Diamond Lounge - what do you get?

If you mean the cocktail hours, 5pm to 8:30pm. The lounges are accessible 24 hours with your SeaPass card.

Yes, ;) that is what I was asking. Thank you. :)

In addition to the cocktail hours in the evening, the CL on the Oasis also serves free wine/beer with lunch.

Really! :) Do you also eat lunch there...order?

Edited by Iamthesea

Is the Diamond Lounge open on Embarkation day? Or do you get the 3 free drink vouchers on the first day?

Remember, the vouchers are only valid during the cocktail hour, so won't be able to use the vouchers until 5pm or so on the first day.

But correct me if I'm wrong... You cannot go to the Diamond Lounge, get a drink and take it with you, correct? You are expected to consume drinks IN the lounge...

That is a rule "more honored in the breach than in the observance". Enforcement will depend on any number of factors but primarily on the discretion of the concierge. As guests leave the lounge to go to dinner they are often allowed, in some cases, encouraged, to take their drink with them. :)

I am just surprised that a Diamond Lounge / Concierge Lounge FAQ has not been created yet as a sticky. This seems to come up daily. Or multiple times weekly for sure. It's no ones fault for asking when they have a need to ask, but it is a lot of the same information regurgitated. I nominate Bob to create the FAQ and a Host to make it a sticky:D

I am just surprised that a Diamond Lounge / Concierge Lounge FAQ has not been created yet as a sticky. This seems to come up daily. Or multiple times weekly for sure. It's no ones fault for asking when they have a need to ask, but it is a lot of the same information regurgitated. I nominate Bob to create the FAQ and a Host to make it a sticky:D

I second the nomination. :D

You're right, this topic does come up everywhere.

Guest maddycat

I love when someone nominates someone else to do something. Why don't you do it?

Thanks for the answers. Sorry for those who get tired of seeing these types of questions, but some of us just don't know the answers and that is why this board is here. Not all of us have all day to search the boards. I did do a search but tons of posts came up and I don't have time to read all of them for an answer. This way I can just search for my own post. I normally sail on Celebrity, this is my first longer cruise on RCCL - so thanks for the warm welcome. Guess next time I will just go back to Celebrity!!!

Great idea, especially for those of us (like me) that forget and ask the question more than once. :D

The problem with sticky's is getting forum members to look at them. The only sticky that I notice and use is the stateroom sticky, which I love! I do wish more would post their stateroom numbers and observations.

tamara01 - Celebrity posters are not any better. ;) You get the same help or criticism.

A tip: Use Google to do your search. Key word: Cruise Critic...and then a short question or word about what your are searching. Google is usually more specific in finding the answer. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

I love a free drink as much as anyone, but am truly amazed at the endless discussions here about how, where, and how many free drinks people can get. Our next cruise will be our first as Diamond and it will be nice to have a few free cocktails, but the obsession here on the number/location/specifics about where to get free drinks is really comical. It seems like a NEVER ENDING conversation about where to get a couple free drinks, from people who've spent THOUSANDS on their vacation.....:)

Edited by bouhunter

Florida Doug: You have evidently only been on ships with a Diamond Lounge where the drinks are free. On ships with no Diamond Lounge, there is a Diamond Event, where wine is free but mixed drinks are at 25% off. I can only think of two ships currently with no DL, Jewel and Majesty. There may be others that I am not aware of. As ships are refurbished, Diamond Lounges are added.

Edited by 39august

Florida Doug: You have evidently only been on ships with a Diamond Lounge where the drinks are free. On ships with no Diamond Lounge, there is a Diamond Event, where wine is free but mixed drinks are at 25% off. I can only think of two ships currently with no DL, Jewel and Majesty. There may be others that I am not aware of. As ships are refurbished, Diamond Lounges are added.

Explorer is also without a DL, and I believe Voyager too.

Wow that must be recent My last cruise was 9/13 and never paid for a cocktail over 30 cruises at a Diamond Event

Are you sure you were at a Diamond Event and not in a dedicated Diamond Lounge? Which ship/s were you on? :)