Things I Wish Carnival Would Offer

Tutontow

No, I don't get the logic. There's already a $9 limit so it doesn't save Carnival any money to make you order your drink at a certain time.

Yes, it does. If there are 2,000 past guests onboard, there will be 2,000 vouchers issued. The vast majority of guests will not use their voucher at breakfast, lunch or brunch in the dining room. In fact, not everyone knows the dining room offers breakfast or lunch, despite being listed in the Fun Times.

2,000 coupons with no time restriction would cost Carnival $18,000 of theoretical lost revenue. In actuality, that figure isn't remotely close to the actual hit Carnival would be taking. If only 500 coupons are redeemed out of 2,000 distributed, the theoretical/actual loss is obviously nowhere near the amount if everyone redeemed the voucher. Some cruises, there are more than 2,000 past guests... sometimes even more than 2,000 Platinum!

Doesn't work on us. We always use ours anyway. :)

Same here, but many people won't even though they an be used for soda as well (and that might be another angle, since it's morning the customer will use it for cheaper soda than a more expensive Pina Colada thereby saving Carnival money).

Yes, it does. If there are 2,000 past guests onboard, there will be 2,000 vouchers issued. The vast majority of guests will not use their voucher at breakfast, lunch or brunch in the dining room. In fact, not everyone knows the dining room offers breakfast or lunch, despite being listed in the Fun Times.

2,000 coupons with no time restriction would cost Carnival $18,000 of theoretical lost revenue. In actuality, that figure isn't remotely close to the actual hit Carnival would be taking. If only 500 coupons are redeemed out of 2,000 distributed, the theoretical/actual loss is obviously nowhere near the amount if everyone redeemed the voucher. Some cruises, there are more than 2,000 past guests... sometimes even more than 2,000 Platinum!

Well, this is a thread about what we wish Carnival would offer, and that is my wish. It would probably cost less than a lazy river. ;)

Faster to the Fun available at all embarkation ports. Would definitely use it in Vancouver on my Alaska cruise, but I guess since they are only embarking out of Vancouver once a season its not worth organizing it..

And a coffee card of some sort..certain number of specialty coffees for a set price..

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Get rid of Playlist Productions. Conquest has horrible entertainment, and we loved the full band on Triumph (especially the world show, the finale with America from West Side Story was absolutely incredible!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Allow only one person in a cabin to buy the Cheers program or do it on a day by day basis. Even if they are afraid of sharing, they still have a 15 drink limit anyway. So whether the person drinks it themselves...or shares it, they will always only get 15 drinks a day.

I would love to see this, no way my wife and I will have 30 drinks a day, but we could share 15. I think they would sell a lot more of them this way.

*I wish they'd bring the passenger talent shows back...with or without the live show band.

*I wish they'd offer poolside or serenity deck foot massages - something in the range of $1/minute + appropriate gratuity.

There are more, but I'm sure they've been covered. :)

I have responded to this post previously, but just thought of something else that I would love to see. I work where I have to put in for vacation time up to a year in advance, and I now travel and cruise solo...so;

I wish that Carnival would offer a few, yes just a "few" solo cruiser deals for booking a year early. I mean they could set aside some of the really undesirable staterooms, for solo cruisers who dont care about the location of their room, noise or what is above or below the rooms, could be inside or obstructed view, but at less than 200pc of the cost.

I doubt this will ever happen again, and in just over a year it will not matter to me, because I will be retired for the second and final time in my life, so I will be able to do a last minute deal.

I am just thinking that it would be a nice thing for those of us who find ourselves in a position where we still love to cruise, but no longer have a cruise partner to share the cost, and yet cost is a major factor in how we choose to vacation solo.

Sales tax laws vary by state. Assuming soda is taxable in the State you are in when you purchase the beverage, you will be taxed. The cruise line is required to collect the tax, file a Sales/use tax return, and pay the taxes to the state if they have nexus in the port.

A business can lose the right to transact business in a state for non compliance with local tax laws. I highly doubt RCI is willing to take that risk.

I contacted John Heald about this. I didn't get a response. I was wondering why carnival charged tax while in port on there cheers program when RCL or Celebrity doesn't.. i had just got off the Equinox and was telling my brother that had just got off the fantasy about the drink package on the Celebrity . He said he paid taxes on his cheers package for over 2 hours after they left port(SC). It got me to thinking of the 1 RCL ship where we purchased the bar package we didn't sign any tickets so no taxes and the Celebrity we just got off of we didn't pay taxes on it. We did how ever on the Breeze, dream in port canaveral and the sunshine. The RCL and Celebrity were both out of Fort lauderdale!!Do do some numbers on how much money if carnival is collecting I can tell you its in the millions! So is RCL and Celebrity are paying the taxes for us and Carnival is passing it along to us?