Reserved Pool Seating

Pickels

You can get variations of reserved pool seating on some Princess ships. In particular the Royal Princess has the Sanctuary section, which offers something for every pocket book. Reserve for half day, full day, or all week if you want, and or get in line early enough to sign up. We had people in line at 5:30 AM each day to get some of the cabanas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love that celebrity doesn't do reserved seats for suite guests around the pool. It drove me mad on royal as everyone insisted that as we were a suite we should use the perk. They were in a tiered section looking down on everything and it was just like being on display. Have to admit that the ice rink seats were a good lace though, unlike celebrity suite seats in the theatre, off to one side.

On the more serious side of this topic...

On some of the S-Class Ships there are The Alcoves (sort of a Cabanna set up) that are available for rent by any Pax

Now mind you they are not Poolside... But rather up top of the Ship alongside the Lawn... But a great place to hang out / sunbathe (with or without an Alcove rental)

They were one of the additions that Celebrity made to the S-Class ships post Solstice... I haven't been on The Equinox yet... So not 100% sure if she has them or not... Maybe someone else could comment

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

On some of the S-Class Ships there are The Alcoves (sort of a Cabanna set up) that are available for rent by any Pax

They were one of the additions that Celebrity made to the S-Class ships post Solstice... I haven't been on The Equinox yet... So not 100% sure if she has them or not... Maybe someone else could comment

Cheers!

Only the silhouette & reflection has the alcoves!

Only the silhouette & reflection has the alcoves!

Having them detracts from what the lawn area was originally designed to be....nice open green space...we never rented one..too far from the pools , expensive , windy up there , and it seems folks walk back and forth to get where they need to go.,,Have seen some of them in use but does not seem to be the most popular feature on board....

more fun on the lawn is the wine and cheese picnic with music ..free except for drinks from what I recall...,

What bothers me is that so many threads have become an us against them. Non-Elites versus Elites, Suites versus Non Suites, People with children versus those without. The list can go on and on. Guess this is natural since people want to enjoy the most benefits for their money. The reality is that all cruise lines see space as very valuable and if they can turn a non revenue producing area into a revenue producing area, they will. As we all know well, they will cancel a cruise that some have booked and turn it into a Charter if the money is right. Business is business. Sure they will anger some and may even lose passengers, some long term among those. But, this has been calculated into the equation. If they believe that the bottom line will be enhanced by providing a dedicated space to higher margin passengers and that will allow an increase in price for the benefit, they will.

OP: The answer to your specific question is that Celebrity doesn't offer reserved poolside seating for Suite Guests.

They have the Alcoves that you can rent on Silhouette and Reflection, but no pool view.

Edited by Orator

Wow, tough crowd (aside from Andy of course, who actually answered) Aren't you glad you asked, Pickels?

I agree, Rich. For someone who has cruised RC in the last few years, it's a perfectly reasonable question. Sure struck a nerve here though, didn't it? :rolleyes:

We've sailed more with Royal than Celebrity and never had a problem finding seats at the pool. I don't think they've taken away areas from anyone but shutting me out of Michael's Club, now that's a problem. ;)

No one is shutting you out of Michael's Club but you. If you want access, book a suite that has access.

Just like you're not shut out of Blu unless you choose to book a cabin that can't dine in Blu.

It's all about choices.

No one is shutting you out of Michael's Club but you. If you want access, book a suite that has access.

Just like you're not shut out of Blu unless you choose to book a cabin that can't dine in Blu.

It's all about choices.

I know Linda. That was said with tongue in cheek. We've booked suites on Royal but have yet to book one with Celebrity. We've also booked AQ for Blu. ;)

On the more serious side of this topic...

Now mind you they are not Poolside... But rather up top of the Ship alongside the Lawn... But a great place to hang out / sunbathe (with or without an Alcove rental)

Cheers!

I have a quick question pertaining to the lawn and Alcoves? Can you hangout on the lawn area in the middle of the Alcoves or it is it all reserved?

I have a quick question pertaining to the lawn and Alcoves? Can you hangout on the lawn area in the middle of the Alcoves or it is it all reserved?

It's just the alcoves you rent.. The lawn area the alcoves are on are open to anyone to use!

Sail on Royal Caribbean, they do have a deck chair section roped off for the hoity toity :)

What bothers me is that so many threads have become an us against them. Non-Elites versus Elites, Suites versus Non Suites, People with children versus those without. The list can go on and on.

My reference to the "hoity toity" was obviously toungue-in-cheek so I won't retract it. And I never apologise - I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Sail on Royal Caribbean, they do have a deck chair section roped off for the hoity toity :)

Loved it when we sailed on RCI, didn't have to be concerned with the rude, inconsiderate folks. Pay more, get more, thank you!

Wow, tough crowd (aside from Andy of course, who actually answered) Aren't you glad you asked, Pickels?

Wow! A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed. Really stoked the fire, but some of the responses and comments were really entertaining.

Wow! A simple "yes" or "no" would have sufficed. Really stoked the fire, but some of the responses and comments were really entertaining.

If you wanted a simple "yes" or "no" answer, a simple call to Celebrity would have been your best bet. Throwing a question out here is only for the brave hearted with thick skin! Everyone has an opinion - or two or three, not always consistent - and the only thing that surprises me is that there was no one adamantly claiming that there is reserved seating.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I think it was a reasonable question for a new cruiser to Celebrity to ask as some cruise lines do that.

Me, too. What's with everyone here thinking the guy's a snob just because he asks a simple question? Different cruise lines have different amenities for suite guests: he's just asking.