Suggest a clean beach hotel under 150

Shocker

I know there are a lot of hotel posts but I must be lazy to look at them all. Does someone know of a clean beachfront hotel that is under 150 in April that you can walk to stores for wine and places to eat. I don't care about free breakfast or shuttles. We are from Kansas and want to stay where we can see and hear the ocean.

Thank you to all that reply.

I know there are a lot of hotel posts but I must be lazy to look at them all. Does someone know of a clean beachfront hotel that is under 150 in April that you can walk to stores for wine and places to eat. I don't care about free breakfast or shuttles. We are from Kansas and want to stay where we can see and hear the ocean.

Thank you to all that reply.

Hi Shocker, what part of FL?

Hi Shocker, what part of FL?

Well thanks working Mom I figured everyone knows where I am going or maybe being from Kansas there is not much coastline. I guess i left out an important fact....

It is Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale and this is only for one night precruise....

Thanks again Working Mom......

Edited by Shocker

Well thanks working Mom I figured everyone knows where I am going or maybe being from Kansas there is not much coastline. I guess i left out an important fact....

It is Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale and this is only for one night precruise....

Thanks again Working Mom......

I did a quick check of a few places I have stayed at and liked but looks like the price is over $150. Sorry. But you might want to check out the website sunny.org. I find it very helpful. And for me planning the vacation is just as important as the actual vacation. :).

Good luck and have a great cruise.

What is the exact date you need? You won't find a beach hotel for that rate if around Easter vacations.

For how many people? Kids?

Thew date is Thursday April 16th checking out on the 17th 2 adults. Thanks for your interest.

I think your best bet would be to use hotwire or priceline. Look at downtown and beach locations. There's no guarantee you will be on the ocean. But I see a couple beach area with great ratings.

But unless you raise your budget to $ 200 or so, there is little even on my favorite site, lastminutetravel for your budget. :o

That's a good rate. But with taxes, will be close to the $200 mark. Is the OP open to that? For something on the beach, I think they will need to be.

To the OP, there is a site called LMTCLUB.com. If you go to lastminutetravel.com, click on "club" at the top of the page tabs. They will let you sign up for free with the promo code. No cost. You will find lowest rates there. Good cancellation policy, unlike priceline and hotwire which are noncancellable. The promo code is JOINTHELMTCLUB1

I see the Renaissance on 17th St for only $92 on the club site. :p Granted, not a beach hotel, but you can catch the sun trolley to the beach or even cab it to the beach for that rate. It's a nice hotel, for sure.

Too for $149, the Gallery One Doubletree is avail. Not on beach, but on the scenic intracoastal waterway. Water taxi stop. Short walk to beach. Lots of restaruants etc.

Those are the best two values imo. But others are avail.

Add taxes to any rates we offer here. ;)

Edited by eandj

There are smaller mom and pop places that might get you close to your budget but for mid April, it will be tough. Try the following:

Silver Seas

Gigis Beach Club

Snooze Inn

Tropic Cay

Shell Resort

All are in a really good location but I've never stayed at any and know nothing about the accommodations. I just either run by there or I'm in the area at the beach.

Must be WSU..me too. Difficult to find beach for that price in high season. May be able to find something and take shuttle to beach. We stay at Bahia Mar, across the street but easy access to beach. $219/night in March

I was able to get a Priceline Express deal that was a very good deal. I got the Hyatt House in Dania Beach for only $78. Normal price is around $260. This is in February. Now it was a educated gamble but I was pretty sure the deal was for this hotel and after I got it I found out it was in fact the Hyatt House. But you have to be willing to be flexible on what hotel you end up with.

I was able to get a Priceline Express deal that was a very good deal. I got the Hyatt House in Dania Beach for only $78. Normal price is around $260. This is in February. Now it was a educated gamble but I was pretty sure the deal was for this hotel and after I got it I found out it was in fact the Hyatt House. But you have to be willing to be flexible on what hotel you end up with.

Hyatt House is 3.5 miles from the beach. :eek:

I think your best bet would be to use hotwire or priceline. Look at downtown and beach locations. There's no guarantee you will be on the ocean. But I see a couple beach area with great ratings.

But unless you raise your budget to $ 200 or so, there is little even on my favorite site, lastminutetravel for your budget. :o

I agree with you about Hotwire. As the original poster wanted to be near the water, I would recommend avoiding Priceline. If Hotwire, look for a hotel with the amenity "beachfront" or "oceanfront". If not within your budget "near ocean" usually means within half a block or so from the ocean.

Although PL is cheaper, its best to avoid them when you have particular requirement as they cannot guarantee they'll be met. Use HotelDealsRevealed.com to help you figure out what hotel you're likely to get.

Both Hotwire and Priceline are not for the risk adverse. You can't cancel your hotel reservation.