How do I post a new thread on existing Roll Call Forum

Just joined CC and I am not sure how to post a new post on my chosen Roll Call Forum. The Reply link seems to work but I do not see a New Post selection.

OR

Do I just reply to a present posting and submit my inquiries that way.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Like 1

Although I do not believe you can start a new thread within a thread, that is actually a good idea. It would be great to at least divide roll calls into chitchat and information.

Although I do not believe you can start a new thread within a thread, that is actually a good idea. It would be great to at least divide roll calls into chitchat and information.

That could create chaos, particularly if a roll call has an active number of participants.

Just joined CC and I am not sure how to post a new post on my chosen Roll Call Forum. The Reply link seems to work but I do not see a New Post selection.

OR

There is only one Roll Call for each specific cruise. You cannot break it into more threads but you can add as many posts to an existing thread as you wish.

As here, I have just posted two comments in a row. You can post repeatedly to the same thread for your roll call.

Is that what you are asking? :o I am a little confused exactly what you mean.

Let us know if there is another question we missed. :)

I'm not exactly certain what the OP is asking either.

To reply like I'm doing now, I hit the Post Reply button and it is allowing me to type this, preview, and hit submit.

It I wanted to quote another poster, I would hit the Quote button on their particular post.

I will say that I was a little confused on how to reply to a thread when I first started Cruise Critic. I can't remember why because it's so obvious now - I think because "Post Reply" implies that you have already written something to post.

At the bottom of every post, there are three boxes in the lower right corner. The first on the right, is a paper and pencil. If you click that you can make a 'quick reply'. You can write your message in the box and then click 'post quick reply' beneath the message box. You will not have the choice of emoticons, font, type size etc if you use the 'quick reply' vs 'post reply' box located on the left side bottom of the post box. 'Post Reply' box enables you to select from emoticons and change type size, font, color etc.

OR

Hi Chillinkanuck! Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Yes, do B. Reply to the present posting with any questions or whatever you want to say. Then click "Submit Reply".

LuLu

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi My husband and i have just booked this cruise,(first time cruising) when we dock in civitavecchia we would like to spend the day at the vatican and colossium has anyone any tips on how is best to do this without going through the cruise ship :) Thanks

• 1 year later...

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You have added this to an old thread that covers a different subject. Few people will make it this far thru this thread and few of them will be able to answer your question.

You should post this on the Roll Call for your cruise. It is there that you an meet with others sailing with you and find people to share a shuttle with.

If you post the name of your ship, someone will try to find the Roll Cal for you and direct you there. To find the RC your self, Go to the main page for these boards (boards.cruisecritic.com) scroll down to the list of Roll Calls for the different cruise lines. Click on MSC Roll Calls. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the sailing date for your cruise.

I don't see how to post or add myself into an exisisting Roll Call?

After you find your roll call, post a reply.

I suggest that you state that this is your first post and joining the roll call.

You might want to state who is going with you, maybe a bit about yourself, and that is it.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 8/17/2014 at 10:21 AM, sail7seas said:

There is only one Roll Call for each specific cruise. You cannot break it into more threads but you can add as many posts to an existing thread as you wish.

As here, I have just posted two comments in a row. You can post repeatedly to the same thread for your roll call.

Is that what you are asking? 😮 I am a little confused exactly what you mean.

Let us know if there is another question we missed. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Looking for 2 to 4 people to join us in John Lopez’s Gibraltar 3 hour tour.   Trip is on trip advisor  and has good reviews.    It would be 550 euros for minivan for 6 people and 600 euros for 8 people.  Take a look on trip advisor if interested.  Tours are at 8:30 or 12:30.   Send me a message at su1973atembarqmaildot com.  Thanks

@suuva

Thank you for your post in this old thread. However, share requests MUST be posted in the Roll Call thread for your cruise where you have posted before. Please repost where it belongs. Click here: May 1, 2020 Marina Icons of Iberia

Note the following from What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know :

Shore Excursion/Tour Shares in ROLL CALLS

This is an excellent benefit of participating on your ROLL CALL. If you are sailing on a specific ship and departure date, you may post your share request on the specific Roll Call topic for your cruise. You are targeting the specific group of people who would be most inclined to share since they are already sailing with you. Please remember, do not start a new Roll Call topic on the Roll Call forum or any other message board forum with your share request. Use your existing Roll Call topic to post your share request. Please note, our Guidelines do not allow personal ads looking to share shore excursions/tours, transportation, etc. anywhere else on Cruise Critic.

I'm New Here, Can I Post Looking for a Shore Excursion/Tour Share?

Technically, the answer is yes. However, our ROLL CALLS are not a classified ad area for your tour share. They are, as mentioned above, a place for cruisers to get to know one another before they sail. You will receive a much better response to your TOUR SHARE REQUEST if you take some time to read the entire ROLL CALL; get to know the other members and allow them to get to know YOU first! That is the spirit of our ROLL CALLS.

If my ROLL CALL is slow may I post it in other forums?

No. Please don't post topics looking for others cruising with you or share requests for tours, excursions, transportation, etc. on any of our other forums. Roll Calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep Roll Call type discussions on your existing Roll Call topic in the ROLL CALL forums and keep the other forums open for general cruise discussions according to forum topic

If you have further questions, or need roll call assistance, please write to:  Help@CruiseCritic.com 

I am locking this old thread started waaaay back in 2014 to prevent further postings.

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!