Glass Blocks

DEEDIA

Think I heard somewhere when you reach Diamond you receive a Glass Block, on the Sailing you are on, not the one you reached the milestone on. Is this correct because our next Cruise is on the Anthem of the Seas. If I'm correct is this given to you aboard Ship or posted. If I'm wrong please discard this message :D:D

Think I heard somewhere when you reach Diamond you receive a Glass Block, on the Sailing you are on, not the one you reached the milestone on. Is this correct because our next Cruise is on the Anthem of the Seas. If I'm correct is this given to you aboard Ship or posted. If I'm wrong please discard this message :D:D

You would get the block during the cruise on which you will earn the points. As noted above, the first block comes at 140 points, and every 70 points thereafter.

Just a clarification - they are crystal not glass. Nice mementos.

They are either presented to you at a welcome back function or left in your cabin during a cruise where you achieve 140 points. Plus what Bob said about every 70 points thereafter.

Some say checking in with the Loyalty Ambassador will ensure delivery during a qualifying cruise. We had missed getting one and a call to C&A rectified that.

Edited by Scotty G
add info

I thought you only needed 80 points to reach Diamond? That's what it shows on the RCL website. I was hoping to reach that level after our next cruise.

Yes, you only need 80 points to reach Diamond level, but you need 140 points for the first crystal block.

Just a clarification - they are crystal not glass. Nice mementos.

They are either presented to you at a welcome back function or left in your cabin during a cruise where you achieve 140 points. Plus what Bob said about every 70 points thereafter.

Some say checking in with the Loyalty Ambassador will ensure delivery during a qualifying cruise. We had missed getting one and a call to C&A rectified that.

That's not always the case--you have to remind the LA and follow up.

So, right now I'm at 205 points and we are booked in a JS for a 7 night cruise in December. Will I receive The Crystal Block on the cruise in December, or the following cruise? A little excited since the cruise credit/points program had changed when we were first entitled. Thx!

Edited by eileen226

So, right now I'm at 205 points and we are booked in a JS for a 7 night cruise in December. Will I receive The Crystal Block on the cruise in December, or the following cruise? A little excited since the cruise credit/points program had changed when we were first entitled. Thx!

You receive it on the cruise that you get the points. So you'll get it on your next cruise.

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and ask if you are on the list for the milestone (crystal block) award. Sometimes Miami does not send an accurate list.

Go see the Loyalty Ambassador early in the cruise and ask if you are on the list for the milestone (crystal block) award. Sometimes Miami does not send an accurate list.

You also have to be careful if your cruises are too close to each other. I was on the Monarch and a week later I was back on the Monarch. Well, my points haven't caught up to me yet. When I asked the LA about it he said I didn't have the points to qualify. When I tried to explain it to him he wasn't interested. His only concern was to sell cruises. He said "I'll have check on that, come back later". So I go back later (Now it's become a mission) He goes to his cabinet, which is only 2 feet away and takes out a block. He gives it to me and says "OK, I checked with the head office". Sheesh you'd have thought I was demanding a free cruise or something. Like I said, his main concern was selling cruises. They should change that title from Loyalty Ambassador to cruise consultant.

We received our first block on the cruise where 140 days hit in the middle of the cruise. It was delivered to our stateroom with a nice note. We ill hit 210 the day we get off of Brilliance (actually 205 because it's a 5-night cruise, but double points gets us to 210 because we're in a suite). This may sound strange, but I'd rather not get the block on that cruise (our first one was also on Brilliance), but on our next cruise (FOS in March). Maybe I should just avoid the LA and hope they forget:)

We received our first block on the cruise where 140 days hit in the middle of the cruise. It was delivered to our stateroom with a nice note. We ill hit 210 the day we get off of Brilliance (actually 205 because it's a 5-night cruise, but double points gets us to 210 because we're in a suite). This may sound strange, but I'd rather not get the block on that cruise (our first one was also on Brilliance), but on our next cruise (FOS in March). Maybe I should just avoid the LA and hope they forget:)

That's actually a pretty good plan. ;)

We actually booked our Enchantment cruise in December so we would have enough points to receive a block on the Oasis in April. Without it we would have been at 278, now we will hit 280 on the second to last night. :D

Without it we would have gotten another Freedom. As it is we may still get another Freedom in December of 15 as well. I don't think I can work my way out of that one. :o

My experience is that they are more likely to forget you because of the double points. I had a difficult time a few years back on Indy getting them to use triple points for our cruise on Indy during Diamonds in December.

Edited by clarea