Laundry help please!

Elevatorman

How is the laundry returned to your cabin? On hangers, folded or not folded. Ironed or not ironed. Is it just for tees and underwear, and PJs. Is it for shirts and slacks? Are items washed and you need to iron.

I would love some info, thank you

Some folded some on hangers, depends on what it is.

They are washed and pressed. No need to iron.

Its for anything.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi There

Watch what you send out to be washed as they do things on a very hot wash so a few items like t shirts shrink

We now select what items to let ship do

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Actually, I find my things shrinking whether I have them washed or not. It seems that they shrink proportionately to the length of the cruise. It is probably the humidity.

Hi There

Watch what you send out to be washed as they do things on a very hot wash so a few items like t shirts shrink

We now select what items to let ship do

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

We used the complimentary Elite laundry for the first time on the Caribbean Princess last month. I'm really looking forward to it when we take longer cruises. Even for a week-long cruise, though, it helped us keep from packing as much. For some week-long cruises, we've taken three pieces of checked luggage. This time we got it down to two, including one back that had our snorkels and masks, which take up a lot of room. DH still wants to bring too many pairs of shoes, and having free laundry service doesn't help me on that front. It did help me keep him from bringing quite so many shirts.

Actually, I find my things shrinking whether I have them washed or not. It seems that they shrink proportionately to the length of the cruise. It is probably the humidity.

LOL! I'm still the queen of sink washing. Of course, jeans and the like go to the laundromat, but I try to pack so I don't have to do a lot of laundry. I don't know if I'll trust the ship laundry even when I do reach Elite.

Don't send good clothing to their laundry for washing. It'll never be the same, but if you do, use something to pre-treat any spots since they don't remove most of the stains. Washing on the ship is nothing like at home. :( They shrink stuff, tear stuff and occasionally lost items. Even with free washing we avoid using it until we're forced to.

You can avoid the hot washing by using the "Cleaning" process instead of the "Laundry". Cleaning is on the right side of the ticket, laundry on the left side. It is not your traditional dry cleaning process. On the PP and OP it is a true gentle cycle cold water wash and lower temp dry - they use separate machines.

Be sure to mark on special instructions that you want a cold wash.

I always use the laundry and have not had any problems. No shrinkage, no tears, no losses. No buttons broken. Pants come back folded on hangers. Shirts are ironed and on hangers. Undies, socks etc are folded and are bagged.

DH still wants to bring too many pairs of shoes, and having free laundry service doesn't help me on that front.

Don't forget the Elite Shoe Polishing Service - "Your shoes will be polished upon request - this service is complimentary."

Or does he take all his shoes on the cruise because that's the only time he ever gets them polished?;)

My first cruise as Elite is coming up shortly. I'm looking forward to enjoying the laundry/cleaning/shoe polishing perk. What I'm thinking is that every morning I will send out the clothes I wore the previous day (basically 1 or 2 shirts, underwear, socks, shorts, slacks). Is this a common way of using the service? If not, what do most of you Elites do?

Don't send good clothing to their laundry for washing. It'll never be the same, but if you do, use something to pre-treat any spots since they don't remove most of the stains. Washing on the ship is nothing like at home. :( They shrink stuff, tear stuff and occasionally lost items. Even with free washing we avoid using it until we're forced to.

We have found that Princess gets out spots that never come out at home, especially collar stains from suntan lotion, and even some mustard spots (which seem to appear on my white polo shirts with some frequency :confused: ).

I guess experiences vary...

The items we have marked LAUNDRY come back neatly folded.

When marked CLEAN, they are returned ironed on hangers.

We've never had a problem with things shrinking. :)

LuLu

As an Elite we use the ship's laundry on every cruise, and now pack about half as much as we used to. I fill out the tickets, and use the Left half of the laundry ticket (laundry). As noted below, all the shirts, slacks, pajamas return neatly pressed and on hangers.

My first cruise as Elite is coming up shortly. I'm looking forward to enjoying the laundry/cleaning/shoe polishing perk. What I'm thinking is that every morning I will send out the clothes I wore the previous day (basically 1 or 2 shirts, underwear, socks, shorts, slacks). Is this a common way of using the service? If not, what do most of you Elites do?
about every 3rd day for us.

We have found that Princess gets out spots that never come out at home, especially collar stains from suntan lotion, and even some mustard spots (which seem to appear on my white polo shirts with some frequency :confused: ).

I guess experiences vary...

Wow, I'll say they do. I've gotten simple stains on a polo shirt from the DR & when it comes back it's just barely removed. At home it would be gone.

The only thing that seems to work is their cleaning process but I only use that for my jeans on longer cruises when I do send them in.

I agree.

We seldom use the free elite laundry anymore. We've had more than our share of bad luck. I keep posting these photos simply as a warning.

One wash of a high quality, nearly new t-shirt:

blogger-image--1035845317.jpg

A few small holes caused by the ship's laundry grew with each subsequent wash:

blogger-image--1285376694.jpg

blogger-image--1712713953.jpg

We've even had several broken waistband buttons caused by pressing of shorts that cleaned (not laundered).