Transatlantic from USA and back

arizonaperson

Any way to do a transatlantic from USA port to England or Barcelona and then take another cruise line or the same cruise line a few days to a week later to return to the USA? Just don't want to have to fly to/from Europe. Minimal flying within to UK/Europe is ok.(I am asking for a friend) "They" heard someone do this that they met on a past cruise, but have no way to contact this person to see how exactly they did it.

Thanks.

Julie

You would have to dig around, but you may be able to work something with on of the cunard ships in one direction and another ship doing a repositioning cruise. For instance in the spring, many ships make an eastward crossing. If you could find the Queen Mary going west shortly afterward, that would fit you. Look for the opposite in the autumn. QM going eastward matching up with a ship coming back from Europe.

Most cruise line reposition to Europe in the spring & return in the fall

You could check Cunard for the transatlantic for the other voyage

They usually go NYC to UK or UK to NYC when other lines do not

You could probably co-ordinate the crossings to suit your needs

Edited by LHT28

I have also wanted to avoid flying and go both ways by ship. Last year I checked and could have done it with the Breakaway maiden voyage to NYC, but didn't follow through. This spring I will try again with Cunard's schedule to return or maybe a cruise reposition. England is the most likely place to pull it off. I enjoy TAs but probably won't do another if I can't find a returning ship and have to fly. I'm about done with any flying. Good luck.

If you're going spring or fall, it's not too difficult to coordinate OW on a cruise line's repo sailing and combine it with a OW Cunard sailing. However.....most likely the cruise line repo will be to/from FLA and the Cunard sailing will be to/from NY.

I've been thinking of the same thing for Fall. 2015 - there are five or six repositionings from Europe to New York between August and November - Holland America, Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean. One of these could be matched with an earlier Queen Mary 2 crossing from New York to Southampton. You would not have too broad a selection, but the thing is doable. Of course, if you were willing to do a domestic flight from Florida after the return trip, there would be many more options.

Queen Mary 2 only does transatlantic crossings between May (first WB) through January 3rd (last EB). She's on a world voyage January-May. Her TA route is usually New York - Southampton, UK, but it may be possible to make arrangements to disembark in Barcelona if that's her itinerary after coming east.

If you want to travel round-trip TA then Cunard on at least one leg is your only option outside of repositioning cruises. Start by checking Cunard's transatlantic schedule for 2015 they you can see what else will fit with that.

Though far from being a comprehensive listing, THIS PAGE may give you some starting point to work from. You might also check on some smaller and luxury lines as well -- I know Sea Dream, Seabourn, and Regent also do crossings, as has Windstar.

That's a great site. I've been looking for a fall TA and this saves me from going to a bunch of individual cruise websites to compare. Thanks.