Acceptable MDR Attire

Sorry - can't get "search" to work and I'm pressed for time. Boarding Liberty today and have apparently neglected to pack DH any long pants except his suit for formal night. We've got MTD and will only be in the dining room 2 nights. Will cargo shorts and a polo shirt (with casual shoes, not sandals) be acceptable? If not I guess he can just make his suit pants work. TIA.

Edited by ronandannette

shorts are frowned upon and yes I have seen people refused entry , even on non formal nights.

whether YOU will be permitted entry is up to the maitre d'

forget what ANYONE on the boards say.. it is ultimately up to the guy at the podium.

I know there are no shorts and MDR calls for smart casual on non formal nights, but can ladies occasionally wear nice pressed jeans and a nice top?

they did not enforce any dress code in MDR on my cruise , many people had shorts on, I wish they would enforce the rules ( on Navigator in April)

I know there are no shorts and MDR calls for smart casual on non formal nights, but can ladies occasionally wear nice pressed jeans and a nice top?

Yes! Jeans are not mentioned on the list of items that they ask you not to wear in the MDR

Jeans have never been disallowed - however a lot of people feel they are too hot for the Caribbean and heavy to pack if you are flying to the cruise port.

Have a great cruise and let us know how it goes. I will be on Indy in three weeks and am curious if they enforce the sign used on Explorer. On Allure in September it was basically "come as you are - anything goes".

Yes! Jeans are not mentioned on the list of items that they ask you not to wear in the MDR

Just off today; I don't know how closely they enforced the dress code because we didn't attempt to fudge it. I'm not really a people-watcher so I never really observed anyone in shorts or being turned away.

There were many, many people in jeans, even on formal night.

Sorry - can't get "search" to work and I'm pressed for time. Boarding Liberty today and have apparently neglected to pack DH any long pants except his suit for formal night. We've got MTD and will only be in the dining room 2 nights. Will cargo shorts and a polo shirt (with casual shoes, not sandals) be acceptable? If not I guess he can just make his suit pants work. TIA.

Couldn't he wear his pants from his suit and a golf shirt?

Last year, no shorts was enforced on Grandeur, but last week on Jewel of the Seas, it didn't seem to be enforced. Two folks that we knew came in twice wearing shorts and I asked if anyone had said something to them. They said no and it was the second time they had worn shorts.

1st time on RCI. For formal night...is shirt, tie and dress pants acceptable for DH?

It is acceptable, but on a 7 night ( or longer) cruise we find that most of the men are also in a jacket for the formal nights.

From your post, I did not know the length of your cruise.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I know it irritates many people on this board, but you can always "lose your luggage" and show up in shorts. We ate dinner once where the husband had his suitcase lost by the airline. They got it at the second port of call. But the first few nights when the guy at the podium questioned him, he just told them about the lost luggage and let him in. I felt sorry for him because I know he was the type who would normally dress properly, but it was one of those things.

They did not call to confirm the luggage issue, just took his word. I know its a cheat, but you are boarding, nothing to be done now.:)