Oasis updated deck plan now available on RCI website

genegri

I don't think we will know what this means until someone is actually on the ship and reports back. The CL on Oasis might become a restaurant once DD goes active in March, leaving only the DL and the new "Suite Lounge". It seems hard to believe the space where the CL is now can be both a CL and a restaurant at the same time. But who knows?

Chefs table used to be held upstairs, in the second level of the CL. I am wondering if it will continue with the new restaurant the same way?

If that is the case, I wonder will Chefs Table continue and if so where?

Edited by A&L_Ont

We are always in a JS unless we get upgraded or get a cheap upgrade to a GS, so hope JSs can go to Coastal Kitchen.

From Royals website re Quantum / Anthem DD restaurant info:

"DETAILS

Featuring gourmet California-Mediterranean fare, Coastal Kitchen is an all-new main dining venue that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the one full-service complimentary restaurant created exclusively for suite guests on Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM, and has a dedicated Chef de Cuisine, Gold Anchor service, and Dynamic Dining times and options.

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR JUNIOR SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE"

And a copy & paste from the new Oasis deck plans:

"Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste."

Not sure why there is a difference, unless, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!!?

It seems there would be consistency amongst the ships since they have a corporate matrix that all ships are supposed to adhere to.

But, then again, we are talking about the Lisa LP regime which is devoid of consistency and attention to detail. It's a shame she does not take the time to listen to her CC advisors.

Edited by Tagsalong

Chefs table used to be held upstairs, in the second level of the CL. I am wondering if it will continue with the new restaurant the same way?

If that is the case, I wonder will Chefs Table continue and if so where?

I've been told that Chef's Table will be eliminated completely once Wonderland is fully installed. But that doesn't mean they can't continue it in 150 CP (as someone said people have been told) if the demand is high enough and there is space available in 150. It has never been crowded there each time we've eaten there and that's about 5 times, not always on the first night.

I don't think we will know what this means until someone is actually on the ship and reports back. The CL on Oasis might become a restaurant once DD goes active in March, leaving only the DL and the new "Suite Lounge". It seems hard to believe the space where the CL is now can be both a CL and a restaurant at the same time. But who knows?

Think about it. Maybe what you said is correct. They put those 3 drink vouchers on our seapass cards for a reason. It might have been an adjustment period preceding the possible coming of the elimination of the concierge club on Oasis class. The suite lounge for suites and a d lounge that is more crowded than ever. Which ships are next?

Some people said on here that Chef´s Table is now held in the 150CP (they received an email from RCI saying so).

steamboats

We have purchased Chef's Table for our cruise on Oasis next month. The website says it will be held at "an exclusive enclave within Chops Grille." Here's what's on my planner:

Located in an intimate, exclusive enclave within Chops Grille, this private epicurean experience for up to 16 people treats you to a five-course, upgraded steakhouse menu and wine tasting.

From Royals website re Quantum / Anthem DD restaurant info:

"DETAILS

Featuring gourmet California-Mediterranean fare, Coastal Kitchen is an all-new main dining venue that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is the one full-service complimentary restaurant created exclusively for suite guests on Quantum of the SeasSM and Anthem of the SeasSM, and has a dedicated Chef de Cuisine, Gold Anchor service, and Dynamic Dining times and options.

Dress: SMART CASUAL

Meals Served: BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER

Price: COMPLIMENTARY FOR JUNIOR SUITE GUESTS AND ABOVE"

And a copy & paste from the new Oasis deck plans:

"Coastal Kitchen

Exclusively for guests in Grand Suites and above as well as Pinnacle members, a fresh new fusion of California cool and Med-inspired taste."

Not sure why there is a difference, unless, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing!!?

It seems there would be consistency amongst the ships since they have a corporate matrix that all ships are supposed to adhere to.

But, then again, we are talking about the Lisa LP regime which is devoid of consistency and attention to detail. It's a shame she does not take the time to listen to her CC advisors.

Can't remember if it was discussed on this thread or another one but the difference in the two different criteria for entrance to Coastal Kitchen was thought to be due to the size of the restaurants.

Coastal Kitchen on the Quantum is larger than on the Oasis and I am assuming that the Oasis has more suites than the Quantim.

This is one case that I believe that it is not because the RH does not know what the LH is doing but simply about how many they can realistically serve and limiting access based on suite type to control the numbers.

We have purchased Chef's Table for our cruise on Oasis next month. The website says it will be held at "an exclusive enclave within Chops Grille." Here's what's on my planner:

Located in an intimate, exclusive enclave within Chops Grille, this private epicurean experience for up to 16 people treats you to a five-course, upgraded steakhouse menu and wine tasting.

Chops grill hasn't been intimate for years. Unless they mean sitting on top of the person beside you, and eating off a strangers plate type of intimate. :p

I have a sinking suspicion that this ship will not be be operating at 100% for at least a month or maybe two after dry dock. For a ship that was constructed and planned so well it feels like dry dock is being organized by people with less thought process of a 7 year old. I hope I am 100% wrong.

We sail on her November 22 and on are deck 17. I feel as though they will still be working on the new RS as they are available till a few sailings after ours. Oh, and right now one of the sailings in around 5,000 PP. A deal considering it is the same size as the RLS. Who know if the Costal Kitchen will be done in time.

I have a sinking suspicion that this ship will not be be operating at 100% for at least a month or maybe two after dry dock. For a ship that was constructed and planned so well it feels like dry dock is being organized by people with less thought process of a 7 year old. I hope I am 100% wrong.

We sail on her November 22 and on are deck 17. I feel as though they will still be working on the new RS as they are available till a few sailings after ours. Oh, and right now one of the sailings in around 5,000 PP. A deal considering it is the same size as the RLS. Who know if the Costal Kitchen will be done in time.

