Always being asked to sign in again

solocanadian

Thanks, Walt, for letting us know that the issue is still being worked on. It has changed from intermittent to full time for me, no matter which device or browser I use. While not a life altering issue, it is annoying.

Debbie

I've always had to sign in. I don't check the "remember me" box on the websites I visit. I'm (warning - computer/internet illiterate here) concerned about places that I'm always logged in and hackers accessing that information to get into my computer.

Briefly, a couple of months ago, everytime I came on Cruise Critic, I was already logged in, even though I hadn't checked "remember me". But, everytime I go away from here and come back, I have to sign in again.

I don't find it bothersome.

Don't think any of us who are having to sign in now ever sign out. I don't so don't understand your point.

Exactly. I rarely sign out. Why would you unless you are on a shared computer? When this doesn't happen to others I guess they assume it must be user error that is causing problems:rolleyes:. When it happens to them, it's now an issue:D.

Welcome to the "Sign In Club". It's getting so tiresome. Oh well. A very Health, Happy New Year to All.:D:):D

It seems I'm a member of the club, too, :rolleyes: and it's happening with increased frequency. I'm running Safari 6.1.6 on Mac OSX (no recent updates). Just glad I picked an easy password to remember! :p

I don't know if the red triangle is working. I red triangle the FCL thread every week for Host Walt to ask him to close it once I have the new one done.

I have tried four times. The first two were error messages. The next one spun and then reverted to the thread. I got no confirmation it had been sent.

I tried a couple of hours later and the same thing happened. No idea if the message has been received or if I have bothered him with two messages. uggh.

If he doesn't get them it means I have to monitor two threads. double ughh.

A couple of weeks ago I emailed rafinmd to ask him to try when it wouldn't work for me and he succeeded, but he is cruising.

Time will tell I guess. Getting a tad frustrating. But my sign in is working again - go figure!

Edited by kazu

I, too, have had occasional issues, but (I think) they only happen when I go into Cruise Critic but didn't close down my computer after I'm done for the day. (Turning off your computer will automatically clear your cache.)

I suggest that, whenever a problem like this arises, the user should clear his/her cache and, by logging in afresh, the Cruise Critic site will create a new cookie.

If clearing your cache doesn't resolve the problem, please take advantage of our Help Desk and email your issue to help@cruisecritic.com. Be sure to specify the browser you are using and the specifics of your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup…still happening on my iMac with Safari…no problems with any other programs not keeping me signed in when I indicate to keep the sign-in active. Only CC. It does get irritating, but…it is making me remember my password ;)

Problem persists every log in on my iPad, iPhone and Macbook pro - use Safari. Especially irritating while on board and paying for Internet time by the minute. Problem is only with CC. Wish I knew how to fix this!

I haven't a clue how to clear my cache on my iPad. I had no problems until recently. It just stop remembering me. I couldn't understand why Cruise Critic can't remember me when all the other web sites I use such as Blue Mountain Greeting Cards, Jacqui Lawson and Holland America can remember me. Problem must be at Cruise Critic end.