Transportation Question from Venice to Rome

HopeO

I am in the process of booking an 11 night Adriatic dream vacation in April. It departs from Rome but ends in Venice. What is the best way to travel back to Rome for our flight home. I do not want to stay in Venice overnight as I have heard it is very expensive.

Thanks

It is very easy to use the train.

I am in the process of booking an 11 night Adriatic dream vacation in April. It departs from Rome but ends in Venice. What is the best way to travel back to Rome for our flight home. I do not want to stay in Venice overnight as I have heard it is very expensive.

Thanks

After spending for the cruise and going all the way to Italy, it seems a shame to not spend a little time in Venice - one of the most amazing and beautiful cities in the world. Anyway, whether you spend the night or not, you will find the TrenItalia web site very easy to use to check time tables and book a train ticket -definitely the best way - about 3 hours - and very comfortable - way to get to Rome.

Thanks

The train! We were on a 24 day and was in Venice for 3 days after. Just take the tram from the ship terminal get off walk to the train station. Easy, and if you travel light is a snap. If not you will walk a little slower. Such an easy walk. We took the train to Rome Tremini Station and it was great.

3STAR MARINER becoming 4 on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbean Cruise 3/15/2015

Several people have answered your other thread. Have you seen the replies here;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2118957

CruiserBruce😊

How did you find out that they already placed this question before? I am curious to find out. I know where I have over 400 reviews on trip Advisor I can find out, but on CC, I guess I just never tried.☺️

Sincerly,

Denise

3STAR MARINER becoming 4on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbiean Cruise 3/15/2015

IF you are flying home the same day it may actually be easier for you to get a flight from Venice if you can find a good fare. Just be careful which airport you depart and arive from as there are two possibilities in both cities. We just booked Palermo to Rome next week for $70 each baggage charges etc all included.

A shame to pass on Venice. If you cannot fly home from Venice and must spend a night in Rome, the only real increase in cost is the difference in cost between a Rome hotel and a Venice hotel.

We usually book B&B's in Venice. We find them much less expensive than a hotel and often more comfortable. Venice does not have to be outrageously expensive if you are a careful traveler.

CruiserBruce

How did you find out that they already placed this question before? I am curious to find out. I know where I have over 400 reviews on trip Advisor I can find out, but on CC, I guess I just never tried.☺️

Sincerly,

Denise

3STAR MARINER becoming 4on next cruise

Sailing Nieuw Amsterdam B2B western/eastern Caribbiean Cruise 3/15/2015

Because I was one of the people who had answered the OP on the other thread.

You can also click on the person's screen name, and see various things about the person's postings.

Why not fly back from Venice?
Very few direct flights from Venice to anywhere in the US - also fares may be more competitive from Rome.
Then it's quite easy to fly from Venice to Rome and then on to the US from there.

Or alternatively, if there's going to be a journey from Venice to a gateway/hub anyway, there may be better schedules and connections if flying from Venice and connecting somewhere other than Rome. Just because the outbound flight is to Rome doesn't mean that the inbound flight must start in Rome.

I am going to go out on a limb here. If you think that Venice is expensive, do you really think Rome is any less expensive? Having stayed in both cities, I think the prices are comparable.

I really think you should enjoy Venice. It is a unique place and one that should not be missed. Not saying Rome is not unique and should be missed. Also, if you have the money for a cruise, then why are you scrimping on missing some of the most beautiful places on this planet?

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

I am going to go out on a limb here. If you think that Venice is expensive, do you really think Rome is any less expensive? Having stayed in both cities, I think the prices are comparable.

I really think you should enjoy Venice. It is a unique place and one that should not be missed. Not saying Rome is not unique and should be missed. Also, if you have the money for a cruise, then why are you scrimping on missing some of the most beautiful places on this planet?

Terri

Excellent point.

US Airways offers a direct Venice to Philadelphia flight that leaves around noon.

We're flying to Venice then home from Athens on US Airways next June through Philidelphia. As I recall US Airways only offers those flights from May through September or October so they'd not be available in April for the OP. In May we took them into Athens and then back out of Rome through Philidelphia and had great flights.

Very much agree with cousin Terri. We go to Italy often, in fact we are there now. Venice can be more expensive if you do not plan or if you eat in the expensive tourist traps..or feel that you need to go to Harry's to have a few of those $15 drinks.

It would be a shame to pass through Venice and not spend one time there.