Robes to and from Pool

Even cruise directors wear them around the ships

Gouge out my eyes! Was that Erkey from Turkey dancing with the CD?

I have not carousel in a robe, but did have to drip my way back to my room, wrapped in a towel, after a mostly unplanned flow rider trip. Do most folks change on the pool deck?

I like to swim early in the morning, the moment the Solarium pool opens. Wear my HUGE robe over my swimsuit and take the stairs up, like "pre-heating". Finish my "dose" of swimming, wear the HUGE again, stairs down with my goggles and cap in my hands. Got big smiles from everyone and cheery "good mornings". Back to the room, a quick shower, dress casually and off to my beloved eggs Benedict.:)

What's the consensus of wearing the RCCL robes to and from the pool area?

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

robes are for pre and post showers.

Pool cover ups are for heading to and from the pool deck.

Wow - a whole multi page thread on opinions and the pros and cons of wearing your robe to the hottub!! CC never ceases to amaze me! :) I ordered the RC robes with my visa points for DH and myself to be delivered to our stateroom. Given the state of our overpacking we will probably be wearing ours to the airport and on the flight home. Does anyone have a problem with that??? Guess the only ones I need to worry about are the TSA officers

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

I have no issues with wearing the robe around the ship.:)

Great if you are on a Carnival Ship. They had a robe party on deck one night. Please not on Royal.

Great if you are on a Carnival Ship. They had a robe party on deck one night. Please not on Royal.:D

I think it's fine to wear them to & from the pool ... and from the pool into the ship to quickly pick up a drink or whatever ...

I don't find them to be very comfortable, though, so I bring my own robe & bathing suit cover up ... I do use the provided robes on the chair or lounger on my balcony, though.

It was a cold and rainy night......

Well, it was cold and it was night when I wore mine to sit on the promenade deck. We were coming up the Chesapeake about 2AM and I had a bad case of insomnia so wrapped up in the robe for warmth and did some emailing. Didn't run into anyone going out or coming back so no one can make fun of me on FB.:p:D

Wow - a whole multi page thread on opinions and the pros and cons of wearing your robe to the hottub!! CC never ceases to amaze me! :) I ordered the RC robes with my visa points for DH and myself to be delivered to our stateroom. Given the state of our overpacking we will probably be wearing ours to the airport and on the flight home. Does anyone have a problem with that??? Guess the only ones I need to worry about are the TSA officers

:) Please post the photo at the airline check in.

Wearing a robe to the pool is awful. Seriously. People will be taking your photo and mocking you on a Facebook.

Wow, in the entire thread, this may be the most pretentious, thinks too much of their own opinion post.

I think its unlikely that I would wear one myself, but if it is early in the morning or late at night I think it's totally acceptable to wear going back and forward to a pool or hot tub. Generally, during daytime hours I prefer to be "dressed" !

However, I can see why guys might want to wear one. I suppose they are a lot easier than having to put a t-shirt and a pair of shorts on... Women have it easier in this regard. Our little chiffon cover up things can be thrown on over anything and will be dry in minutes.