El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Wife and I just booked a gty inside cabin on the Century for 8 nts Sydney to Port Lincoln, and return, for $448pp (seniors/past passengers), thru' an oz agent; ended up with a cat 9B on deck 9 :D.

We didn't worry about the 321 option, as we get the 'free' elite happy hour, and as shareholders, we get some obc as well.

Very good deal....we're happy!

MP

Hi Mr Princess and wife ,Which cruise? the 22nd Oct or the 11th November they both 8 days to Port Lincoln ?

I am on both cruises ,great pricing!!!!

Cheers Deb

New Zealand cruise from Brisbane:

Set sail from Brisbane on Sea Princess. This itinerary features a 14-night cruise

Departs: Mon, Oct 27 2014

Arrives: Mon, Nov 10 2014

Cruise code: C426

Twin Cabin from

$969

Up to $185 onboard credit.

That sounds pretty good. Would that be about half normal rate?

Celebrity Century 12 nights South Pacific October 10 Suite $1276

Celebrity Century 8 nights South Australia $247 inside $844 Concierge

with CC number

I have checked the usual suspects both here and the USA and cant find the suite price the Oct 10 cruise. I think that all those listed still have to have tax added. Great prices none the less but if you find them please try to post the full price (which includes tax & port charges) and maybe if it was direct from the cruise line or an Aussie or USA agent. Helps people to jump on the bargain and compare.

Thanks

I have checked the usual suspects both here and the USA and cant find the suite price the Oct 10 cruise. I think that all those listed still have to have tax added. Great prices none the less but if you find them please try to post the full price (which includes tax & port charges) and maybe if it was direct from the cruise line or an Aussie or USA agent. Helps people to jump on the bargain and compare.

Thanks

The only extra I had to pay for my wife and I was the travel agent's visa card fee of $13.44. Everything else was included in the price I paid. :D

MP

That sounds pretty good. Would that be about half normal rate?

Close to it. It would be good for sightseeing but it won't be very warm but cheap with the onboard credit. I am wondering if the Sea Princess cruises will be discounted given the troubles she is having.

Thanks Mr Princess. We sometimes do the same but next cruise is booked through celebrity so no choice, included in fare. I have OBC from using a FCC but as the tips are charged in the total price I will need to find something else to spend it on. Not drinkers, and don't like ship excursions so it looks like the grandkids will score some goodies, along with the occasional nice coffee.

Edited by Tara Jane

The only extra I had to pay for my wife and I was the travel agent's visa card fee of $13.44. Everything else was included in the price I paid. :D

MP

Thanks. My post was in reply to the one from burchan and their price for Celebrity Century. They have still not reappeared to answer it.

What I was trying to say(well actually what I did say)is that this thread is far more useful as a comparison and a place to take advantage of the bargains if people tell us the FULL cost, US or Aussie $$$, if grats are inclusive or not etc, date they found the price. They also need to let people know, without naming the TA's name in a way to point out where it is. EG Large US web based, Aussie web based, direct from cruise line.

Edited by woodyren

Thanks. My post was in reply to the one from burchan and their price for Celebrity Century. They have still not reappeared to answer it.

The prices I quoted are from Celebrity Aus. and are in $A. I did not include Tax or gratuity cost because they are fixed costs and the same anywhere in the world. I think it is more important to quote actual cruise cost only.

The prices I quoted are from Celebrity Aus. and are in $A. I did not include Tax or gratuity cost because they are fixed costs and the same anywhere in the world. I think it is more important to quote actual cruise cost only.

Yes in one sense, but not in relation to seeing if an offer is good value. The price of taxes and gratuities will change based on length of cruise and ports visited. So just seeing the price listed without those isn't very helpful. Plus it's standard pricing here to include them, and when you see other offers they're included, so it makes it harder to compare.

I think it is important to state whether taxes and gratuities are included or not, especially for newbies. Ships based in Australia with AUD as their onboard currency have gratuities built into the price and also include all the taxes, but it would be very easy for someone who is not a cruise regular to mistakenly compare a price from one of the other cruise lines, that excludes taxes and grats, with an Australian-based fare. In fact having to add extra taxes and grats could be quite devastating for someone on a tight budget when they realise that the price mentioned is not the total amount they would have to pay.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I think it is important to state whether taxes and gratuities are included or not, especially for newbies. Ships based in Australia with AUD as their onboard currency have gratuities built into the price and also include all the taxes, but it would be very easy for someone who is not a cruise regular to mistakenly compare a price from one of the other cruise lines, that excludes taxes and grats, with an Australian-based fare. In fact having to add extra taxes and grats could be quite devastating for someone on a tight budget when they realise that the price mentioned is not the total amount they would have to pay.

Good post.:D

Just booked inside guarantee with large oz online TA on QM2 Darwin to Brisbane for $1162 pp with reduced deposit & $100 onboard credit per cabin.

Pretty happy with that!

Gae

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked inside guarantee with large oz online TA on QM2 Darwin to Brisbane for $1162 pp with reduced deposit & $100 onboard credit per cabin.

Pretty happy with that!

Gae

Gae,

I just noticed the VOTS next Feb is not on your list anymore. Have you cancelled (perhaps you already told me).:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Gae,

I just noticed the VOTS next Feb is not on your list anymore. Have you cancelled (perhaps you already told me).:D

Yes Mic cancelled the Voyager in favour of the above QM2 cruise which by the way is now showing "Sold Out"!

Pretty happy with that!

Gae

You might be lucky - I had an inside guarantee and ended up with a sheltered balcony!

Their winter sale is pretty good for pricing.

Some good value cruises Eastern Mediterranean and Holy Land in October

with Celebrity but flights are the killer. Look at Celebrity site.

Eastern Med is OK but I don't do Holy Land - and even some of the other ports are a bit 'iffy' now.

Airfares are OK as long as you don't mind 30+hours of squeezy seats or no change back from $14,000 for J class. Qantas had a great deal where you flew J one way and free upgrade to F the other. Sadly not needing to go this year :(

Celebrity Century 12 Night Nov 11 South Pacific

$1719 US (fare & taxes) Suite Gty. plus Pre Paid Grats. Plus free Upgrade to Premium Drink pkg

Large US web agency.

Inside Gty same cruise no perks $779 US.

Same cruise from Celebrity Aus Suite Gty $1999 AU (including taxes & p/paid grats)

Not sure what the inside Gty is on the Aus site as it fails to display the full price.

I think the drinks package perk is still available for the suite in Aus so both deals pretty close once you take into account the forex conversion. Works out a little better from the US TA plus the premium drinks upgrade.

Close to $150 per day for a suite plus a premium drinks package is a nice deal.

Edited by woodyren

Celebrity Century 12 Night Nov 11 South Pacific

$1719 US (fare & taxes) Suite Gty. plus Pre Paid Grats. Plus free Upgrade to Premium Drink pkg

Large US web agency.

Inside Gty same cruise no perks $779 US.

Same cruise from Celebrity Aus Suite Gty $1999 AU (including taxes & p/paid grats)

Not sure what the inside Gty is on the Aus site as it fails to display the full price.

I think the drinks package perk is still available for the suite in Aus so both deals pretty close once you take into account the forex conversion. Works out a little better from the US TA plus the premium drinks upgrade.

Close to $150 per day for a suite plus a premium drinks package is a nice deal.

Very nice, too bad I have no time to do all these great cruises.:D