Oasis updated deck plan now available on RCI website

genegri

The new RS is now available November 29th, the week after we sail. They must think that they will have it done sooner. I am going to keep my eye on it to see if it becomes available. It currently is less than what we paid for a SLS.

I will definitely try to get some pictures the week we are on board, unless of course someone beats me to it.

I think a B2B is in order then, so you don't have to sneak in and get photos.:D

What will happen to those who booked the president suite and Royal family suite? Will they be automatically move to the new Royal suite?

RS and PS guests would more than likely get New 1701 and 1758 RS

If prior booked in RS 12240 or PS12260

The PS is now 2 RFS, RFS differs from RS

Edited by PompeySailor

RS and PS guests would more than likely get New 1701 and 1758 RS

If prior booked in RS 12240 or PS12260

The PS is now 2 RFS, RFS differs from RS

Depending on how many had booked into a PS I could also see them offering both RFS's. The only problem with the PS is they could hold up to 14 and I know that some who booked under the KSF promo were cramming many into that cabin and they certainly would not all fit into one of the new RS's.

Depending on how many had booked into a PS I could also see them offering both RFS's. The only problem with the PS is they could hold up to 14 and I know that some who booked under the KSF promo were cramming many into that cabin and they certainly would not all fit into one of the new RS's.

Totally agree with you on the PS if a full compliment would need at least 2 staterooms

And that could only really be x2 RFS or RLS and an RS

Edited by PompeySailor

Definitely not happy about another ship now being without a VCL. I don't get why a company just all of a sudden decides to trash their most iconic design feature. Like Carnival deciding to remove the whale tail funnels. I get that it's still technically there, but now it's not going to be open to the public.

Definitely not happy about another ship now being without a VCL. I don't get why a company just all of a sudden decides to trash their most iconic design feature. Like Carnival deciding to remove the whale tail funnels. I get that it's still technically there, but now it's not going to be open to the public.

Too much non-revenue space.

From Royals website re Quantum / Anthem DD restaurant info:

"DETAILS

Featuring gourmet California-Mediterranean fare, Coastal Kitchen is an all-new main dining venue that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the one full-service complimentary restaurant created exclusively for suite guests on Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM, and has a dedicated Chef de Cuisine, Gold Anchor service, and Dynamic Dining times and options.

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR JUNIOR SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE"

And a copy & paste from the new Oasis deck plans:

"Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste."

Not sure why there is a difference, unless, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!!?

It seems there would be consistency amongst the ships since they have a corporate matrix that all ships are supposed to adhere to.

But, then again, we are talking about the Lisa LP regime which is devoid of consistency and attention to detail. It's a shame she does not take the time to listen to her CC advisors.

"JS's" too..this is surprising...since those of us that usually book a JS were not "sweet" enough...or perhaps the price of my favorite cabin is going up up !!

Carnival is smart from the start. Their iconic feature will never interfere with revenue. Try as they might, the ship cannot be without a stack.

Carnival is smart from the start. Their iconic feature will never interfere with revenue. Try as they might, the ship cannot be without a stack.

Indeed! And RCI isn't actually "trashing" their "iconic feature" on existing ships, just repurposing the interior.

Indeed! And RCI isn't actually "trashing" their "iconic feature" on existing ships, just repurposing the interior.

I get that revenue is always going to trump fanboy desires. I'm also a Disney fan (EPCOT Center in particular), so I've been around this block many times. It's just painful to see beloved institutions getting destroyed/abused/removed just to satisfy the accountants and stockholders.

I fear that the VCL is only the beginning. Carnival began watering down their product to unacceptable levels years ago, and I've mostly abandoned them for it. I just hate that all this constant money grubbing on Royals part may cause me to have to start over once again.

"DETAILS

Featuring gourmet California-Mediterranean fare, Coastal Kitchen is an all-new main dining venue that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the one full-service complimentary restaurant created exclusively for suite guests on Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM, and has a dedicated Chef de Cuisine, Gold Anchor service, and Dynamic Dining times and options.

"Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste."

Not sure why there is a difference, unless, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!!?

It seems there would be consistency amongst the ships since they have a corporate matrix that all ships are supposed to adhere to.

But, then again, we are talking about the Lisa LP regime which is devoid of consistency and attention to detail. It's a shame she does not take the time to listen to her CC advisors.

Agree -- Coastal Kitchen access should be the same for all ships. They should have constructed a facility on OA that could accommodate JSs.

I get that revenue is always going to trump fanboy desires. I'm also a Disney fan (EPCOT Center in particular), so I've been around this block many times. It's just painful to see beloved institutions getting destroyed/abused/removed just to satisfy the accountants and stockholders.

I fear that the VCL is only the beginning. Carnival began watering down their product to unacceptable levels years ago, and I've mostly abandoned them for it. I just hate that all this constant money grubbing on Royals part may cause me to have to start over once again.

I hear you. It's a shame. Not to mention that Quantum class abandoned the VCL completely. The interesting thing is they are [ETA]not[/ETA] charging Northstar rides as far as I know.

Edited by sail2sea

I get, and agree with your point, and also am (sort of) sad to see the change. I too spent lots of time there on many a ship. Though on most ships there was more activity, on Oasis, it was almost always empty unless there was a "special" event happening there (such as talks with show performers - which was the only time I think I remember a bartender being available).

Given the suite load on Oasis, it does make some sense repurposing it for a suite lounge and restaurant as it should at least offer a more distributed passenger load on the ship, and does offer a bit more space for passengers that are spending a decent amount of money for a specific cruise.

I hear you. It's a shame. Not to mention that Quantum class abandoned the VCL completely. The interesting thing is they are charging Northstar rides as far as I know.

I thought the Northstar was free.:confused:

Agree -- Coastal Kitchen access should be the same for all ships. They should have constructed a facility on OA that could accommodate JSs.

Where do you expect RCI to construct this space? It is bad enough that there are many that are unhappy about loosing the VCL, what other area should be given up instead?

Where do you expect RCI to construct this space? It is bad enough that there are many that are unhappy about loosing the VCL, what other area should be given up instead?
Possibly splitting a deck from the former Main Dining Room between The Grande (which I don't think will book well because of the formal dress requirement). By doing that, they could keep the Viking Crown Lounge. I think Celebrity has one deck of the dining room split into main dining and a Special Restaurant (may be Blu) on one or more of their ships. Edited by SherriZ366

"DETAILS

"Coastal Kitchen

Consistency is not an RCI strong suit. Another difference I've seen is the "suggested dress". Smart Casual...by RCIs definition on their website is: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women.

For Dynamic Dining it says Smart Casual for all but Grande and the description is:

Skirts or pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sweater or blouse are appropriate for women.

Pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater are appropriate for men.

Guess it's different depending on which RCI ship you're sailing.

Possibly splitting a deck from the former Main Dining Room between The Grande (which I don't think will book well because of the formal dress requirement). By doing that, they could keep the Viking Crown Lounge. I think Celebrity has one deck of the dining room split into main dining and a Special Restaurant (may be Blu) on one or more of their ships.

I am speculating that they will relax the "formal" use of The Grande (IMO, making it Smart Casual and above), so it may book better (I guess we will see over time).

However, for a suite restaurant, it is best to optimize for the number of suite guests. Even if they added JS, on Oasis, this approximately 300 to 350 (based on my memory of approx 150 JS+ suites, fewer on Quantum), really requiring only 200 seats or less. If just GS+, the required number is even less. Splitting The Grande in two is way too much space for either case. Trying to split that same space into 3 or 4 is likely impractical.

Either way, though, even if either of us were geniuses in design or ship architecture, this decision and implementation is already underway. Best we can hope is that whatever is learned on Oasis will reflect positively on Allure when she goes to dry dock.