Robes to and from Pool

It is a bathrobe, not a swim suit cover. I live at the beach and have never felt the need to put my bathrobe on to go to and from the beach. Actually, I've rarely seen it on ships, but I understand that some people don't know the purpose of a bathrobe.

With that said, the Dude is the exception to the rule. :D

What I don't understand - why do some posters feel the need to post the following disclaimer on this type of topic:

I've seen people do ______________ (fill in the blank with the topic under discussion) all the time and it doesn't ruin my cruise, make me throw up, or hurt my eyes (choose one).

No one has ever said that any of these behaviors ruin their cruise, etc.

I agree only the Dude should be able to wear one to the pool

It is a bathrobe, not a swim suit cover. I live at the beach and have never felt the need to put my bathrobe on to go to and from the beach. Actually, I've rarely seen it on ships, but I understand that some people don't know the purpose of a bathrobe.

What I don't understand - why do some posters feel the need to post the following disclaimer on this type of topic:

I've seen people do ______________ (fill in the blank with the topic under discussion) all the time and it doesn't ruin my cruise, make me throw up, or hurt my eyes (choose one).

It's a ROBE not a BATHROBE. Wear it anytime you wish. I will be strutting my stuff in my robe on the Oasis in just a few days. Let the good time roll. :D:D:D

Enjoy your cruise

Who wants a Sandy robe? I see plenty of people use robes at a pool or a hot tub but not for sand and ocean. Different thing

Also, go to Canyon Ranch or similar spas and you will see robes worn all over the property and no one looks twice.

I'm surprised about all the backlash here because I thought vacation type people would know robes are commonly worn in spas, hot tub, pool settings.

In fact, the bathrobe Royal provided on our last cruise only went to mid-thigh, what I'd expect of a pool robe or spa robe. To me a bathrobe typically goes down to near the ankles. That would be very cumbersome to walk around in.

If you seach pool robe or spa robe or swim robe thousands of results come back. It's a shorter version of a bathrobe, and really, is exactly what RCI's provided robe is; a short length terry cloth (towel) robe.

In addition, the shirt I've stashed in my pool bag is dry for re-use or at least not having to pack damp.

Yeah, I think if you walk through the Royal Promenade or go to a Show in the RCI robe, or any robe, you look like a schmuck. But to and from the pool? Right tool for the job. Especially at night getting out of a hot tub and walking into the A/C of the ship. :cool:

I'm happy to see the thread still going! Can we keep it going till my next cruise? If so, I promise photos of me in my robe all over the ship! (not just the meet and mingle). Ok, now I'll admit to padding my post count. But not to trying out for the job of volunteer moderator.

I am going to hold you to that. Photos of you in your robe at the meet and mingle, I send ten bucks to your favorite charity

Confused...Is he on his way TO or FROM the pool? or MDR?

Did anyone catch that his shoes match the robe? That hasn't been discussed yet on this thread.

Just how important is it to match the shoes with the robe when going to the pool?

I didnt realize there is a Ralphs (southern California grocery chain) on board RCI.

They are called BATHrobes, people.

Nope, it's just ROBES. Wear them anywhere you wish:D

I have to agree they are just called robes -- if they really were called bathrobes, they would get awfully wet being worn while you were taking a bath and of little use to dry off afterwards and walk ANYWHERE.

Just a simple observation.

Edited by Paulette3028

I have to agree they are just called robes -- if they really were called bathrobes, they would get awfully wet being worn while you were taking a bath and of little use to dry off afterwards and walk ANYWHERE.

Just a simple observation.

See you in line at the windjammmer. I'll be the one in the shower cap (not for showers)

See you in line at the windjammmer. I'll be the one in the shower cap (not for showers)

I love it.......and some people actually should wear shower caps in the WJ, considering that their hair could fall into the food trays (but that is another issue -- maybe even worthy of another thread).

LOL

I love it.......and some people actually should wear shower caps in the WJ, considering that their hair could fall into the food trays (but that is another issue -- maybe even worthy of another thread).

LOL

Oh no, I didn't mean on my head, I meant on my feet. After all, just cuz it's called a shower cap doesn't mean you have to wear it on your head, does it?😳

This thread has gone to new heights.....

Enjoyed the humor in it.

If I can add, a robe is a robe is a robe.

Wear it as a robe, not a cover up to the pool, that is a "cover-up"

sea Ya

This thread has gone to new heights.....

If I can add, a robe is a robe is a robe.

Wear it as a robe, not a cover up to the pool, that is a "cover-up"

sea Ya

robe

[/url]

[rohb] /roʊb/

noun 1. a long, loose or flowing gown or outer garment worn by men or women as ceremonial dress, an official vestment, or garb of office.

2. any long, loose garment, especially one for wear while lounging or preparing to dress, as a bathrobe or dressing gown.

3. a woman's gown or dress, especially of a more elaborate kind: a robe for the evening.

4. robes, apparel in general; dress; costume.

5. a piece of fur, cloth, knitted work, etc., used as a blanket, covering, or wrap: a buffalo robe; a lap robe.

Edited by kahneinny

Oh no, I didn't mean on my head, I meant on my feet. After all, just cuz it's called a shower cap doesn't mean you have to wear it on your head, does it?

Even more adorable....but I hope you have two shower caps (one for each foot) or the hopping around the buffet will be even more fun to watch.

You mean like the cruise director and assistant cruise director on my last cruise ...

RU_zps3a05da91.jpg

Leigh and Erky are unique..they certainly love to play up to their groupies, don't they.

There were a few of their groupies on my last EX cruise who were downright stalker-ish...interrupting every evening's taping, making fools out of themselves (the stalkers, not the CD and Asst) ..it was creepy and annoying.

But I digress..back to the robe issue.