90 days out , frustration !

firts

My oasis cruise is now 90 days out. I am not able to make dining or entertainment reservations of any kind, not even specialty dining. I call rccl talked to several different people from different departments. They said I have to wait another 30 days ! That does not seem right, or does it ?? :rolleyes:

I'm on allure in September and a while back I got an email from Royal saying that dinning reservation would be available after January 1st but they are not. I wonder if it's because they decided to postpone dynamic dinning.

My oasis cruise is now 90 days out. I am not able to make dining or entertainment reservations of any kind, not even specialty dining. I call rccl talked to several different people from different departments. They said I have to wait another 30 days ! That does not seem right, or does it ?? :rolleyes:

Why the big deal? Not like others are making reservations ahead of you

Edited by SeaUs

Why the big deal? Not like others are making reservations ahead of you

I just wanted to get it done and over. I guess with the switches first I was MTD, then Dynamic, now back again just gets me a little anxious. You're right, I needed to hear that .. should be no big deal, it will happen in no time.

When I first heard about the option of making specialty dinner reservations BEFORE you even set sail, I thought it was just ridiculous.

Fast forward a couple years. I still think it is ridiculous.

How in the world do you know if you are going to feel like a really large meal 94 days from now????

I get planning the excursions, but planning where or what you are going to eat escapes me. Just like when people want to read the dailies.....why? Don't you want any surprises at all?

You'll never have to worry about us beating you to the punch (online reservation).

This goes for shows too. I once asked my husband if he wanted to see a certain show on a specific night (we were still on land at the time). He looked at me and asked me if I was joking. Then we both started laughing. Where is the spontaneity? He said, how do I know today if I feel like going to a show 125 days from now.

Mind you, we always take two week cruises, so maybe this makes a difference...I don't know.

I am on the same sailing and I actually got an email from Royal to make my dining and show reservations and yet still not able to. My reservation still shows DD and I do not want to get stuck with MTD or late dining, so I am a little annoyed. Some people want to get these things taken care of, not sure why people are acting like the OP is obsessed.

I am on the same sailing and I actually got an email from Royal to make my dining and show reservations and yet still not able to. My reservation still shows DD and I do not want to get stuck with MTD or late dining...

Correct me if I am wrong, but Oasis is switching to Freestyle? So no early/late dining options, no MDR anymore for that matter.

Still glad to see the entertainment booking is a global problem. If it was working for others but not for me, I would be concerned.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Oasis is switching to Freestyle? So no early/late dining options, no MDR anymore for that matter.

Still glad to see the entertainment booking is a global problem. If it was working for others but not for me, I would be concerned.

Its been "postponed until later in the year" with no set start date as of now.

Edit: And from what a rep told me on the phone, my May 23 Oasis sailing will not have it either.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

They have delayed the rollout of Dynamic Dining until later in the year, so we will be doing traditional for our cruise in early April.

You are both correct and incorrect. Yes, eventually it will be changing to Dynamic Dining, however it won't be till "later this year" as the March 14, 2015 date has been postponed.

I am on the same sailing and I actually got an email from Royal to make my dining and show reservations and yet still not able to. My reservation still shows DD and I do not want to get stuck with MTD or late dining, so I am a little annoyed. Some people want to get these things taken care of, not sure why people are acting like the OP is obsessed.

Take the email with a grain of salt. We've also gotten them too early to book. Just keep checking periodically...meaning, not every day. :D

You mean Dynamic Dining but I suspect you knew that. Implementation has been postponed although no set date has been released. ;)

Couldn't edit my original post anymore, but my reservation in August is showing as dynamic dining.

So does my May 23 reservation, however I was on the phone with a rep last night and they said it will not be on my sailing and that my reservation should be updated to reflect early/late/MTD by mid-January.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Couldn't edit my original post anymore, but my reservation in August is showing as dynamic dining.

Could still be. As far as I know there still no set date. I believe the time frame was 'later this year' but that may have changed.

Just thought I would let you know that we are sailing on the Allure the day after you depart on the Oasis. Our entertainment reservations have been made for over a month now and dining reservations are currently available for booking (I just checked). Not sure why entertainment would be any different than on the Allure for booking for you right now. I assume the issue with dining may likely be getting things set up since they were planning on Dynamic Dining originally for your cruise, which others have already posted, is now delayed. Hope you manage to make your bookings soon and get what you want.

The RCL cruise planner rep I talked to today about our Oasis March 13 sailing said that they are working on the reservation system to get it changed back to early/late or MTD from Dynamic Dining. He said that it would probably be towards the end of this month before any dining reservations could be made.

I spoke with Crown and Anchor today, as I am sailing on Oasis in April. He said with the delay of Dynamic Dining they have to change out every single reservation on the computer to regular dining and that this change should be finished around January 15, although he then joked so check back about a week after that to view dining. As for Entertainment he told me anywhere from 60 - 90 days before out cruise we will be able to book entertainment.

I was getting antsy too and now I know I have to wait at least a few more weeks!