Bitten By the Cruise Bug - I don't think there's a cure

Zuki

We just completed our first cruise on HAL to Alaska this past July. Loved it so much we booked another cruise to Alaska for next June

Today my DH says, I just want to be sitting on my deck looking at the ocean.

Now I'm watching for "hot deals" for Oct/Nov.

Me thinks we are in too deep to back out now:D

And it's all YOUR fault! Thank you sincerely, for all the great tips, ideas and knowledge. LOVE CC.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Alaska and the cruise. I'm right there with you. Loved our Alaska cruise a few years back and I do think cruising sure is addictive. I think these forums, though invaluable, feed into the addiction.;) I love hearing all the adventures and experiences everyone has so I can decide where to go and what to do for my bucket list.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise to Alaska. That's still on my wish list :) I know what you mean about the cruise bug. Our first cruise was December 2013. Now we have done 2 already in 2014 and I'm leaving for the third in 4 weeks. We also infected others, both my parents and my aunt. My mom just left her first cruise 2 weeks ago and is already nagging me if I'm going to do a Med cruise next year and if so, can she join. Be glad your case is mild :P

cruise_bunnies

Edited by cruise_bunnies

I'm sitting here chuckling since we got bitten on our very first cruise as well .... on the Ryndam to ... where else ... Alaska!!:)

Welcome !!!

Ditto! We were hooked after our NE/Canada cruise in May. Came home & immediately booked the Mediterranean for next September. Decided we can't wait that long to go again, so we booked a Caribbean in December & Alaska in May to assuage the wait! With those bookings, we will have experienced each class of the dam HAL ships! Feeling like that is a milestone, too! :D And yes, a big THANK YOU to everyone here for the helpful hints & advice…. and making it so exciting!

Many years ago I was trying hard to talk my DH into doing a cruise, but he was adamant it would never happen because he would feel claustrophobic and bored. Finally he agreed to try a 5-day coastal only because there was a stop in Seattle (from Vancouver) and I said if he really hated it we would get off there and make our way home. Well, needless to say he stayed on to LA, and before we disembarked we had booked another cruise! Now he counts down the days to the next cruise.:D As other said - there is no cure!

The only cure of this addiction is to book another cruise. Good luck.

I think we once tried a 12 step program here, but alas, it didn't work.

At least you will feel some comfort knowing that you are not alone.

And you will enjoy the planning almost as much as the cruise.

Our enthusiasm for cruises is actually waning a little. We still have one scheduled and are watching for the after final payment pricing on a second.

It is not that we do not like cruising because we do. We find that we want more time in various ports and countries. So now our approach is to include a cruise as part of a land trip. And usually at the end so we can chill out a little.

We like not having to unpack but we also miss the local flavor of hotels/cafes/restaurants in other countries. We sometimes feel that the cruise ship environment can feel very antiseptic and very bland depending on where we happen to be travelling-may as well be at home staying at the a Marriott or Hilton.

We just completed our first cruise on HAL to Alaska this past July. Loved it so much we booked another cruise to Alaska for next June

And it's all YOUR fault! Thank you sincerely, for all the great tips, ideas and knowledge. LOVE CC.

Told you so at our Meet & Greet.

Hope to see you on a cruise again.

There is no cure but symptoms of withdrawal can be controlled by posting on Cruisecritic :)

Good luck booking!

I wish they had a "like button" on this site

Roger : I know you and Joanie told me this would happen

Paul: Yes we've been looking at all those "bargains" looks like December will be our Mexico trip. Just looking at air fares. I told DH we need to move to FL so we are near a port!

DH and I had a serious Vegas addiction before discovering cruising.

Now cruising has a serious impact on our Vegas time. It's a small sacrifice.

On HAL we are at 99 sea days...so close to our bronze medallion. About 40 days out from 4 star Mariner status.

Rockfan2