Spa question

txflood33

First time cruising with Celebrity...I haven't seen anywhere where spa/massage times can be booked online, so I'm assuming they must be done on the boat. I also assume sea days are prime.

Is there just a mad rush right when you board to get spa times? Is the spa large enough that there never really is a back up? Are the prices so crazy everyone just avoids it?

I know my wife will want at least 1 massage on the cruise....what's my best plan of attack to get her a time?

We booked on line for one of our cruises when Steiner was the service provider & had to pay at the time of booking. Since everything you pre book with Celebrity has to be paid when booked I imagine you would also have to pre pay for spa appointments.

Mary Lou

Called the number posted in this thread yesterday morning...they are open 6am-5pm Pacific time. I had to leave a message but received a call back later in the afternoon....call came from Las Vegas, Venetian Hotel, not sure if that is where their home office is

The lady was very nice and set up a profile for my wife and was able to pull up our exact cruise to pinpoint which sea day she wanted since I didn't have the exact dates in front of me. Appointment times were plentiful...we sail in about 30 days...set it up, she told me the price for the service we wanted and let me know up front that an 18% gratuity will automatically be added.

I did not have to pre-pay. I didn't give any payment info. I did not book it through Celebrity, I booked directly through Canyon Ranch. It appears it will simply be added to my sail card during the cruise.

For all of the times that I have sailed on X or any other cruise line I never seen a mad rush to book a spa service. Most times they are begging for customers and offer many special or discounted prices during the cruise. Every day and night I get "junk mail" in my cabin mailbox from them and the art auctions advertising their specials.

Unless you really need to have one you may find that you get 1/2 the service at twice the price of what you would get at a local land base spa, plus the hard sell to buy their products.

Just my observation and opinion.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Spas actually book up from our experience on X.....but never had a problem getting an appt...everyone wants the sea days.so those appts go first,..

since I know what I want to book, no harm saving a spot as long as they'll accept the coupons...or at least making a call.to find out about the treatments.....

thanks for the info

Also, the price quoted for the service was $10 less than what the brochure stated....the brochure was emailed to me from Celebrity

Thank you for posting the spa menu. Just in time for our cruise next week. My feet need some pampering.:D

Called the number posted in this thread yesterday morning...they are open 6am-5pm Pacific time. I had to leave a message but received a call back later in the afternoon

I did not have to pre-pay. I didn't give any payment info. I did not book it through Celebrity, I booked directly through Canyon Ranch.

Anyone had any issues once onboard when doing it this way? Just seems like it would be an invitation for problems... "I called 2 months ago and C.R. told me I was confirmed." "No, we don't show your reservation listed and we are all booked up for today."

For all of the times that I have sailed on X or any other cruise line I never seen a mad rush to book a spa service. Most times they are begging for customers and offer many special or discounted prices during the cruise.

And in my experience, they are generally begging for clients and offering deals on port days, but on sea days it can be difficult to get an appointment once onboard, unless you are willing to go early in the morning or right before dinner.

Anyone had any issues once onboard when doing it this way? Just seems like it would be an invitation for problems... "I called 2 months ago and C.R. told me I was confirmed." "No, we don't show your reservation listed and we are all booked up for today."

And in my experience, they are generally begging for clients and offering deals on port days, but on sea days it can be difficult to get an appointment once onboard, unless you are willing to go early in the morning or right before dinner.

We received a confirmation email for the day/time of the appt set. We will just print it out and have it with any other docs we need printed

Also, the price quoted for the service was $10 less than what the brochure stated....the brochure was emailed to me from Celebrity

Thank you for the link.

They mention the aqua tx pass, does anyone know what this consists of on the Solstice class ships?