Sizes of cabin doors on Princess ships

Mister White

Can anyone tell me the size of the cabin doors on Princess Ships? I believe they are 23"w x 68"h. I always forget.

It's getting to be about that time to do the door decorations and I need an accurate template.

No, I don't OCD much....

Thanks in advance.

2' W x 6'8" H :)

Thanks! Now it's time to set about making the most fabulous cruise ship door decoration. It's going to be beautiful!

Ok, time for another daft question.

Why?

Alright, make it two questions.

Will we get to see it?

Curiosity was always a failing of mine, but then again, if you don't ask you will never know :D;)

Ok, time for another daft question.

Why?

Alright, make it two questions.

Will we get to see it?

Curiosity was always a failing of mine, but then again, if you don't ask you will never know :D;)

Well....why?

I make a template of the door on very thin foam core. Foam core is a rigid paper backed board. I decorate the foam core and fold the sections up for travel. That way, I don't have to do much assembly and I do not have to worry about compromising the face of the door. (The foamcore board is attached using tape to wrap around the head and bottom of the door.)

I will try to find some photos from last year. The door theme was "Downton Abbey" With framed pictures of the cast with our faces photoshopped on it. Beautiful!!!

Well....why?

I make a template of the door on very thin foam core. Foam core is a rigid paper backed board. I decorate the foam core and fold the sections up for travel. That way, I don't have to do much assembly and I do not have to worry about compromising the face of the door. (The foamcore board is attached using tape to wrap around the head and bottom of the door.)

I will try to find some photos from last year. The door theme was "Downton Abbey" With framed pictures of the cast with our faces photoshopped on it. Beautiful!!!

I assume that when you adhere it to the door that you place it on the inside of the door and not the outside. That way you are the one who gets to look at it since you are the one who enjoys it so much. It would be a shame to put your artwork on the outside of the cabin door where you could not see it or enjoy it. :cool:

I assume that when you adhere it to the door that you place it on the inside of the door and not the outside. That way you are the one who gets to look at it since you are the one who enjoys it so much. It would be a shame to put your artwork on the outside of the cabin door where you could not see it or enjoy it. :cool:

Also, someone stole the decorations I had on my door on Emerald.

I wouldn't invest a lot in something that is exposed.

Well, now you are just being silly. Of course it is outside - helps finding the right door. And it's something fun to do. If it comes off as tacky then so be it. This was last years tacky door decoration:

10884717_4861210424365_422437104_n.jpg.dc47306c162bd95971e6b4129d24715a.jpg

Of course it is outside - helps finding the right door. And it's something fun to do.

Most people use the old fashioned way of room numbers, but whatever floats your boat (excuse the pun ;))

You will of course have to post a picture of your latest creation!

What is the theme?

Most people use the old fashioned way of room numbers, but whatever floats your boat (excuse the pun ;))

You will of course have to post a picture of your latest creation!

What is the theme?

The theme this year is "The Kim Jong Un Holiday Wig Calendar" It will feature the Supreme Leader sporting a festive holiday wig for each month of the year! Exciting, right? I just wanted to make sure that I sized the calendar pages correctly.

We do mainly charter cruises and door decorations are very popular on them, they even have a door decorating contest. :D

So, I try to get door dimensions beforehand too if it is on a ship or cruise line I have not been on before. In February we were on the MSC Divina and our travel agent arranged for a group of us to get a tour of the ship a few months before that. I took my measuring tape and another friend brought a magnet. :)

Before the cruise I was talking to the travel agent asking him an unusual question and he said "that's not the strangest question I got today, someone asked me what the door dimensions were!". I replied "26 by 78!" He couldn't believe anyone would know that. LOL

Sure cabin numbers are a way to go to find your cabin, but recognizing door decorations after a few drinks makes it easier to find your deck/cabin. ;)

Edited by Boytjie

The theme this year is "The Kim Jong Un Holiday Wig Calendar" It will feature the Supreme Leader sporting a festive holiday wig for each month of the year! Exciting, right? I just wanted to make sure that I sized the calendar pages correctly.

First of all, while I know there are a lot of crabby folk here (including, at times, yours truly), I find it hard to believe so many want to rain on your parade. You have ignored them (I just can't) with class.

So, go for it. I very much enjoy the creativity displayed with door decorations. I just hope the Supreme Leader doesn't start hacking into the ship's network as retribution!

You might want to be careful about that. Those North Koreans don't seem to have the best sense of humor.....:cool:

If the for decorations bring you joy, bravo and keep doing what makes you happy! To those who feel compelled to throw stones and pick on someone who chooses to do something you wouldn't do, why? For the most part, I like cruise critic but the meanness and judgemental comments by a few are, frankly, mind boggling. This is a forum about vacations!!! Why be unkind and insulting because someone likes things that you don't?

First of all, while I know there are a lot of crabby folk here (including, at times, yours truly), I find it hard to believe so many want to rain on your parade. You have ignored them (I just can't) with class.

So, go for it. I very much enjoy the creativity displayed with door decorations. I just hope the Supreme Leader doesn't start hacking into the ship's network as retribution!

I hope so too! The charter boytjie mentioned in a post above was the charter I was on when I did the 'Downton Abbey' door decoration. Sad that we were on a 'dead end' port/forward cabin. Didn't get much traffic. But I enjoyed doing it and having people on the ship enjoy it.

Now it's time to start my 'Kim Jong Un Holiday wig Calendar'. Yea!

Well, now you are just being silly. Of course it is outside - helps finding the right door. And it's something fun to do. If it comes off as tacky then so be it. This was last years tacky door decoration:

[ATTACH]334794[/ATTACH]

I wasn't suggesting that it was tacky. I just don't understand the purpose of going through all that trouble and placing it in the one place where you can't see it. Wouldn't it give you more joy if it were on your cabin wall? When I travel for business without my family I bring a photo of them to keep in my hotel room. It wouldn't serve the same purpose if I taped the photo to the outside of my door where I couldn't see it. Not being mean or snarky. Just genuinely confused. Never seen such a thing so maybe it has to be seen to be understood.