a HAL ship and ask where the heck their apple pie is.:D

And a special BIG THANK YOU to Walt for not moving this off to the land of silly word games! :rolleyes::D

I can't believe people are making such a big deal over these pies.

We come from New England where the apples are far more superior to anything you get on a HAL ship. We find them meely and have no flavor

It has been years since we have even had a HAL apple pie.

Also anyone who does not believe that apple pie is an allergen, I have posted a link to a study done at The University of Vienna in 1967 by the esteemed Professor Jonathan MacIntosh which proves apples contain heavy doses of Methylethylohell that when mixed with cinnamon and baked at high temperatures produces the chemical Grannygala that has been recognized by the CDC as a known allergen

The only known antigen for this severe allergy is cigarette smoking and that is most effective if done on a cruise ship verandah. :D ;)

The only known antigen for this severe allergy is cigarette smoking and that is most effective if done on a cruise ship verandah. :D ;)

And that is only if you have a crab apple with a case of sour grapes on the other side of you and they complain *LOL*

And that is only if you have a crab apple with a case of sour grapes on the other side of you and they complain *LOL*

Better verify they paid their corEage fee for carrying those crab apples aboard!!

Edited by sail7seas

Just received an email.

"Dear Kazu,

I am writing about your deplorable thread on Cruise Critic.

I find it extremely offensive - have it withdrawn immediately or I shall complain to Cruise Critic.

I can assure you I have a bushel full of supporters.

Yours in Disgust,

Johnny Appleseed"