Glass Blocks

DEEDIA

You also have to be careful if your cruises are too close to each other. I was on the Monarch and a week later I was back on the Monarch. Well, my points haven't caught up to me yet. When I asked the LA about it he said I didn't have the points to qualify. When I tried to explain it to him he wasn't interested. His only concern was to sell cruises. He said "I'll have check on that, come back later". So I go back later (Now it's become a mission) He goes to his cabinet, which is only 2 feet away and takes out a block. He gives it to me and says "OK, I checked with the head office". Sheesh you'd have thought I was demanding a free cruise or something. Like I said, his main concern was selling cruises. They should change that title from Loyalty Ambassador to cruise consultant.

I had a similarly poor experience getting my 1st block on the Serenade last January. Thanks to CC, I knew to check up front with the LA to see if I was on the list. She rudely told me 140 points was not eligible. Ok, so now it's my mission to get this block. I looked it up on C&A to confirm they hadn't changed anything in the last 3 days :rolleyes:, and went back to her. She then told me I would get it at the welcome back event. So, I went. They gave them out to all of the upper tier, but not to me. Officially annoyed now, I went back to her and she told me she gave it to the housekeeping. Of course my room steward did not have it. He kindly went looking for it, and said it was not delivered. One more trip to her, and it finally showed up on the last day.

I am not a complainer. I always expect bumps in the road, but this one convinced me I have little/no use for the LA.

I had a similarly poor experience getting my 1st block on the Serenade last January. Thanks to CC, I knew to check up front with the LA to see if I was on the list. She rudely told me 140 points was not eligible. Ok, so now it's my mission to get this block. I looked it up on C&A to confirm they hadn't changed anything in the last 3 days :rolleyes:, and went back to her. She then told me I would get it at the welcome back event. So, I went. They gave them out to all of the upper tier, but not to me. Officially annoyed now, I went back to her and she told me she gave it to the housekeeping. Of course my room steward did not have it. He kindly went looking for it, and said it was not delivered. One more trip to her, and it finally showed up on the last day.

I am not a complainer. I always expect bumps in the road, but this one convinced me I have little/no use for the LA.

I was also one of the lucky one that lost my first block due to the conversion. I went from 19 credits to 146 points. I went from 1 credit short to 6 credits over. Then at 210 points I had the other issue. I've decided I'm not going to bother anymore. I won't be wasting my time on something so trivial. That guy on the Monarch wouldn't even talk to you unless you signed his book for an appointment.

I was also one of the lucky one that lost my first block due to the conversion. I went from 19 credits to 146 points. I went from 1 credit short to 6 credits over. Then at 210 points I had the other issue. I've decided I'm not going to bother anymore. I won't be wasting my time on something so trivial. That guy on the Monarch wouldn't even talk to you unless you signed his book for an appointment.

I was actually excited to get the block on this particular cruise, because it's a memento of my last opportunity to cruise with some elderly relatives, as well as my sister and daughter. We made a reunion out of it.

It turned into a treasure hunt. For me, it was worth the effort ;).

We also missed our first one due to the conversion but we just called and they mailed it to us. We also missed the second one, same reason had double points. We just called C and A again and they mailed it to us.

Edited by molly361

You would get the block during the cruise on which you will earn the points. As noted above, the first block comes at 140 points, and every 70 points thereafter.

We have 340 pts have revved 3 blocks so far. Do you get a block for every 70 or 140 pts?

Thanks!

We have 340 pts have revved 3 blocks so far. Do you get a block for every 70 or 140 pts?

Thanks!

Every 70 points, starting at 140. So at 140, 210, 280, 350, ... Your 4th block should be at 350 points.

We received our first block on the cruise where 140 days hit in the middle of the cruise. It was delivered to our stateroom with a nice note. We ill hit 210 the day we get off of Brilliance (actually 205 because it's a 5-night cruise, but double points gets us to 210 because we're in a suite). This may sound strange, but I'd rather not get the block on that cruise (our first one was also on Brilliance), but on our next cruise (FOS in March). Maybe I should just avoid the LA and hope they forget

The day you disembark the ship is actually the 6th day of your 5 night cruise which does not count towards your cruise point total. So you will actually reach 210 on Day 5 and even though you don't want another block from Brilliance, that is the ship that you will earn it on.

We have 340 pts have recvd 3 blocks so far. Do you get a block for every 70 or 140 pts?

Thanks!

You earn your first block at 140 points and then you'll receive another block for every 70 points after that. And it will be on the ship that is earning you that milestone.

Edited by cruisenfever

We never got one and are at 205 do you think if I called they would send it? A fellow cruiser told me about them at a top tier event but I never received one and never bothered to call about it but now I would like to have it. Just wondering!!

Can't hurt to try- We did it but it was shortly after the time that we should have received it.

We never got one and are at 205 do you think if I called they would send it? A fellow cruiser told me about them at a top tier event but I never received one and never bothered to call about it but now I would like to have it. Just wondering!!

It worked for me. I sent an e-mail to C & A. They mailed it to me a few weeks later.

Love it! ;)

On our last trip we chatted with a Pinnacle member with quite the collection of these. She said it really varies from ship to ship. Some are big about making the presentation, others will quietly leave it in your cabin, and others will send it home for you.

The day you disembark the ship is actually the 6th day of your 5 night cruise which does not count towards your cruise point total. So you will actually reach 210 on Day 5 and even though you don't want another block from Brilliance, that is the ship that you will earn it on.

Oh well, I guess it's time to start designing a set of bookend mounts for them;)

Question: Some posts say 140 days, others say 140 points. Are they the same? As for credits, it looks like all of our cruises before 2011 were given 1 credit, those after counted the number of days. Is that the norm?

It is the norm that each cruise got one credit (with some exceptions) before Jan 2011 and got one point per night (with some exceptions) after Jan 2011.

Crystal blocks are based on points.

It is the norm that each cruise got one credit (with some exceptions) before Jan 2011 and got one point per night (with some exceptions) after Jan 2011.

Crystal blocks are based on points.

Was the conversion 7 points per credit

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Was the conversion 7 points per credit.

Primarily, with a fudge factor added:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Think I heard somewhere when you reach Diamond you receive a Glass Block, on the Sailing you are on, not the one you reached the milestone on. Is this correct because our next Cruise is on the Anthem of the Seas. If I'm correct is this given to you aboard Ship or posted. If I'm wrong please discard this message :D:D

You get your first glass block at 140 points - on the ship that you earned it on.

You become Diamond at 80 points and you become Diamond Plus at 175 points.

You get your second glass block at 210 points.

You earn a glass block every 70 points. You should get it on the ship that you earned it on.