Free beverage package on 2015 cruises - 14 to 32 days cruises

Cinerama

I see that Princess is now including the $49 beverage package free for the first and second quests in a state room. This is for some of there 14 to 32 day cruises. I don't know if they just increased the price of these cruises or it really is free. Its not on their web site. This is in a brochure that was sent to me.

Also received the same brochure. The package looks like a decent option for the 17 day Venetian Passage transatlantic cruise that we are considering. (Lots of sea days). I checked the Princess web site to see the same cruise offered under their "3 for Free incentive". The cabin cost was less than the brochure price and also included a $150pp on board credit. When I contacted a Princess cruise planner to see if we could get both incentives I was told that it had to be one or the other...i.e. if I booked under the "3 for free" web site offer the free Beverage Package was not included. Too bad about that.

We also got the brochure. There is a cruise in it that we would love to go on but there is simply no way we can swing it. Work and finances just don't permit it at this time. Bummer. The "savings" from the drink package would be over $1,500 apiece on the cruise we would like to take.

Edited by Thrak

We received the same brochure in the mail. I can't remember the promo code (something like UL?) it mentioned, but when I called Princess about it, she said their computers were programmed to automatically give you the complimentary beverage package promotion if it's applicable to any of the sailings listed in the brochure. As the OP mentioned it was a limited amount of longer voyages (some that were back-to-backs combined).

Think it is disgusting we do not get the same offers in UK and expected to pay more for the cruise than what you do in America and then we get called "tight" for wanting to remove gratuities. Sorry but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and will not sail again with Princess again they take the p*** out of UK cruisers.

Edited by majortom10

I would doubt it if they would turn it into credit but never hurts to ask. I believe this is why they are only offering it on longer cruises only...people tend to go strong at first and really slow down. We've had it several times on Celebrity when given as a free perk. The pricing usually goes up about $600 or more for a 10 day cruise. So, with figuring the cruise line still coming out ahead, they probably count on those people whose bar bills would never reach this amount taking the deal.

I was wondering when Princess was going to start offering this perk. It has been offered now on Celebrity, Holland and Carnival -- maybe others. Although we usually don't drink $1000 worth of drinks on a 10 night cruise, it certainly is convenient. It is not offered for any of the cruises I have booked, unfortunately!

What I'd like to know is whether, if you book a cruise with the package, you can turn it in for a credit and if so, how much credit. There are many people who don't drink or drink very little so the value would be wasted.

We barely get thru half our Elite bar setup on a TA cruise so getting this promo wouldn't entice me to book:(

Think it is disgusting we do not get the same offers in UK and expected to pay more for the cruise than what you do in America and then we get called "tight" for wanting to remove gratuities. Sorry but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and will not sail again with Princess again they take the p*** out of UK cruisers.

If I remember correctly, earlier this year there was a free beverage offer in the UK that those in the USA could not book.

What I'd like to know is whether, if you book a cruise with the package, you can turn it in for a credit and if so, how much credit. There are many people who don't drink or drink very little so the value would be wasted.

Based on other posts, it appears you might be able to book these cruises without the beverage package and just pay less in the first place.

Based on other posts, it appears you might be able to book these cruises without the beverage package and just pay less in the first place.
Others will disagree but for me, I'd much rather pay less. I exchange my mini-bar set-up for all Sprite Zero and may or may not have a $5 drink in the evening. If I'm given a bottle of wine by my TA, I usually turn it in for a credit. Sometimes, I get the bottle and will stretch it over two weeks. :)

While we would love to be able to take one of these cruises and the "savings" from the package would total over $3,000 for the two of us the fact is that we would never drink that much. I would love the absolute freedom of "free" drinks but I am with others who feel the price of the cruise has almost certainly been raised to reflect the "free" drinks. Even if the cruise was free we would still never drink $3,000 worth on a 28 day cruise!

Like I said above though, I'd love the freedom of the drink package. I just don't think it would be worth it for us as a paying option and paying extra for a cruise to get the drink package included really wouldn't be a cost effective choice for us either.

While we would love to be able to take one of these cruises and the "savings" from the package would total over $3,000 for the two of us the fact is that we would never drink that much. I would love the absolute freedom of "free" drinks but I am with others who feel the price of the cruise has almost certainly been raised to reflect the "free" drinks. Even if the cruise was free we would still never drink $3,000 worth on a 28 day cruise!

Like I said above though, I'd love the freedom of the drink package. I just don't think it would be worth it for us as a paying option and paying extra for a cruise to get the drink package included really wouldn't be a cost effective choice for us either.

Oh, I so agree! We bought the drink package on our last cruise 2 weeks ago. We almost broke even but did tend to drink a little more to justify the cost. The thing we loved and bought the package for was the billing! So nice to check out with only 2 charges. One for me one for him! Keeping track of each purchase isn't easy and we did have a $78 charge put on our billing by mistake. We may not have caught it as easily or quickly if we have been purchasing each drink. So, in the long run I think the drink package was the way to go! That being said, YIKES! $3,000!!! I'd need a liver transplant!

If I remember correctly, earlier this year there was a free beverage offer in the UK that those in the USA could not book.

Yes there was a "free beverage package" when they first released the Princess brochure in the UK for 2015 and it was only if you booked on Caribbean Princess cruise from UK only and was eye wateringly expensive and they very soon dropped it and reduced the price of the cruises by a considerable amount.