El Cheapo Cruises Thread

One of the benefits of marrying (and having kids) young.

We did but have been forced into early retirement. Frustrating to see these great deals on long cruises that we would love to take but can't take the kids out of school for that long. Mind you I'm not sure we could leave them behind for that long either?

Keep dreaming for now

We did but have been forced into early retirement. Frustrating to see these great deals on long cruises that we would love to take but can't take the kids out of school for that long. Mind you I'm not sure we could leave them behind for that long either?

Keep dreaming for now

Yeah married young but started careers late, then had a few years in bed due to an infection in the spine. I know that Mrs Gut was ready to come home last year after 34 days (I wasn't), something like the Circle Oacific is high on our list next, we'd love to do Canada Alaska but neither of us is allowed fly so that cruise covers a great cruise and includes that too.

This seems to be a very nice way to cruise from Oz to PNG.

Pacific Eden - Cairns - 7 nights

10 Sep 2016

15 Oct 2016

04 Nov 2016

$575 pp inside

24 hour sale, ends 2pm 20 May (today)

Another big appeal for these cruises is that it is a perfect chance for a pre/post cruise stay in Cairns for a few days...:):)

Booked an ocean view on P&O The Eden, leaving Cairns October 4 2016 , 11 nights , to the islands $780 pp. Didn't mean to book it - definitely was not going on any more cruises this year [emoji47][emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a great thread! Following.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled for all 4 of us doing the Great Barrier Reef (we want our kids to see it before it's gone :( ).

Problem is, I've decided to be picky and I want a cruise with a thermal suite. I want to try those ceramic loungers!! ;)

This repositioning cruise is starting to come down in pricing. Its one I'm going to watch. Only thing is you might need a visa for China.

Beijing to Melbourne

17 October 2016

28 Nights

Golden Princess

Twin From $2660 pp (inside) Oceanview ($3290 pp)

Beijing to Sydney

17 October 2016

25 Nights

Golden Princess

Twin From $2507 pp (inside) $3381 pp for balcony cabin. $2939 pp oceanview cabin

Quad From $1773 p

Edited by icat2000

Just having a look at celebrity's Asian sale on right now. Some good bargains there for about a $100 pp per night. Insides and Oceanviews for similar pricing. Ocnvw tend to come with 1 free perk also.

Cunard has the 3 queens with balconies for the price of an inside with some OBC on select 2017 sailings according the the email I got today. There is a nice 24 night Santiago to Melbourne for $167/day.

Cunard has the 3 queens with balconies for the price of an inside with some OBC on select 2017 sailings according the the email I got today. There is a nice 24 night Santiago to Melbourne for $167/day.

Yes indeed, just booked QM2, (always wanted to do QM2) Sydney to HK - 16 days on 2 March 2017. Free balcony upgrade (Deck 4 Balcony cabin 4086) and US$200 OBC. Booked direct with Cunard @ AU$3299. A very good price for a legendary ship. Having 3 night in HK post cruise and Qantas Premium Economy - HK to Syd.

A lot of poms must be getting off in Sydney, hence the cabin deals.

Edited by NSWP

Yes indeed, just booked QM2, (always wanted to do QM2) Sydney to HK - 16 days on 2 March 2017. Free balcony upgrade (Deck 4 Balcony cabin 4086) and US$200 OBC. Booked direct with Cunard @ AU$3299. A very good price for a legendary ship. Having 3 night in HK post cruise and Qantas Premium Economy - HK to Syd.

G'day uncle Les.

You will be getting on as we get off, I thought for a minute it was even our cabin, but looks like out by a few, I'll will need to double check but I think 5 cabins away.

This repositioning cruise is starting to come down in pricing. Its one I'm going to watch. Only thing is you might need a visa for China.

Beijing to Melbourne

17 October 2016

28 Nights

Golden Princess

Twin From $2660 pp (inside) Oceanview ($3290 pp)

Beijing to Sydney

17 October 2016

25 Nights

Golden Princess

Twin From $2507 pp (inside) $3381 pp for balcony cabin. $2939 pp oceanview cabin

Quad From $1773 p

Been watching the prices go up and down daily,we booked the 25 beijing/sydney for $1860 pp Twin inside,along time back.Then they changed it to AUD,no grats,has been just win/win all the way.

Edited by mrs and mrs

G'day uncle Les.

You will be getting on as we get off, I thought for a minute it was even our cabin, but looks like out by a few, I'll will need to double check but I think 5 cabins away.

G'day Mr Gut, so you disembark in Sydney on 2 March? I thought I would never do a Cunarder - too snobby, but you have do it once and why not on the pride of the fleet.

The BU cabins on deck 4 have the balcony cut into the hull, whilst it is not the 'Frank Sinatra Suite' it will do us, bit of fresh air.

I will wear my cruise card/Princess lanyard around my neck on QM2, the Cunarders will love that, Not !! Will be plenty of Colonials on QM2 out here anyway, the poms will get used to us. LOL.

Edited by NSWP

G'day Mr Gut, so you disembark in Sydney on 2 March? I thought I would never do a Cunarder - too snobby, but you have do it once and why not on the pride of the fleet.

The BU cabins on deck 4 have the balcony cut into the hull, whilst it is not the 'Frank Sinatra Suite' it will do us, bit of fresh air.

I will wear my cruise card/Princess lanyard around my neck on QM2, the Cunarders will love that, Not !! Will be plenty of Colonials on QM2 out here anyway, the poms will get used to us. LOL.

Funny, when you had Emerald booked you were disembarking as we were embarking, now it's the opposite way around.

We looked at doing the 8 days on QV this year but did the round Aus instead. Then we booked Tassie on a Emerald for December, but when we were offered a pretty good deal for the six days to Tas and daughter said she could come too, I jumped on it.

For us it's really just a taster.

Looking forward to crossing the Strait on her.

Good one Uncle Les, I am sure you will love the QM2 and appreciate the design differences of a cruise liner to any other cruise ship.:D

there offering a good price in conjunction with -premium beverage package-

on p@o select cruises.i think a good price for 10 nights oceanview is $700 on jewel or pearl say

,and there selling in combo with booze package $1064 on a certain online T.A-so thats $364 for bottomless booze

But if you give me premium booze for 10 days,i,ll come back a alchoholic..

and as much as i like to drink beer,whiskey,coctails,wine.just keep pouring,and i,ll keep drinking...

is there something wrong with me,?

or is it a p@o plan to keep people tanked up on these inclusive booze packages:D:D:D-what do you think

there offering a good price in conjunction with -premium beverage package-

on p@o select cruises.i think a good price for 10 nights oceanview is $700 on jewel or pearl say

,and there selling in combo with booze package $1064 on a certain online T.A-so thats $364 for bottomless booze

But if you give me premium booze for 10 days,i,ll come back a alchoholic..

and as much as i like to drink beer,whiskey,coctails,wine.just keep pouring,and i,ll keep drinking...

is there something wrong with me,?

or is it a p@o plan to keep people tanked up on these inclusive booze packages:D:D:D-what do you think

It depends on the person but in my experience, if someone buys a drinks package, they ensure that they get their monies worth, while if they receive a drinks package as part of the fare or as a perk, they do not hit it as hard. It is all about perceived value for money.