First Azamara cruise - what is our status?

Cruising Latitude

This will be our first Azamara cruise. I saw that on Azamara's website that Le Club status starts as Adventurer (0 to 149 points, we have 0), is that correct?

Yes unless you have points with celebrity. Celebrity points will be counted as azamara points

Yes unless you have points with celebrity. Celebrity points will be counted as azamara points

My first Azamara cruise too, but I am Elite on Celebrity.

Do we therefore get similar perks on Azamara- Internet minutes, laundry?

Anyone who has not cruised Azamara or Celebrity previously will start with no points and be at Adventurer level and entitled to that levels perks. However if you have sailed with Celebrity in the past then there is equality between your Captain's Club level and Azamara's Le Club Voyage level.

Therefore upwarduk, as Elite on Celebrity you will be Discoverer on Azamara and entitled to all the benefits, including the laundry and Internet minutes.

I may be wrong, but I don't think you get any benefits on your first cruise unless you have cruised on Celebrity. The The Le Club Voyage World Newsletter states "Benefits for All Le Club Voyage Members (After Completion of First Voyage)."

I may be wrong, but I don't think you get any benefits on your first cruise unless you have cruised on Celebrity. The The Le Club Voyage World Newsletter states "Benefits for All Le Club Voyage Members (After Completion of First Voyage)."

This is correct. LCV membership begins on Cruise #2.

Does this mean that even if you have points from celebrity cruises that would put you in a level on azamara you get no benefit on your first azamara cruise?

No, Cruise #2 includes both lines. Once you've cruised on one of the lines, you're a member and benefits begin on Cruise #2.

My Celebrity Captain's Club number is on my booking and I have never sailed Azamara before.

This from post #50 on our Roll Call:

"We are Captain's Club Elite and have been assured that we have reciprocal benefits immediately on our first Azamara cruise, so that is nice."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2109945&page=4

Edited by upwarduk

When I took my first Azamara cruise I was already Elite on Celebrity, and I received Discoverer benefits on the Azamara cruise.

If the OP hasn't sailed with either line before they will not receive any benefit.

Edited by Glenndale

Thank you all for the answers. Haven't sailed with Celebrity yet, and I am a few points away from RCI platinum. We do have another week-long vacation planned before the Azamara cruise; currently with Celebrity, but if we can get a good last minute deal on Allure/Oasis we will switch. So either way we will have some beginner status between us. :)

Edited by ms Eden