using Luggage Valet with TSA Pre-Check

virginialucy

Has anyone ever used Luggage Valet with TSA Pre-Check? I'm thinking of doing Luggage Valet at the end of our upcoming cruise (from what I've read I should meet all the requirements) but my BF is worried about Pre-Check not showing up on his boarding pass. If you've done this, did you have any problems?

My family and I have done this---never again. It was a nightmare from start to end. Wrong tags, wrong names on the tags, not enough tags, lost luggage, ARGHHHH!

Maybe they have worked out the kinks and our experience was unusual, but lessoned learned for us: we won't do it again.

I have had the opposite result of the previous post. I've used it many times. Valet is wonderful and I'm pretty sure that the boarding pass still showed TSA pre-check. Full disclosure - I did have some lost bags on one trip, but it wasn't a problem as we were going home.

Has anyone ever used Luggage Valet with TSA Pre-Check? I'm thinking of doing Luggage Valet at the end of our upcoming cruise (from what I've read I should meet all the requirements) but my BF is worried about Pre-Check not showing up on his boarding pass. If you've done this, did you have any problems?

I have not used Luggage Valet but can speak to the TSA-Pre showing up on boarding passes as I travel a lot for work. There are times when I check in at home and the Pre does not show up, so when I get to the airport, I go to one of the kiosks and reprint my passes and 99% of the time it then shows correctly. The times when I re-print and it does not show up are the times when the random screening factor of TSA-Pre kicks in, so I have to go trough the regular screening

Does celebrity actually print out boarding passes? Seems they don't as they prepare the luggage package more than 24 hours in advance of flights so they can not as most (if not all) airlines only allow check in 24 hours prior to flight time.

They don't deliver actual Baggage Claim tags, they deliver a tag of theirs, that as they load luggage onto the delivery truck, they scan and it then reprints out the proper Airline Luggage tags and they affix the Airline tags then (or maybe not even until they get to the airport).

I don't recall them printing my boarding passes - just got the luggage valet tags. I may not be remembering correctly...I fly United, and United doesn't print luggage check particulars on their boarding passes.

In any case, I am TSA Precheck and have used luggage valet with no issues. End of the day, it's the barcode they read not just the symbol on the boarding pass, they scan the barcode and if one is Precheck it beeps if not they don't let you through.

There can be instances where one has the Precheck logo and get to the stand and be denied - it's all about the magic encoded barcode on the boarding pass.

Have used both...but not together. Luggage Valet for us would outweigh pre pass.....but hope we are lucky enough to get both

we pay extra to SW air for early boarding group....and usually print out pass 24 hrs ahead....not sure how all this works but would they also get the pass 24 hrs ahead,

Edited by hcat

Celebrity DOES print boarding passes as well as luggage claim tags. This is NOT done more than 24 hours in advance. It is a standard boarding pass with the airline bar code. If TSA precheck info is missing you need to reprint the pass at the airport.

Having Pre-Check doesn't guarantee that you'll get it every time. You may still be randomly selected to go through "regular" security.

We have used it twice and both times we got our boarding passes with our Delta luggage tags.

Same here. We used it last cruise on Allure from FLL home with no problems. That is why we are doing it again next cruise with Celebrity...brilliant. We flew Delta as well. Our tags and passes with the needed info were in our room the night before we debarked.

Edited by BecciBoo

I have not used Luggage Valet but can speak to the TSA-Pre showing up on boarding passes as I travel a lot for work. There are times when I check in at home and the Pre does not show up, so when I get to the airport, I go to one of the kiosks and reprint my passes and 99% of the time it then shows correctly. The times when I re-print and it does not show up are the times when the random screening factor of TSA-Pre kicks in, so I have to go trough the regular screening

Many airlines have your Known Traveler # in your profile but as security measure will NOT automatically print it on your boarding pass. When checking on line go to the "Boarding Pass" area and click on update my info. 9/10 times the KT# is blank and you will have to input it.

Carole

• 1 month later...

We used Luggage Valet on our just completed Equinox cruise and it was great. No issues at all and we both got TSA approval.

However the main reason that I am bringing this thread back from the grave yard is to point out one benefit not mentioned: luggage weight restrictions are waived. Based on what that cost us going to FLL, we saved $100. IMO, if you can get it go for it. Easily worth the $20/person.

OP here. We got back from our cruise on Sunday. We did the Luggage Valet and the TSA Pre-Check worked fine. We also took advantage of the overweight fee being waived, which is a great benefit. My BF was worried about our luggage not showing up back home but it did. I definitely think Luggage Valet is worth the fee.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

As long as your known traveler number is in your profile pre will show up. If it doesn't you can always re-print at the airport.

Can you use OBC to pay for luggage valet?

Anyone fly first class w/luggage valet & dud your bags under up with the priority tags on them?

We used the valet service last month for the first time and we will definitely use it again wherever it's available. We printed our boarding passes because celebrity was waiting to hear whether southwest would approve the service. The evening before disembarkation we received a packet with boarding passes which were identical to what we had already printed including the pre-check notation. At our destination, our luggage was at the carousel before any others on our flight so we think it may have been placed on an earlier flight.

We used the valet service last month for the first time and we will definitely use it again wherever it's available. We printed our boarding passes because celebrity was waiting to hear whether southwest would approve the service. The evening before disembarkation we received a packet with boarding passes which were identical to what we had already printed including the pre-check notation. At our destination, our luggage was at the carousel before any others on our flight so we think it may have been placed on an earlier flight.

I highly doubt your luggage was on an earlier flight as FAA rules dictate that unless the airline make a mistake, your luggage must travel on the flight with you. Sometimes the airlines will even pull luggage that has been loaded when a passenger misses a flight. Your luggage coming off early was probably luck of the draw on Southwest.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

F

I highly doubt your luggage was on an earlier flight as FAA rules dictate that unless the airline make a mistake, your luggage must travel on the flight with you. Sometimes the airlines will even pull luggage that has been loaded when a passenger misses a flight. Your luggage coming off early was probably luck of the draw on Southwest.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

Their luggage could have arrived on an earlier flight. The TSA rule on luggage is that you cannot separate your self from your luggage, but the airlines can. For example if you change your flight very last minute to an earlier flight if your luggage did not make the transfer they will pull you off the plane.

Have you ever taken a flight and your luggage went to another location and or did not arrive with you? It happens all the time. Especially when traveling on the regional carriers.

The airlines may separate you and put your luggage on an earlier or later flight for any reason, usually it is a weight and balance issue.So yes their luggage could have arrived sooner if the airline decided to seperate them from their bag, it happens infrequeny, but it does happen.

Edited by DZalumni
Clarification