I have the same worries, and I wish we'd receive/see something from RCI talking about availability dates for all this new stuff. Are Coastal Kitchen and the new suite lounge going to be available immediately, or are they just to look at until DD starts in March?:rolleyes: I can't imagine they intend to have on-going (noisy & dirty) construction on their most expensive deck for any length of time.:eek: They wouldn't, would they?:confused:

We're cruising on the 15th, and none of the new suites are available to book for our sailing, but they do show on the deck plans. I wonder if they're going to hold the new cabins out of inventory until they're CERTAIN they're complete, and then offer them as last minute upgrades or moves?

We were on 17, and two days ago I switched to a Deck 9 Aqua Theater suite, because I figured I may never get another opportunity to have one for just the two of us. Even though I moved from 17, I'd still like to know if the things up there will be available on my cruise.

I have the same worries, and I wish we'd receive/see something from RCI talking about availability dates for all this new stuff. Are Coastal Kitchen and the new suite lounge going to be available immediately, or are they just to look at until DD starts in March?:rolleyes: I can't imagine they intend to have on-going (noisy & dirty) construction on their most expensive deck for any length of time.:eek: They wouldn't, would they?:confused:

We're cruising on the 15th, and none of the new suites are available to book for our sailing, but they do show on the deck plans. I wonder if they're going to hold the new cabins out of inventory until they're CERTAIN they're complete, and then offer them as last minute upgrades or moves?

We were on 17, and two days ago I switched to a Deck 9 Aqua Theater suite, because I figured I may never get another opportunity to have one for just the two of us. Even though I moved from 17, I'd still like to know if the things up there will be available on my cruise.

If RC actually posted photos on their FB page or somewhere for the general public to see I would feel as though things are going as planned. We all know that things don't go as planned, but other than the detective work by fellow CCers not much has been publicly posted.

I think no matter what floor your cabin is on no one will like construction dirt and dust. People familiar to cruising do know that the first cruise after a dry dock will still have work going on. Newbies, perhaps not.

I will keep my eyes posted if the new RS is done and not being used. Heck, will it be two stories or one. They have described it, but know where does it say it is a loft, making it different that the RLS. I will see if my steward friends on 17 will sneak me in to get a look, and maybe a few pictures. I don't want to get them in trouble but, if I don't ask I would never find out. CC might have pictures on line before RC does.:D

Edited by A&L_Ont

Can't remember if it was discussed on this thread or another one but the difference in the two different criteria for entrance to Coastal Kitchen was thought to be due to the size of the restaurants.

Coastal Kitchen on the Quantum is larger than on the Oasis and I am assuming that the Oasis has more suites than the Quantim.

This is one case that I believe that it is not because the RH does not know what the LH is doing but simply about how many they can realistically serve and limiting access based on suite type to control the numbers.

Good point. Quantum has 41 Grand Suites & above, with 56 Juniors = 97 total; Oasis has 84 GS and 84 JS = 168 total (approximately).

If both restaurants were the same size (we don't know Oasis's yet), then the Oasis CK would have to accommodate nearly twice as many guests if JS were allowed.

Edited by Tagsalong

The new RS is now available November 29th, the week after we sail. They must think that they will have it done sooner. I am going to keep my eye on it to see if it becomes available. It currently is less than what we paid for a SLS.

I will definitely try to get some pictures the week we are on board, unless of course someone beats me to it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I will keep my eyes posted if the new RS is done and not being used. Heck, will it be two stories or one. They have described it, but know where does it say it is a loft, making it different that the RLS. I will see if my steward friends on 17 will sneak me in to get a look, and maybe a few pictures. I don't want to get them in trouble but, if I don't ask I would never find out. CC might have pictures on line before RC does.:D

The deck plan does indicate them as one deck suites. You'll have to let us know. Curious about all the changes!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

If RC actually posted photos on their FB page or somewhere for the general public to see I would feel as though things are going as planned. We all know that things don't go as planned, but other than the detective work by fellow CCers not much has been publicly posted.

I think no matter what floor your cabin is on no one will like construction dirt and dust. People familiar to cruising do know that the first cruise after a dry dock will still have work going on. Newbies, perhaps not.

I doubt the RS will be two decks, for one thing it would show on the new deck plans on deck 18 the way the Loft Suites do. However as the ceiling height is there I would expect these spaces to have the ceiling height carried over from the Pinnacle Chapel and Lounge. This would create a brand new product, much, much nicer than the previous RS and PFS and would explain the decision to remove those completely because they could not compete. Windows which effectively span two decks in height, high ceilings, and a large footprint. These are going to be two very valuable suites. :)

Oh forget it, sorry the useful link does not worK

but there is an official info on all the changes on the RC Blog

******************.com/2014/10/09/oasis-of-the-seas-deck-plan-changes-coming-after-dry-dock-complete

Edited by ChipLondon

Oh forget it, sorry the useful link does not worK

but there is an official info on all the changes on the RC Blog

******************.com/2014/10/09/oasis-of-the-seas-deck-plan-changes-coming-after-dry-dock-complete

Great link, nice to see they took the time to do the side by side comparison between old and new with pictures of deck plans

Am I the only one that noticed the Diamond Lounge no longer exists on the Deck Plans??? (Unless it has been moved and I haven't seen it yet).....

Now on deck 4, aft, starboard side of the dining room.

Am I the only one that noticed the Diamond Lounge no longer exists on the Deck Plans??? (Unless it has been moved and I haven't seen it yet).....

It's been moved to Deck 4 into what used to be a private dining area.

Moved to deck 4, Starbord (opposite of Izumi).

Oasis has 84 GS and 84 JS = 168 total (approximately).

I personally didn't check, but did this number include the 9 added suites (at least that I easily count: 8 new, one changed into 2)?